ADVERTISEMENT

USC hires Musselman

ClassOf02

Heisman Winner
Sep 30, 2010
Our new conference mate out west has hired Musselman away from Arkansas to replace Enfield.

t0_EWU.gif

Isn’t this a lateral move? Arkansas is a great job no?

Arkansas is good but the lure of LA is better and he’s got the personality for it. USC has $$$ too. It’s a win for him and USC.

Reactions: RUEd
USC in the Big 10 takes the job to a whole new level than Arkansas
I am not so sure about there. SC basketball will always be #2 in their own city. Heck, their own fanbase doesn't care about basketball.

Good....maybe that Arkansas fan (.Southern Gentleman) will stop coming around to brag about Arkansas and Muscle Heads recruiting.

Last edited:
Indeed, he's a good coach, but I'm no fan of Musselman. His persona will fit well in Hollywood.

While at Nevada, he really screwed RU. We pretty much had the Martin brothers locked up, but his bagman came in the last minute and "convinced" them Reno was the place for them.

https://www.onthebanks.com/2016/5/2...leb-cody-martin-commit-to-nevada-over-rutgers
Yes , there were rumors here that musselman paid the Martin’s . Dont think that was ever reported or confirmed.
They were worth paying as Nevada went to sweet 16

NJ CBA portal center Josh Cohen is following Musselman to USC, after committing to Arkansas
He’s probably ecstatic — USC better school and while being an SEC athlete has perks, being in LA area does too…

Bud Walton arena average attendance is over 19,000, USC is a little over 6,000. Razorback fans are solid.
Muss had no control over his team this year. They were a bunch of street kids with no discipline. Muss was understandably disappointed and needs a change; USC is the recipient of a good coach.
Calipari is in a different boat but on the same course as Muss.

Reactions: Good-Knight
Like clockwork......this Southern Gentleman dude returns to a Rutgers MBB board to brag about Arkansas.
Southern Gentleman is a good person. A much better poster than many on this board, as @MrsScrew explains here:

@Southern Gentleman lives up to his name both here on the boards & in real life. He's a Razorback fan first & a RU fan second as evidenced by the RU flag he flies alongside the Razorback flag on his back deck.
Those of us who made the trip to Fayetteville were embraced by the Razorback fans with respect, kindness & true southern hospitality. We all have a story of someone going above & beyond just to show us a good time.
I take personal offense to anyone disrespecting SG.

Arkansas doesn't have to pay a buyout and neither does Kentucky have to pay Cal the 30 mill he had coming. Arkansas has some serious NIL sugar daddies in Tyson(chicken), Walton(Walmart) and Jerry Jones(alum)Arkansas doesn't have to pay a buyout and neither does Kentucky have to pay Cal the 30 mill he had coming. Arkansas has some serious NIL sugar daddies in Tyson(chicken), Walton(Walmart) and Jerry Jones(alum)

Live in house in Manhattan beach vs. house in Arkansas. You pick
In Fayetteville you won't wake up in the morning to see a homeless person taking a dump in your backyard. Manhattan Beach? Weekly occurrence. I wouldn't want to live there. My good friends in Seal Beach are not happy.

Reactions: RUforester72
What??!?!?

After his Hogs, Southern Gentleman is huge Rutgers fan, and a GREAT poster on this board.
BS, we just finished a season and he did not discuss Rutgers MBB on this board all year so that's not being a Rutgers fan.

Only comes to this board to brag when Arkansas is playing well or Arkansas is recruiting well. That's just a fact. Show me a thread of him discussing Rutgers MBB like a fan.

He bragged about Eric Muscle Head and his recruiting and will start to brag about what Calipari will do.

Last edited:
BS, we just finished a season and he did not discuss Rutgers MBB on this board all year so that's not being a Rutgers fan.

Only comes to this board to brag when Arkansas is playing well or Arkansas is recruiting well. That's just a fact. Show me a thread of him discussing Rutgers MBB like a fan.

He bragged about Eric Muscle Head and his recruiting and will start to brag about what Calipari will do.
You couldn’t be more wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT