ADVERTISEMENT

Watch party in Bordentown

Western NC, Asheville area. We miss the beach (it's 5 hours to the shore.) but, we love the mountains and the weather. And while Asheville proper appears to have lost some of its luster we still love the city. We are "big city" people at heart and Asheville provides the social and cultural amenities that we enjoy as well as a good medical system. Might be worth a visit.

my rule is no more than 40 minutes to a beach.

If we still lived in Hamilton Square we would certainly be there. One of my few regrets about leaving NJ is not being able to go to these gatherings and meet y'all. (Yes we moved to the south.)

We'll be down there and go to your watch party in a couple of years.

Best Friends Fist Bump GIF by Mashed

Curious as to why you didn’t choose Manhattan, JC, Philly or DC?
In no particular order: Mountains, Weather, Cost of Living, Music Scene, and many options to allow us pursue our active lifestyles. Also, though not a factor when we made our choice, we are closer to our children that have moved all around the country (bonus).

We'll be down there and go to your watch party in a couple of years.
You'll be more than welcome!

Oh, and we do have another Rutgers fan 25 minutes away from me that I am now friends with because of the board. C'mon down!

Last edited:
Reactions: RUScrew85
Take the River Line. Easy, cheap and close to the Pub.
The River Line is great for Bordentown. I was living there back in, say, 2009 when Temple was playing Seton Hall in Newark ... in a major snowstorm. I never even had to get in my car. Took the River Line from Bordentown to Trenton and then the Corridor up to Newark Penn Station. Could've never driven it. To be honest, I'm surprised the rails were moving as well as they were.

But the point is that Rutgers fans could easily take the Corridor down from anywhere along that line, hop the River Line to Bordentown, and get schnockered at Old Town Pub.

So I had two outdoor events scheduled for this Saturday. Frankford Hall's huge Oktoberfest celebration then up to PARX racetrack to watch the PA Derby and Cotillion.
Forecast sucks. So my options are cooking all day watching college football or taking the River Line up to Bordentown. Knowing @MrsScrew she would approve either options as she herself likes to cook all day.

Reactions: MrsScrew
So I had two outdoor events scheduled for this Saturday. Frankford Hall's huge Oktoberfest celebration then up to PARX racetrack to watch the PA Derby and Cotillion.
Forecast sucks. So my options are cooking all day watching college football or taking the River Line up to Bordentown. Knowing @MrsScrew she would approve either options as she herself likes to cook all day.

Take the riverline! We haven't seen you in forever. Cook on Sunday!

• Love
Reactions: WhiteBus
Take the riverline! We haven't seen you in forever. Cook on Sunday!
I'm going to next weeks game! Would like to find a Great Dane to walk around the lots. Obviously Scarlet is gone and my friend Reed, who came to 2 Rutgers Tailgates, now lives outside Orlando.
I think I'll split it up. See you for the first half and head back home. Chicken Parm and Lasagna when I get home. Give me your secrets on those two when I see you! BTW I will be wearing the Go Scarlet hat you got me many years ago. ♥️

Last edited:
  • Love
My wife grew up in Bordentown after about 10 other stops for the Army brat. Anyway, I love to tell the story about when we met and were dating how we lived on opposite sides of the State. You could literally see the Delaware River from her house and from my house, living in Belmar you could see the Atlantic Ocean. So do long distance relationships work, absolutely. LOL! I like Bordentown and the Mom and Pop restaurants, nothing but chains by me.

Last edited:
The menu at this place is a significant upgrade. They had me at oysters on the half shell. Clams, mussels, calamari, oh my. I'm in if we are over whatever bug my son brought home from school.

I'm going to next weeks game! Would like to find a Great Dane to walk around the lots. Obviously Scarlet is gone and my friend Reed, who came to 2 Rutgers Tailgates, now lives outside Orlando.
I think I'll split it up. See you for the first half and head back home. Chicken Parm and Lasagna when I get home. Give me your secrets on those two when I see you! BTW I will be wearing the Go Scarlet hat you got me many years ago. ♥️
I made the sauce today, lasagna goes in the oven tomorrow.

I made the sauce today, lasagna goes in the oven tomorrow.
I got all my ingredients. Changed from Lasagna to spaghetti and meatballs but Chicken Parm is still a go. And Jamaica jerk wings as well. Will start my "gravy" upon waking up. Unless there is a break from the storm I'm going to stay put. Rain and big winds tomorrow. I'll figure it out in the morning.

Dude this is biking weather. Get on your bike and pedal over.

The menu at this place is a significant upgrade. They had me at oysters on the half shell. Clams, mussels, calamari, oh my. I'm in if we are over whatever bug my son brought home from school.

Gonna have to put the top up on the Cadoo for the ride over.

Reactions: czxqa
Their appetizers were really good and thoroughly enjoyed. Meals not bad, but nothing special.

A good place, though i’m not a fan of only one tv…..
Turns out, like most bars, they assumed they had the channel until 30 min before kickoff. Comcast Business subscription does not include the B1G channel. They hooked up a fire TV or something to get the channel on at least one.

As Mrs. Screw said, the owner of Old Town Pub knew we used to go to HTG, went and got B1G Network and the former manager of Hamilton Tap and Grill has joined his team. He’s offered us half the first floor bar with TV’s and audio and would like to host and see how it goes. It’s also 8 minutes away from HTG. Not far at all.

As it relates to parking, there is a free lot right next door to this bar. Also, as it’s a noon game, much parking is available around town within a block or two (this isn’t a 3:30 or 7:30 game when the city is jammed).And if someone is fine walking 2 1/2 blocks, there is a free NJ transit lot that is four minutes away by foot. I’m fact…some people may want to take the River Line in to town as it is only $1.60 each way and far cheaper than an Uber.

I get the questions for the change of venue but I don’t see anyone questioning trying to arrange another viewing party.

I’ll be there. Hopefully we will see you. The owner is asking for numbers though so he knows how much space to block off.
Can’t make it today, but I love the Old Town Pub choice. I am one town away.

Thank you and Mrs Screw for organizing again!!!

Turns out, like most bars, they assumed they had the channel until 30 min before kickoff. Comcast Business subscription does not include the B1G channel. They hooked up a fire TV or something to get the channel on at least one.
How do you assume when you invite people to arrange their day around a specific attraction? That’s an egregious mistake. You can’t be in the bar/sports bar business and not know you do not get specific channels.

It’s like advertising a specific fight or mma and not getting the subscription.

How do you assume when you invite people to arrange their day around a specific attraction? That’s an egregious mistake. You can’t be in the bar/sports bar business and not know you do not get specific channels.

It’s like advertising a specific fight or mma and not getting the subscription.

I'm extremely disappointed with this, but I am not the one who coordinated it here. The person who did was assured that they had BTN.

MrScrew & I are heading to Wisconsin & will be traveling in the Indiana game so we won't have to deal with this again for awhile.
May need to return to Hamilton Tap & Grill

I'm extremely disappointed with this, but I am not the one who coordinated it here. The person who did was assured that they had BTN.

MrScrew & I are heading to Wisconsin & will be traveling in the Indiana game so we won't have to deal with this again for awhile.
May need to return to Hamilton Tap & Grill
Yea not pointing fingers. Awful on their part. Had a minority stake in a couple bars in the city. Worked to get SEC schools to make us their home bar after they had a similar situation. It’s not hard to figure out if you have the channel. You test it before you arrange to host the event. If you have it nothing to worry about. If you don’t you get on the phone and change your subscription.

Yea not pointing fingers. Awful on their part. Had a minority stake in a couple bars in the city. Worked to get SEC schools to make us their home bar after they had a similar situation. It’s not hard to figure out if you have the channel. You test it before you arrange to host the event. If you have it nothing to worry about. If you don’t you get on the phone and change your subscription.

Agreed 150%

Reactions: RUScrew85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT