ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea, just like no one does since that information isn't public record. Regardless that wasn't why I responded. Someone said Cael and Brands don't give kids the time of day with kids that don't place top 3 at states. That's totally false and it didn't take me much time to look that up

Yeah, Jordan Pagano went to PSU and transferred because he wasn't getting looks from the coaching staff. Its a business and business calls are made daily. The best thing Cael can do is develop his scholarship dollars.

Besides for injury, has Cael, Tom Ryan, Brands started guys who weren't high placers in high school? I mean 125 he went from Nico to Nick. 133 has been a weak weight but they had cortez and keener. 141 was Jimmy Gullibon and now Nick Lee. 149 has been Zain. 157... I could go on, but seriously, who gets a lot of burn at those schools besides high placers? Its not a knock... I am sure if any school could land these recruits it would.

I have no idea, just like no one does since that information isn't public record. Regardless that wasn't why I responded. Someone said Cael and Brands don't give kids the time of day with kids that don't place top 3 at states. That's totally false and it didn't take me much time to look that up

I don't think that was meant to be taken 100% literally... (Or even 50% for that matter). But the point is when ur getting 6 of the top 15 pfp kids..(how many of those didn't win a state title) How hard is Carl recruiting his walk on, depth guys? Not nearly as hard as the school guys...

I don't think that was meant to be taken 100% literally... (Or even 50% for that matter). But the point is when ur getting 6 of the top 15 pfp kids..(how many of those didn't win a state title) How hard is Carl recruiting his walk on, depth guys? Not nearly as hard as the school guys...

He made my point pretty well lol.

Not sure what the argument is? Someone mentioned Cael doesn’t take kids that aren’t top 3 at states. I clearly proved that wrong.

Of course they also have ton of high class talent, I never denied that. He’s Cael Sanderson the greatest college wrestler ever in the biggest hotbed of talent.

I can promise you Cael and the staff treats the 38th best kid in the room with the same respect as the best.

Jordan Pagano not getting a look? Assanine comment. He wasn’t better than the guys ahead of him. Pagano himself has had nothing but praise about his time at PSU and their staff. He wanted a chance to start somewhere else and he did that. Not sure how that means he didn’t get a “look”

I don't think that was meant to be taken 100% literally.....

Don’t take it literally? His statement was that PSU doesn’t give a look to kids that didn’t place top 3. He made a statement of fact. I debunked it. How the hell should I know to not take it literally?

Don’t take it literally? His statement was that PSU doesn’t give a look to kids that didn’t place top 3. He made a statement of fact. I debunked it. How the hell should I know to not take it literally?

Because taking it literally makes u look like an idiot...

Reactions: ruready07
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i..._transfer_jordan_pagano_rutgers_wrestlin.html

pagano's words, not mine. Guy, relax. I didn't say he doesn't respect them. I said he isn't spending a ton on developing them. Jeez.....

Good article and now I understand why you said he didn’t get a good look. My response was based on a video from last year where he said he learned a lot, improved his offense, etc. Pretty sure it was after his big win against Priesch.

I’m totally relaxed. Only reason I jumped in the thread is because someone said PSU doesn’t take kids that don’t place top 3

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
I think certain programs don't offer scholarships to guys who don't place top 3, but why would those programs? I mean honestly PSU,OSU,tOSU,Iowa don't need to get a 4x state placer who never got higher than 7th. I don't think any of those coaches are bad people or think less of a kid who works hard simply because results weren't there. I just don't think they spend the resources on developing them unless its forced by injury/hole in the lineup.

Again, that's not a knock on these guys.

I think certain programs don't offer scholarships to guys who don't place top 3, but why would those programs? I mean honestly PSU,OSU,tOSU,Iowa don't need to get a 4x state placer who never got higher than 7th. I don't think any of those coaches are bad people or think less of a kid who works hard simply because results weren't there. I just don't think they spend the resources on developing them unless its forced by injury/hole in the lineup.

Again, that's not a knock on these guys.

Stumbled upon this this morning. Call it way back when wednesday?

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...ers-wrestling-became-national-force/80002990/

DUVkxBcVoAA12jo.jpg

Reactions: TommyRutgers
In other D1 wrestling news in the state, Rider has Lock Haven today so Chad Walsh vs Chance Marsteller should be a great match. Few other good matches as well, want to see how Dippery does with Shoop.

Reactions: belushijo
6pm tonight on BTN TV , Iowa vs Michgan

https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/34/iowa/40/michigan

Should be very close. Some feature matchups:

125- #3 Spencer Lee vs #9 Drew Mattin
149- #2 Branden Sorensen vs #19 Malik Amine
157- #2 Michael Kemerer vs #7 Alec Pantaleo
165- #9 Alex Marinelli vs #8 Logan Massa
184- #20 Mitch Bowman vs #5 [URL='http://intermatwrestle.com/rankings/wrestler/11488183009']Domenic Abounader[/URL]
197- Cash Wilcke vs #14 [URL='http://intermatwrestle.com/rankings/wrestler/11413900009']Kevin Beazley[/URL]
285- #3 Sam Stoll vs #2 [URL='http://intermatwrestle.com/rankings/wrestler/11488204009']Adam Coon[/URL]
[URL='http://intermatwrestle.com/rankings/wrestler/11488204009'][/URL]
Above rankings from Intermat

Wonder if Brands will send out Stoll (as opposed to sitting him against Snyder last week)

Looks like the officials didn't call a TD for Profaci against Turk at the buzzer. Brick thrown and under review. Even the BTN announcers said it was an easy call for a Take down.

Wow, what a finish. Going to SV

Turk upsets , small upset, Profaci in SV.

Kemerer not going tonight for Iowa.

Wow this Iowa vs. UMich. match coming down to heavyweight #2 vs #3. Best match so far this year. IMO

Dip's only loss in his last 10 matches was to
#4 Jaydin Eierman.

Yesterday, Missouri beat Oklahoma State.

141: #5 Jaydin Eierman (Missouri) vs. #4 Dean Heil (Oklahoma State)

1st period: Heil shoots and Eierman scores off it to go up 2-0 and then immediately cuts Heil to make it 2-1. Heil has been firing off a lot of attacks early. Shot from space by Heil, blocked off by Eierman. Period ends with Eierman in the lead 2-1.

2nd period: Heil starts on bottom and get the reversal then a reversal to his back for Eierman and he now leads 8-3 after Heil fights off his back. 1:18 of riding time for Eierman as they restart and Heil hits a granby to get an escape and they are back on their feet. Heil looks for a bear hug and Eierman steps over it and puts Heil on his back again and gets the fall.

Final score: Eierman by fall.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Yesterday, Missouri beat Oklahoma State.

141: #5 Jaydin Eierman (Missouri) vs. #4 Dean Heil (Oklahoma State)

1st period: Heil shoots and Eierman scores off it to go up 2-0 and then immediately cuts Heil to make it 2-1. Heil has been firing off a lot of attacks early. Shot from space by Heil, blocked off by Eierman. Period ends with Eierman in the lead 2-1.

2nd period: Heil starts on bottom and get the reversal then a reversal to his back for Eierman and he now leads 8-3 after Heil fights off his back. 1:18 of riding time for Eierman as they restart and Heil hits a granby to get an escape and they are back on their feet. Heil looks for a bear hug and Eierman steps over it and puts Heil on his back again and gets the fall.

Final score: Eierman by fall.
great stuff

Been telling all u fkers Marinelli was the real deal!!! Puts Lewis's ot loss to him in more persepectjve now... Lewis gonna take it to Joseph tomorrow

Maybe I am at a disadvantage because I haven't been drinking, but I don't understand how Marinelli beating a lower-ranked wrestler who is in free-fall at the moment puts anything in perspective, much less Lewis's loss to him.

Maybe I am at a disadvantage because I haven't been drinking, but I don't understand how Marinelli beating a lower-ranked wrestler who is in free-fall at the moment puts anything in perspective, much less Lewis's loss to him.

Free fall? Massa worst loss was to Wick (who owns a win over Wanzek btw) Massa vs Joseph was way closer than final score indicated (2 pt match until last 30 sec when Massa tried a throw) Its a very good win for Marinelli...

Reactions: KidDagger
Been telling all u fkers Marinelli was the real deal!!! Puts Lewis's ot loss to him in more persepectjve now... Lewis gonna take it to Joseph tomorrow

So let me get this straight. Lewis lost twice to Maranelli. Maranelli beats Massa by a point, Joseph beat Massa by 9. But Lewis will beat Joseph?

Can’t wait to come back to this after the match

Free fall? Massa worst loss was to Wick (who owns a win over Wanzek btw) Massa vs Joseph was way closer than final score indicated (2 pt match until last 30 sec when Massa tried a throw) Its a very good win for Marinelli...

I wonder if you and some others actually watch matches or you just check box scores and listen to internet chatter. Joseph was in complete control of Massa 2 takedowns to none and Massa wasn’t getting close to Joseph legs. Massa figures he has to change it up and go upper body and Joseph flattens him. It wasn’t a close match score wise or even if you didn’t see final score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT