ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it Me or does marinelli seem HUGE for 165.
VJ had the win in the bag, but tried for a big throw and got him with a 6 point move.
Will be interesting to see them next time they match up (If they do).

How are the top 3 in B10 ranked?
1 IMAR
2) Marinelli
3) VJ

Edited

Is it Me or does marinelli seem HUGE for 165.
VJ had the win in the bag, but tried for a big throw and got him with a 6 point move.
Will be interesting to see them next time they match up (If they do).

How are the top 3 in B10 ranked?
1 IMAR
2) Marinelli
3) VJ

Edited
Correct on the top 3 ranking.

Marinelli takes out Joseph 9-6. Iowa up 13-9 going into 174 match.
Yep been saying all year long the bull is for real when ppl were panicking when RL lost to him.. now RL just took out Minn guy.. he will be in the thick of it for AA

Minny just squeaked by Maryland 26-22. Minny got a bunch of pins as it was 5-5 in bouts, Diehl pinned Thorn with a Peterson

Minny just squeaked by Maryland 26-22. Minny got a bunch of pins as it was 5-5 in bouts, Diehl pinned Thorn with a Peterson
Such a shame we were not at full strength for that match. Nick and Ashnault would have been nice this year. Hopefully Anthony gets a 6th year. Plus I think Gravina will be back

McKenna 6-2 over Profaci. 2 Jersey boys. OSU 8-3 over Michigan. Hates/Amine up next at 149

PSU takes out Iowa 28-13

125- Lee by fall in 1st
133 Keener 5-2
141 Lee takes out Turk 12-8
149- Zain wins 6-2 over Sorensen
157- Kemerer wins 14-4 over Pipher
165- Marinelli wins over Joseph 9-6
174- Hall 1st period pin
184- Nickal quick pin
197- Rasheed dominates Wilcke 11-2
Hwt- Nevills wins 3-2 over Stoll
Gotta be kidding me... Cassar takes out #1 and doesn't get start here.. Rasheed gets start and only majors #8 wrestler... what a battle they got at 197...wow and once mccutcheon comes off injury too... yikes

Reactions: brentx35
Martin held on to hold off TD attempt by Abounader to win 5-3. OSU back on top 14-12. Great match

Coon beats Snyder ! 2nd big bout in a row that Snyder couldn't pull out the team win. Size difference starting to take it's toll.

Last edited:
Reactions: brentx35
Coon beats Snyder ! 2nd big bout in a row that Snyder couldn't pull out the win. Size difference starting to take it's toll.
It's Snyder's 1st loss in like 3 yrs, so I'm not sure what you're talking about him losing 2 in a row.

It's Snyder's 1st loss in like 3 yrs, so I'm not sure what you're talking about him losing 2 in a row.

Read my post again, didn't say he 'lost 2 in a row, Not that he 'lost ' 2 in a row, he couldn't pull out the win 2 x in a row, eg. he couldn't get the TF against Nevills last week, which cost OSU the match.
Both Nevills and Coon much bigger than Snyder, and the weight diff showed up in both matches. He tired noticeably in both matches by the 3rd.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Read my post again, didn't say he 'lost 2 in a row, Not that he 'lost ' 2 in a row, he couldn't pull out the win 2 x in a row, eg. he couldn't get the TF against Nevills last week, which cost OSU the match.
Both Nevills and Coon much bigger than Snyder, and the weight diff showed up in both matches. He tired noticeably in both matches by the 3rd.
Very poorly worded, as he won against PSU.

His team won vs Michigan tho lol

Geez, what matches did you watch?

Snyder needed a 13pt major or better for tOSU to beat Penn St. Contrary to your post, Snyder won the match against Nevilles, team lost the dual.

Yesterday, Snyder didnt fail to pull out the win for tOSU.. the team won but Snyder lost his match..

Reactions: rubigtimenow
The Big 10 Tourney is going to be awesome at almost every weight class. 125 probably the most exciting for RU , followed by 165 with Lewis banging heads against Joseph, Marinelli IMart and Wanzek . At 184 can Gravina make the podium (is the podium for Big 10s 1-3 or more??). And of course Snyder vs Coon round 2. As well as Bo Nickal vs Myles Martin again. Guessing Coon will be top seed.
Hoping Del Vecchio can get back to his top form as well. Deluca always exciting to watch at 149, as well as JVB at 157.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
He didn’t need a TF against PSU ..all he had to do was major and OSU wins on criteria ....

Geez, what matches did you watch?

Snyder needed a 13pt major or better for tOSU to beat Penn St. Contrary to your post, Snyder won the match against Nevilles, team lost the dual.

Yesterday, Snyder didnt fail to pull out the win for tOSU.. the team won but Snyder lost his match..
Get your facts straight ..all Snyder had to do was major Nevills and the match would have been a tie and OSU wins on criteria..final score was 19-18 one more point as in a major and it’s a tie which OSU would have won....what match were you watching that nightlol

Get your facts straight ..all Snyder had to do was major Nevills and the match would have been a tie and OSU wins on criteria..final score was 19-18 one more point as in a major and it’s a tie which OSU would have won....what match were you watching that nightlol

Harleyr1, you are wrong, a major would have tied the match, but Snyder needed to win by 13, then the match would have been tied and OSU would have won by criteria. If he majored and won by 8-12 Penn State would have won by criteria.

Reactions: obrats
Harleyr1, you are wrong, a major would have tied the match, but Snyder needed to win by 13, then the match would have been tied and OSU would have won by criteria. If he majored and won by 8-12 Penn State would have won by criteria.
Just a little further clarification. If Snyder won by 12, then third criteria would have been tied. Fourth criteria is greatest number of points scored by nearfall, which PSU also would have won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT