ADVERTISEMENT

There is nothing Eddie can do

brookdale-soda posted on 3/5/2015...
Eddies offense creates open looks. If I
were EJ I wouldsit down with 4 of the top recruits and show all the
open shots they will get based on this past year and tell them.... If
you can make half of these open looks, you will have a 20 win season..
Then if u guys have middle of the league ability, you'll win 3-5 more.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Poor shooting was the problem last year too. How many put backs and bunnies did Wally Judge blow? Seemed like nobody on our roster could make 40% of the 12'-15' open shots.

Originally posted by bscharf:

Originally posted by Greene Rice FIG:
I don't know why Mack can't play 28 minutes. Before we went on the run he looked he played pick up basketball for 7 hours straight and was drained. His tank is on E! He was getting picked on and abused on the defensive end. It was so obvious he needed a blow. We were very fortunate trip after trip Maryland missed uncontested shots.
@Greene Rice- I dont mean to troll you BUT look at Wisconsin's minutes last night.

Kaminsky 40 (didnt rest once)
Dekker-32
Hayes- 38
Gasser- 38
Koenig-37

It is not out of the norm for a coach to play their best players heavy minutes like this. In comparison, EJ isn't even close. Back to your point, i think this proves this is a strength and conditioning issue and not a substitutions issue.
I watched a bit of this game...they play(ed) mostly man right? CUSE can get away with this playing zone.

I agree with the S& C issue.

With the B1G tourney and the NCAA tourney around the corner Ryan could be making a mistake here.

back to my point...do you think Mack looks tired? Especially when the ball isn't in his hands?

bscharf..point taken though

OFF TOPIC....

I looked at numbers from MINN-WISC game. Minny likes to play uptempo and Wisconsin is patient and uses the shot clock and keeps tempo low.

Both times they have played over the past 1.5 weeks Wisconsin tempo won out. 59 possessions in game 1 AND 61 possessions last night. RU vs. Minny----73 possessions!

Mack has been playing with a wrist injury so that can lead to higher than "normal" fatigue, as well as shooting difficulty.

Originally posted by bscharf:

I don't know why Mack can't play 28 minutes. Before we went on the run he looked he played pick up basketball for 7 hours straight and was drained. His tank is on E! He was getting picked on and abused on the defensive end. It was so obvious he needed a blow. We were very fortunate trip after trip Maryland missed uncontested shots.
@Greene Rice- I dont mean to troll you BUT look at Wisconsin's minutes last night.

Kaminsky 40 (didnt rest once)
Dekker-32
Hayes- 38
Gasser- 38
Koenig-37

It is not out of the norm for a coach to play their best players heavy minutes like this. In comparison, EJ isn't even close. Back to your point, i think this proves this is a strength and conditioning issue and not a substitutions issue.
I watched a bit of this game...they play(ed) mostly man right? CUSE can get away with this playing zone.

I agree with the S& C issue.

With the B1G tourney and the NCAA tourney around the corner Ryan could be making a mistake here.

back to my point...do you think Mack looks tired? Especially when the ball isn't in his hands?

bscharf..point taken though
Mack may very well be fatigued. I see alot of our guys sucking wind. I forget which home game it was but it literally looked like Doorson was about to faint. I think your point of having a S&C issue makes more sense than the minutes.

I still do think Ryan is making a mistake with all the minutes he is giving to his guys.

It is always very interesting to see how coaches play things with the conference tourneys knowing what the true prize is.

Do you play kids 35 minutes 3 straight nights in pressure packed games and then throwing them in a plane, fly them acrooss the country, and play the most important games of their lives?

At least for Wisconsin's sake the Thursday/Friday game is a tune up and the 1st real game is a full week away against a team like Iowa, Purdue, or Michigan St. (obviously in a different conference)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT