ADVERTISEMENT

Watch party in Bordentown

MrsScrew

Heisman Winner
Sep 27, 2006
NJ
Watch party this Saturday, September 23 Rutgers vs Michigan.

Old Town pub on Farnsworth avenue. Offering a 7 TVs plus sound in the bar. They got the big 10 network just so they could host parties for us

Last edited:
Looking to see if anybody would be interested in attending a watch party in Bordentown for this Saturday's game.

Old Town pub on Farnsworth avenue. Offering a 7 TVs plus sound in the bar

We get kicked out of Hamilton Tap & Grill?

Place has good reviews. I’d go if it wasn’t so far away. Too far to drive drunk
One of the few downsides of OCNJ is having to drive to get to a bar. Any bar. But then again, many think that's also an upside in keeping the town quiet and tidy, which makes it so ironic that drunken teenage hooliganism was centered in a dry town the last few summers.

Reactions: newell138
As Mrs. Screw said, the owner of Old Town Pub knew we used to go to HTG, went and got B1G Network and the former manager of Hamilton Tap and Grill has joined his team. He’s offered us half the first floor bar with TV’s and audio and would like to host and see how it goes. It’s also 8 minutes away from HTG. Not far at all.

As it relates to parking, there is a free lot right next door to this bar. Also, as it’s a noon game, much parking is available around town within a block or two (this isn’t a 3:30 or 7:30 game when the city is jammed).And if someone is fine walking 2 1/2 blocks, there is a free NJ transit lot that is four minutes away by foot. I’m fact…some people may want to take the River Line in to town as it is only $1.60 each way and far cheaper than an Uber.

I get the questions for the change of venue but I don’t see anyone questioning trying to arrange another viewing party.

I’ll be there. Hopefully we will see you. The owner is asking for numbers though so he knows how much space to block off.

Old town pub is a nice spot. I'm in there least once a month. For anyone who would remember, it use to be the Farnsworth House. The service is good, the craft beer list is an upgrade from Hamilton tap. They have a pretty great Bourbon list as well. I live locally to Bordentown and although i can't make it this time, i hope this new partnership is a success.

Looking to see if anybody would be interested in attending a watch party in Bordentown for this Saturday's game.

Old Town pub on Farnsworth avenue. Offering a 7 TVs plus sound in the bar. They got the big 10 network just so they could host parties for us

I hear it's a great place to watch Iowa on BTN, lol. I can only imagine bar owners who paid for BTN so their RU fan clientele could come to their places to watch the game and then were screwed, so to speak.

• Haha
Reactions: MrsScrew
One of the few downsides of OCNJ is having to drive to get to a bar. Any bar. But then again, many think that's also an upside in keeping the town quiet and tidy, which makes it so ironic that drunken teenage hooliganism was centered in a dry town the last few summers.

Now that i live in the south end, a bike ride to the Deauville is not that uncommon

Reactions: Scarlet16E
Also I’m loving that you are setting these up here. I’ll attend the next one as long as I can get a babysitter for a few hours. Wife works Saturdays and I try to save my sitters for the home games when I can see them live.

Spent few yrs there as a yute.
joe pesci youths GIF

My mother in law lives in Bordentown. Been to this place several times like others said parking is not an issue as there’s a lot right next to the place and if that’s full there’s the Pharmacy parking lot across the street. We really liked the appetizers there. Tried several and they were all good, perfect for watching a game.

Love the Deauville.
Us too - we go there at least once every vacation in OCNJ, preferably on a nice evening where we'll see a good sunset, as it's one of the few places on the NJ coast where one gets a sunset over the water/marshes. Pretty good bar food, but the draw is the outdoor bar and sunset. It's often so crowded that we'll just get drinks from the bar and go sit in the Adirondack chairs by the water to catch the sunset.

I live in Bordentown. I'll be there.

Manager who took care of us left & went to Bordentown. Wants us to follow him

I am trying to figure out if people are willing to drive down to Bordentown.
If we still lived in Hamilton Square we would certainly be there. One of my few regrets about leaving NJ is not being able to go to these gatherings and meet y'all. (Yes we moved to the south.)

Reactions: MrsScrew
If we still lived in Hamilton Square we would certainly be there. One of my few regrets about leaving NJ is not being able to go to these gatherings and meet y'all. (Yes we moved to the south.)

Where did you move to? We are eyeballing NC for our eventual retirement. Wilmington vicinity.

Where did you move to? We are eyeballing NC for our eventual retirement. Wilmington vicinity.
Western NC, Asheville area. We miss the beach (it's 5 hours to the shore.) but, we love the mountains and the weather. And while Asheville proper appears to have lost some of its luster we still love the city. We are "big city" people at heart and Asheville provides the social and cultural amenities that we enjoy as well as a good medical system. Might be worth a visit.

Western NC, Asheville area. We miss the beach (it's 5 hours to the shore.) but, we love the mountains and the weather. And while Asheville proper appears to have lost some of its luster we still love the city. We are "big city" people at heart and Asheville provides the social and cultural amenities that we enjoy as well as a good medical system. Might be worth a visit.
Great area for breweries!

Curious as to why you didn’t choose Manhattan, JC, Philly or DC?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT