ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal

Not saying anyone is right or wrong in this circumstance but this poster only posts about Conner so it’s obviously someone close or connected to him so there has to be at least some merit to it.
Yes know him well and the family. 149 is competitive for sure……..but remember Conner and Ty watters wrestled twice just last year splitting the matches Conner winning 2-1 and Ty winning 3-2. He’s ready

Yes know him well and the family. 149 is competitive for sure……..but remember Conner and Ty watters wrestled twice just last year splitting the matches Conner winning 2-1 and Ty winning 3-2. He’s ready
I'm not saying Connor isn't ready for college. I'm saying he's too big for 149. Connor is a solid 157lber and can start next year. Once Connor is on campus and in the weight room with Lorenzo I can't see him cutting down to 149 .

It’s weird. I checked flows list and he’s on there listed as a Junior and it has a date of 3/25 for when he entered the portal
Oh yes I see it now.. coulda sworn he was done.. i guess he had one year left.. glad he’s still wrestling and wish him the best.. he coulda started here next year if Soldano RS, Poz went 184 and Janzer 197.

• Haha
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Oh yes I see it now.. coulda sworn he was done.. i guess he had one year left.. glad he’s still wrestling and wish him the best.. he coulda started here next year if Soldano RS, Poz went 184 and Janzer 197.
Looking at WrestleStat it looks like he probably has 2 more years left:

2019: Redshirt
2020: RSFR (NQ)
2021: SO (NQ)
2022: Medical Redshirt
2023: SO

Agree about clock not stopping, but doesn't he have a free COVID year? That would give him 5 years of total eligibility.
2021 year was the Covid year(he was Soph),
2022-got a Medical still a Soph
2023-Soph again because of Medical
2024-Junior
2025 Senior
He competed 3 years, this year 4th and next year 5th.

Reactions: Leonard23
If Turley hangs it up, I completely understand. I can respect him if he wants to retire with his degree. If he wants to use his last year of eligibility, glad it'll be here. A true RU man in a time where kids transfer over the most frivolous reasons.
Agreed! It would be very cool if he can come back one more season really healthy and be able to repeat that AA performance he showed us as a freshman. And...you're so right...his posting of his intentions is such a breath of fresh air in light of this mess college sports in general has created for itself and the MBB program in particular has been dealing with the last few weeks. No matter what his decision, go Jackson! Go RU!

Agreed! It would be very cool if he can come back one more season really healthy and be able to repeat that AA performance he showed us as a freshman. And...you're so right...his posting of his intentions is such a breath of fresh air in light of this mess college sports in general has created for itself and the MBB program in particular has been dealing with the last few weeks. No matter what his decision, go Jackson! Go RU!
Turley wasn't a freshman when he AA'ed. He was a Sophomore. His freshman year he went 9-5 at 165.

Michigan loses a lot of fire power next year.. Davidson(2nd), Gomez(2nd), and Griffith(3rd).. looking up and down their lineup.. their only sure fire AA for next year is Ragusin and maybe Cannon… and like us, they will have a handful of wrestlers that “potential to AA”

Unless they get some more transfers I feel like Michigan will have a down year next year.

Michigan loses a lot of fire power next year.. Davidson(2nd), Gomez(2nd), and Griffith(3rd).. looking up and down their lineup.. their only sure fire AA for next year is Ragusin and maybe Cannon… and like us, they will have a handful of wrestlers that “potential to AA”

Unless they get some more transfers I feel like Michigan will have a down year next year.
Does Amine have another year? Also, Cannon would have to go 141 a weight new to him, so like you said, "maybe Cannon".

Does Amine have another year? Also, Cannon would have to go 141 a weight new to him, so like you said, "maybe Cannon".
I think Amine does have another year.. but he didn’t place this year so I’m not lumping him into the “sure fire” AA category..

If Cannon goes 141 then does Michigan RS Lemley?? Cannon could also go 133 and Ragusin uses his RS… not sure if they can fit in all 3 guys into lineup or want to

Cannon didn't come to Rutgers because he wanted to wrestle 133. I can see Cannon at 133, Rag at 141 and RS Lemley.

They can spend whatever they want to reload so we'll see what happens.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I wonder if we have any interest in Joshua Ogunsanya from Columbia. He’s a 165 graduate transfer who’s been solid prior to his injury this past year. Has some solid wins like over Julian Ramirez, Jake Wentzel, Holden Heller, Andy Clark (by MD), etc.

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
I wonder if we have any interest in Joshua Ogunsanya from Columbia. He’s a 165 graduate transfer who’s been solid prior to his injury this past year. Has some solid wins like over Julian Ramirez, Jake Wentzel, Holden Heller, Andy Clark (by MD), etc.
Is he in the portal? I would have interest if he has entered the portal..He would have two years of eligibility left.

Reactions: MS-RU
Is he in the portal? I would have interest if he has entered the portal..He would have two years of eligibility left.
I saw it on a thread on Intermat. He’s been at Columbia for 4 years so his Ivy eligibility would be exhausted now. I’m guessing they are assuming he’s in the portal if he’s going to continue wrestling.

I remember his brother wrestled for Army and was tough, reading up on the family a bit I would bet that if he transfers it won’t be a wrestling only decision like some guys ,academics are going to play a role in where he goes , as far as I can tell he’s a political science/ history major for what it’s worth

I remember his brother wrestled for Army and was tough, reading up on the family a bit I would bet that if he transfers it won’t be a wrestling only decision like some guys ,academics are going to play a role in where he goes , as far as I can tell he’s a political science/ history major for what it’s worth
Well one of the things Rutgers does have going for it, it has top notch Graduate programs that are nationally well regarded. In an era before NIL that was a big selling point for Grad transfers. However now, that means d*ck.

Well one of the things Rutgers does have going for it, it has top notch Graduate programs that are nationally well regarded. In an era before NIL that was a big selling point for Grad transfers. However now, that means d*ck.
It helped land Yara and could be an in with other Ivy grad students , Ogunsanya would be a great get at 165 for the next 2 years

Has he recovered? Is it the type of injury that is likely to reoccur?

He is not coming. Wants law school and RU law school is in Newark. Probably ends up at UNC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT