ADVERTISEMENT

Will Davis and Ndongo sign today?

AZBlues

Senior
Sep 29, 2013
Sorry if this was already discussed, but since today is the start of the regular signing period for our 2023 basketball recruits, has anyone heard any news on whether Jamichael Davis and Baye Ndongo plan to sign their National Letters of Intent today, or if not today, soon? (Gavin already signed during the early period.)

I believe it was mentioned by someone that they will sign today but I haven't seen anything official.

Reactions: Scangg
I hope they were not Karl Hobbs recruits. I am Probably being paranoid but I don't like the timing.

I hope they were not Karl Hobbs recruits. I am Probably being paranoid but I don't like the timing.
Ndongo apparently was a Hobbs recruit. Not sure yet if or how much Hobbs was involved in the recruiting of Davis. (Hopefully not much..) (2024 recruit Warren stated in an interview that T.J. Thompson called him every day during his recruiting, so I assume that Thompson was the lead recruiter for Dellquan. Brandin Knight was Ace Bailey's primary recruiter.)

Last edited:
Don’t most high schools end classes about an hour ago?

We would expect this sort of news this evening right?

The signing window opened today and goes for a period of time.

Someone should probably check their Twitter accounts to see if they have a ceremony at their schools set for a certain date.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
It doesn’t matter if Hobbs recruited them or even Knight. If they didn’t commit to PIKE AND RUTGERS they committed for the wrong reasons.

So then why even have assistant coaches recruit?
Why even have HC Pike recruit?
Don't even consider the recruiting ability of coaches when making hires.

If a player isn't ready to commit to Rutgers regardless of HC or assistant then kick them to the curb.
In fact, why even wait. They should be committing to Rutgers immediately upon receiving an offer. Or else take the offer back.

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

• Haha
Reactions: MiloTalon13
So then why even have assistant coaches recruit?
Why even have HC Pike recruit?
Don't even consider the recruiting ability of coaches when making hires.

If a player isn't ready to commit to Rutgers regardless of HC or assistant then kick them to the curb.
In fact, why even wait. They should be committing to Rutgers immediately upon receiving an offer. Or else take the offer back.

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight
Exaggerate much? Of course the recruiting coach matters but that’s not a deal breaker, he’s not IN CHARGE. It’s Pike that sets the direction. If a kid leaves because an assistant leaves, he’s just not committed to the head coach, obvs, right? SMH… If a kid is committed to Duke and an assistant leaves, and the kid leaves wouldn’t you think that’s strange? I do.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT