ADVERTISEMENT

Was this an all time snub?

Total bullsh*t to count OOC strength instead of overall strength.
Does NC State have a win against a #1 seed?...Nevada?
We also split with a #4 seed.
How many Quad 1 wins does NC State have?
The unbalanced Big Ten schedule made ours the toughest in the conference.

Reactions: Loyal-Son and goru7
SOR seems really a dumb measuring stick
Well let's see...

Rutgers: 40th in NET, 19-14, 222 Non-Con SOS, 4-7 vs Q1, 6-3 vs Q2, 2-4 vs Q3, 7-0 vs Q4

Utah State: 18th in NET, 25-8, 28 Non-Con SOS, 2-5 vs Q1, 9-1 vs Q2, 13-0 vs Q3, 1-2 vs Q4

Providence: 56th in NET, 21-11, 274 Non-Con SOS, 4-8 vs Q1, 3-2 vs Q2, 3-1 vs Q3, 11-0 vs Q4

So yea... Both look better than Rutgers. Providence by a hair.
I don't see Providence as better than Rutgers. 11 Quad 4 games!
RU 10-10 Quad 1 +2. Prov 7-10 Quad 1 +2.
I just see good to great wins as being more important than so-called bad losses.
What was the Friars best win?

Reactions: biazza38 and tm_nj
SOR seems really a dumb measuring stick

I don't see Providence as better than Rutgers. 11 Quad 4 games!
RU 10-10 Quad 1 +2. Prov 7-10 Quad 1 +2.
I just see good to great wins as being more important than so-called bad losses.
What was the Friars best win?
Sure they have 11 Q4 games but the biggest difference is only 1 Q3 loss to Rutgers 4. Providence ended up being 14-1 against Q3/Q4 while Rutgers ended up 9-4.

The answer is yes - Bracketmatrix just posted that this is a top-5 all-time snub, coming in 3rd behind only Syracuse 07 and VaTech 11
I think it’s fair to say that it is much easier to predict now based on the expanded criteria and transparency on metrics versus 10 to 20 years ago.. That’s how bracketologists can now predict not just who makes it but what seeds they’ll have with remarkable. So this really makes this a much bigger screw job.

I guess my question would be - was there even prior precedent for a team with less than 15 losses missing the field with 7 wins over teams in the at large field?

It’s not like we just had 7 wins over the bottom of the field. 5 of 7 in the top half of the bracket. 2 in the top 16 overall seeds (including a number 1 seed on the road). We beat a 1 seed, a 4 seed, two 7 seeds, an 8 seed and two 10 seeds.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
The tourney isnt made up of Q3 schools

So it's not body of work then?
It's only record against q1/q2 school?

The constant moving goalposts is crazy.
"Can't use eye test for 8 games post-Mag. But can use eye test for 2 games UM against UM/PU."

Doing the same moving around as the committee changing criteria.

A look at the complete 2023 NIT bracket​

The biggest NCAA Tournament snub will have a chance for redemption. It starts against Hofstra in round one.
7a5968dabd945d9487592bf8b81e94de

Should've been in, but not to good to be left out. We set ourselves up for this disappointment

I didn't see most of 1st half but honestly R guys looked unfocused in the 2nd half. Idk if it was fatigue or some mental letdown from missing the Big Dance, maybe some of both. I read some posts here saying Cliff was injured in 1st half (ankle?) and he definitely seemed less bouncy and a 1/2 step behind most of the 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT