ADVERTISEMENT

Why don't more posters here have an avatar?

I must be a real glutton for punishment today. So I click on my name and it says profile page. Then I click on avatar where it says something about uploading (whatever that is) and browse. When I click on browse,there are no logos to choose from. I am not looking for anything fancy--just a red "R" or maybe the end zone photo of the stadium jam packed for a day game that I see from various posters. Lucky I don't drink or I would be on my second bottle of Kentucky Bourbon by now !!!

Here you go

RutgersFootball800x600_8col_zpswgiaa6u5.jpg

It only takes a few seconds to get rid of the dot with a white head in it.
Is being really, really lazy, combined with not caring about it, at all, an acceptable excuse? Someday, I may be the last one left without an avatar and then the generic white man avatar will be all mine...

I must be a real glutton for punishment today. So I click on my name and it says profile page. Then I click on avatar where it says something about uploading (whatever that is) and browse. When I click on browse,there are no logos to choose from. I am not looking for anything fancy--just a red "R" or maybe the end zone photo of the stadium jam packed for a day game that I see from various posters. Lucky I don't drink or I would be on my second bottle of Kentucky Bourbon by now !!!

download a photo on your computer 1st. Then do what you did above then pick the photo you downloaded and you are done!

here, pick something: https://www.google.com/search?q=rut...a=X&ei=Mt6aVcO6Ksj3-AGri4OYAQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Heaven- if you have a photo of you or something else that you want to use, save it to your desktop. Do exactly what you did, and when you click browse, it will give you an option off pulling it from your desktop.

Thanks to the OP for the thread. I don't normally use this type of stuff on social media, but it beats what is there otherwise.

Reactions: Dr. Potato
You can find literally the strangest Rutgers-themed products possible on the enormous universe we call the internet, but you don't know what "upload" means?

Starting from the top...it means taking a file from your computer and uploading/transferring it to the server the forum is based on. The opposite of downloading an item from the server, or from iTunes, or any other file sharing site. When you're clicking "browse" it is looking for a file to upload. You could have used any particular image file located on your computer, even one of your kids or spouse or friend or anything taken with a camera or previously saved.

You want to download a Rutgers block R first, and then navigate to whatever folder you downloading the item to in the instructions someone posted earlier. Upload it, and you're done.

Screw 85,
thanks, as you can see I have my Avatar in place. your help is appreciated, glad to see not everyone is a arrogant piece of poop.

LOL. You'd be one of the few around here that doesn't think I'm an arrogant piece of poop. Thanks!

Reactions: mildone

See what Dr. Potato says in his post. The web site is asking you to browse your home computer for the avatar you want. So pick one from somewhere on the web (for example you can right click on the 12:00 pic I posted and select save) then look for that image when you click browse and select it. Remember where you save your downloaded avatar and browse to there.

If you really want one and can't figure it out, find someone you trust on the site, send them your login ID and password and have them do it for you. Then once they are done - CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD to something only you know.

Or maybe an admin can do it for you. Spanky?

I might be able to do it tomorrow. If you open it with photoshop or ms paint etc. Just crop the sides and top some and that should work.

Agreed. The new format seems to really promote trolling, as they remove all identifiers other than your handle. No more originating site, no avatar. You really need to go by post count, since they reset that for every board.

We kept our post count on the Michigan boards. I probably had 30 or 40 posts here since you guys joined the conference, but got the big reset when they changed.

I wonder if Heaven will ever be able to figure it out? He has until the season begins before he is banned for life for not having an avatar*

*(might not be a real thing)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT