ADVERTISEMENT

You knew it was coming

RUClassof67

All American
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2004
Latest Charlie Creme Bracketology has us as an 8 seed in the Albany Region playing 9 seed Creighton in the first round in Storrs CT followed by a game against the winner of the 1-16 game. Guess who?

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

He has 7 B1G teams in with the highest seed going to Maryland at a 4. OSU gets a 5 seed. We are the 3rd highest seed B1G team(along with Iowa) at 8. Purdue, Minnesota and Michigan get a 10. Surprising Nebraska doesn’t get in.

Last edited:
Latest Charlie Creme Bracketology has us as an 8 seed in the Albany Region playing 9 seed Creighton in the first round in Storrs CT followed by a game against the winner of the 1-16 game. Guess who?

He has 7 B1G teams in with the highest seed going to Maryland at a 4. OSU gets a 5 seed. We are the 3rd highest seed B1G team(along with Iowa) at 8. Purdue, Minnesota and Michigan get a 10. Surprising Nebraska doesn’t get in.
I saw that. But I also saw that a week or so ago, we were a 7 and STILL in the Albany bracket. If we go in as an 8th seed, I hope we're NOT in that bracket.

The team/staff only has itself to blame for an 8 or 9 seed not sure why anyone would expet different. That PU (that game, literally lol...), Penn State, Nebraska, IU stretch was a disaster. Now...beat Iowa and NW, and DO NOT flop in Round 1 of the B1G's, and work up the ladder (possibly) to a better seed! Might gotta win 2 there to do so?

The team/staff only has itself to blame for an 8 or 9 seed not sure why anyone would expet different. That PU (that game, literally lol...), Penn State, Nebraska, IU stretch was a disaster. Now...beat Iowa and NW, and DO NOT flop in Round 1 of the B1G's, and work up the ladder (possibly) to a better seed! Might gotta win 2 there to do so?
Wasn’t looking to place blame. Just commenting on how things always seem to work out this way.

bingo....this team has a 95% chance of playing UConn...its pretty much locked in as a 8/9 given the poor finish unless they run the table and win the Big 10 tourney which is quite unlikely and has no one to blame but themselves.

I won't worry about what bracket RU will be in, just glad they're in one.
That said: is Creme's bracket predictions infallible or just an educated guess with lots of research put in that guess?

As for whose fault being in the same bracket as UConn
is, you can find fault with every school in that bracket if you want to make an issue of it.
Looking to blame something on usually is easier than finding reasons to enjoy the same thing.

Last edited:
I won't woory about what bracket RU will be in, just glad theyre in ome.
That said: is Creme's bracket predictions infallible or just an educated gues with lots of research put in that guess?

As for whose fault being in the same bracket as UConn
is, you can find fault with every school in that bracket if you want to make an issue of it.
Looking to blame something on usually is easier than finding reasons to enjoy the same thing.
His bracket predictions are fairly decent on whose in - but not necessarily better than BeK or other folks that put effort into it.
As to where teams go, in the end he isn't great - but a lot of folks are worse.

As for being in the same bracket as UConn - it isn't inevitable, but as an 8/9 we are in their geographic area - who else is anywhere close? And if we were in the top 4 seeds (I know we are not) it would almost be a certainty, because that is done with an ever stronger geographic component - and again, who else in the NE is dancing?

Reactions: MADHAT1
Rutgers fans should be happy with a NCAA bid and the opportunity to win a game prior to meeting UConn.Any team in the tournament will be a big underdog against UConn with the only question being where and when they play .

Might as well take on the colossus that is UConn. Playing them you truly have nothing to lose. A respectable loss would be considered an accomplishment.

Who wouldn’t like to see CVS and Geno go at it one more time?

Reactions: MADHAT1
Please god I hope by some miracle we get put in the Kansas City region ... great BBQ and far far away from UConn ... those fans can start buying their tix in upstate NY

bingo....this team has a 95% chance of playing UConn...its pretty much locked in as a 8/9 given the poor finish unless they run the table and win the Big 10 tourney which is quite unlikely and has no one to blame but themselves.
Not after the Iowa game ... hello NIT!

Reactions: bac2therac
Not after the Iowa game ... hello NIT!
Agree unless RU beats Northwestern at their house and gets past the first B1G T game.
If RU beats Northwestern and RU wins their first B1G T game , CVS will have 999 and the selection committee might want togive her a chance to get 1000 in the NCAAs
That would be great PR for the women's tourney.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Agree unless RU beats Northwestern at their house and gets past the first B1G T game.
If RU beats Northwestern and RU wins their first B1G T game , CVS will have 999 and the selection committee might want togive her a chance to get 1000 in the NCAAs
I
CVS is currently at 996. A win at Northwestern and one in the B1G is only 998. Even a win in the 1st round of NCAA means we face a top seed in 2nd round with 999 wins. Not sure that factors into the Selection Committee’s thinking.

Tim Eatman in the post game interview said that he hoped that Tyler and the other seniors had played their last game at the RAC. The implication is that if we don’t make the NCAA tournament we might be playing some WNIT games at home.

I

CVS is currently at 996. A win at Northwestern and one in the B1G is only 998. Even a win in the 1st round of NCAA means we face a top seed in 2nd round with 999 wins. Not sure that factors into the Selection Committee’s thinking.

Tim Eatman in the post game interview said that he hoped that Tyler and the other seniors had played their last game at the RAC. The implication is that if we don’t make the NCAA tournament we might be playing some WNIT games at home.

Freaking karma says we do just that...she'll be at 999 and facing the enemy from just north to get to 1000....and Geno can halt that and force it to next year.
If that is the scenario I would rather go NIT and give her legit shot to get it this year.

I'll take winning 3 then getting #1000 first round..then we can face the dogs.

...so much for that. :weary:

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT