ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get your facts straight ..all Snyder had to do was major Nevills and the match would have been a tie and OSU wins on criteria..final score was 19-18 one more point as in a major and it’s a tie which OSU would have won....what match were you watching that nightlol

Hey dumbbell, next time you attempt to correct or humiliate another poster, have a clue what youre talking about.. Clown

Last edited:
Reactions: JBott
Yo, how about we stop attacking each other and talk about wrestling.

If you have a claim, back it up with facts and information, and if you have an opinion, make sure you're able to respect another person's opinion.

This thread used to be a wealth of information, but has turned into petty bullshit. So, in short, stop.

Sincerely,

Everyone.

Get your facts straight ..all Snyder had to do was major Nevills and the match would have been a tie and OSU wins on criteria..final score was 19-18 one more point as in a major and it’s a tie which OSU would have won....what match were you watching that nightlol
Hey dumbbell, next time you attempt to correct or humiliate another poster, have a clue what youre talking about.. Clown

Next time you don’t realize I’m stirring our PSU trolls up feel free to talk dumbass...

I think Kenwood just admitted to having a second screen name, maybe for the sole purpose of stirring up PSU fans.

Imagine he is also JohnnyHandsome and he is arguing with himself.
I had written a post last night to the effect of, "Now all we need is for Kenwood and Harley to have an argument with each other to "prove" that they're not the same guy." I mean, if you can't keep track of two usernames, maybe you don't know that you're arguing with yourself, either.

He has at least two: Kenwood and harley1
Lmao ...wow you guys simply have nothing else to talk about ..shame on me for defending JVB and the rest of our team from the crap Matter was saying on the PSU forum .....calling our team and JVB dirty for what happened to Nolf and others for the clubbing so when I got booted for defending us ...I assumed I could not post here either ..so I got a second account ....so what!!!......you guys allowed Matter to stay here bashing RU forever before doing something about it ..the name calling wasn’t me and I listened and said nothing so you wanna bash me feel free ..I didn’t like what was being said about us and did the best I could to defend us but unlike here where trolls from PSU are allowed to stay I got booted ..enough said

Lmao ...wow you guys simply have nothing else to talk about ..shame on me for defending JVB and the rest of our team from the crap Matter was saying on the PSU forum .....calling our team and JVB dirty for what happened to Nolf and others for the clubbing so when I got booted for defending us ...I assumed I could not post here either ..so I got a second account ....so what!!!......you guys allowed Matter to stay here bashing RU forever before doing something about it ..the name calling wasn’t me and I listened and said nothing so you wanna bash me feel free ..I didn’t like what was being said about us and did the best I could to defend us but unlike here where trolls from PSU are allowed to stay I got booted ..enough said

Ok.. So what do u want a cookie? :boxing::boxing::boxing: lol... dude relax... Not really following your conversations.. But let it go... RU wrestling just had a very, very nice final weekend to the regular season... Get NS back for B1G's fully healthy, while everyone else looks to be peaking... If we can come out at B1G's the way we wrestled this past weekend, I can see 8 going to the Dance.. maybe, just maybe 9... I know 7 is most realistic.. Have HS regionals in the meantime.. Lets focus on that!!!

Yes but I have 0 inside info.
I have absolutely 0 inside info, but you have to be naive if you're not concerned. 17 days for the flu doesn't happen. If it's an infection, just hope it was the right antibiotics and it was early enough.

I have absolutely 0 inside info, but you have to be naive if you're not concerned. 17 days for the flu doesn't happen. If it's an infection, just hope it was the right antibiotics and it was early enough.

It's not just recovering from the flu and strep... It's being able to get back on the mat and have a few practices under his belt before competing again... Getting his weight under control...etc...

The flu can easily hit you for two weeks and wipe you out. Then another week to get back in shape. 3 weeks.

Reactions: Leonard23
It's not just recovering from the flu and strep... It's being able to get back on the mat and have a few practices under his belt before competing again... Getting his weight under control...etc...
Maybe a different kind of infection then you mentioned??????

Whatever he's got, you definitely don't want to bring him back early and having him roll around on the mats and get everybody else infected. He can shake off the rust during the postseason.

Only real negative was ... was our 125 a redshirt before filling in for Suriano? I've lost track.

Whatever he's got, you definitely don't want to bring him back early and having him roll around on the mats and get everybody else infected. He can shake off the rust during the postseason.

Only real negative was ... was our 125 a redshirt before filling in for Suriano? I've lost track.

Yes ... Metzler's redshirt was burned. Suck it happend, but at least we are getting a preview of out future 125 or 133 lber. I guess it all depends on where Suriano decides to go next season.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Yes ... Metzler's redshirt was burned. Suck it happend, but at least we are getting a preview of out future 125 or 133 lber. I guess it all depends on where Suriano decides to go next season.
Have to say I was very impressed with what I saw from Metzler in the Wisconsin/Princeton matches. A full summer of S&C and he could battle Firestone at 133 next year or start at 125 should Suriano decide to move up.

I wonder what our plans for 197 will be for next season. Lightner needs to RS IMO especially after a season ending injury in his senior year of HS. I know Goodale will have a plan of attack though, whether it's getting a transfer or JUCO at 197 or even bulking up someone like Pagano who has the frame to do so.

I wonder what our plans for 197 will be for next season. Lightner needs to RS IMO especially after a season ending injury in his senior year of HS. I know Goodale will have a plan of attack though, whether it's getting a transfer or JUCO at 197 or even bulking up someone like Pagano who has the frame to do so.

I asked that very same question in another thread. It'll be interesting to see what our plan is ...

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-plan-for-197.140016/

Reactions: dbtks34
It's a little alarming that the redshirt was burned at that point of the season. But if he's going to be at same weight as Suriano, he can always redshirt later.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Is Metzler on scholarship? We also have Aguilar coming in at 125 who I would bet is getting some scholarship money.

I don’t think it is appropriate to discuss an athlete’s medical condition. Can we respect someone’s privacy. Please.
Would not be surprised if next year’s 197lb guy is redshirting this year.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
I don’t think it is appropriate to discuss an athlete’s medical condition. Can we respect someone’s privacy. Please.
Sorry for probing. Agree. The question is the severity and will it prohibit further competition this year.

I'm confused? Who do we have that's redshirting at 197lbs.? You can't possibly think it's Correnti. He just spent the whole year getting ready for heavyweight next year.

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
I'm confused? Who do we have that's redshirting at 197lbs.? You can't possibly think it's Correnti. He just spent the whole year getting ready for heavyweight next year.
Pretty sure he means Correnti, I know the thought crossed my mind. Yes he spent the year getting ready for 285 but situations change.

Seriously? As an athlete you understand that an illness or injury that prevents you from competing during the season is the subject of public inquiry. This kid is a scholarship athlete, the #1 ranked kid at his weight, the favorite to win a national championship, and is unable to wrestle for the last two weeks, that is a legitimate subject for a sports board. I am not saying he is compelled to release his medical information above what is required by the NCAA, but that does not mean fans are being nosy and/or out of bounds for wanting to know details about the medical reasons for his absence.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Anthony Cassar on another thread post I believe said he was told by Cael that he would try out with Shakur for “data points” but would wrestle in the NCAAs. Well Shakur beat him by a point I believe and Cael said Shakur would wrestle in Bigs and then NCAAs. Cassar is devastated and loves it at PSU. He has Shakur to beat again next year. Good luck! He is not a scholly kid either. A world champion kid and can’t make the lineup.

Anthony Cassar on another thread post I believe said he was told by Cael that he would try out with Shakur for “data points” but would wrestle in the NCAAs. Well Shakur beat him by a point I believe and Cael said Shakur would wrestle in Bigs and then NCAAs. Cassar is devastated and loves it at PSU. He has Shakur to beat again next year. Good luck! He is not a scholly kid either. A world champion kid and can’t make the lineup.
That sucks for Cassar. I guess he can look forward to a few matches a year during the regular season. I doubt he'll ever wrestle in the B1G's or NCCA's in his time there. Awesome depth guy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT