ADVERTISEMENT

Zavier Simpson

It’ll be a good win, absolutely, but an “A”?? Nah.

It is absolutely, unequivocally a Quad 1 win. Would be our 2nd or 3rd most impressive win of the year should we get it.

People are wildly underestimating the difficulty of playing UM at MSG. I am a bit surprised. Michigan at a neutral site is harder than both NU games, Minny, Wisconsin and Indiana at home and (IMO) more difficult than PSU at home too. I think Purdue was our 2nd most impressive win thus far.

Last edited:
I hope y’all have watched Pike’s pregame presser yesterday....this yet another big test and another chance to achieve a first: Beat Michigan. And I’m that video I finally caught a definitive glimpse of his chip-on-shoulder attitude he’s used to motivate the team. Pay attention at the 5.50 mark and especially around 6.05ish: “that’s where they picked us and that’s what they thought of our roster...”

Reactions: Scarlet83
This game will not be easy by any means. We will have to grind it out and hopefully get a win. I know one thing, my son and I will be cheering loudly for RU. Here is hoping we can keep up the momentum

It is absolutely, unequivocally a Quad 1 win. Would be our 2nd or 3rd most impressive win of the year should we get it.

People are wildly underestimating the difficulty of playing UM at MSG. I am a bit surprised. Michigan at a neutral site is harder than both NU games, Minny, Wisconsin and Indiana at home and (IMO) more difficult than PSU at home too. I think Purdue was our 2nd most impressive win thus far.

“the difficulty of playing UM at MSG”...I’m not UNDERESTIMATING them at all, never said this et oils be an easy game, BUT I think you may be overestimating things just a tad. The crowd is likely to be heavy-RU my friend,

Reactions: Vassar69
“the difficulty of playing UM at MSG”...I’m not UNDERESTIMATING them at all, never said this et oils be an easy game, BUT I think you may be overestimating things just a tad. The crowd is likely to be heavy-RU my friend,
Exactly

Yeah I get that. But it’s still just a neutral court game, just down the road from Rutgers campus. Against a fading team that’s down one of its best players. I mean it’s better to win than lose, but this game isn’t going to answer the question of whether Rutgers is more than a team who knows how to win on their home court.

Which Vegas has as a toss-up. You are down playing Michigan far too much.

UM a good team. If they aren’t shooting lights out and don’t have livers I like our chances. Our defense travels and this is barely a travel scenario.

Not disagreeing that it may be considered one of our more impressive wins but it is not a Quad 1 win, unfortunately. Michigan's RPI is 61. Neutral site wins for Quad 1 are vs teams with an RPI between 1-50.

Or Vegas is also thinking this is going to be a “home” game for them...or that most of the nation is thinking that.

Even so, home advantage usually only grants around 3 points - so just a one possession game expected. Michigan may be limping right now, but they've still got a lot of weapons and size, so I don't get understand why they're being taken lightly heading into today.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Not disagreeing that it may be considered one of our more impressive wins but it is not a Quad 1 win, unfortunately. Michigan's RPI is 61. Neutral site wins for Quad 1 are vs teams with an RPI between 1-50.
Net not RPI. Michigan is 34.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Sorry I’m not trying to be ignorant. I’m just being realistic. A win is a win, but people keep acting like THIS is the one that will launch Rutgers to a 4 seed

Just stop what you are doing.

No, people are acting like this would be another B1G win, and against a team that we are 0-10 since being in the B1G. 0-10! Michigan has lots of very good players. We are acting like we really freakin want to beat them. And go 8-3 in the B1G.

Even so, home advantage usually only grants around 3 points - so just a one possession game expected. Michigan may be limping right now, but they've still got a lot of weapons and size, so I don't get understand why they're being taken lightly heading into today.

I don’t no anyone taking them “lightly,” even among the most hardcore fans, to be honest. I THINK maybe prior to Simpson being reinstated yesterday, some of us felt “comfortable” with today. Obviously Howard felt the opposite hence the quick reinstatement lol! I still think we win regardless.

Reactions: RutgHoops

Its a quad 1 win as long as they stay in top 50

Reactions: RutgHoops
Yeah I get that. But it’s still just a neutral court game, just down the road from Rutgers campus. Against a fading team that’s down one of its best players. I mean it’s better to win than lose, but this game isn’t going to answer the question of whether Rutgers is more than a team who knows how to win on their home court.

Its a win away from home that Rutgers needs. Your post here are odd

Reactions: RUHouston
Vegas has this game almost dead even...... it could go any number of ways, some with us losing....... I would like to jump on them early like we have done to a couple of other teams , and have them play from behind... that situation would work favorably all through out the game, even if they closed the gap late, I would like our chances

I would be happy with any type of win, this is not the same as the Nebraska home game where fans just expected an easy win

It can and should be a dog fight

I don’t no anyone taking them “lightly,” even among the most hardcore fans, to be honest. I THINK maybe prior to Simpson being reinstated yesterday, some of us felt “comfortable” with today. Obviously Howard felt the opposite hence the quick reinstatement lol! I still think we win regardless.

Was specifically talking about Vassar, whose posts are, as you say, odd.

Its a win away from home that Rutgers needs. Your post here are odd

Agree. 22 posts total in a year and this is the hill he/she chooses to die on. All while defeating their own arguments:

1- a win here does prove that we can win a game away from the RAC
2- a win here can launch us into the conversation for a #4 seed

I'm not saying the result of one game guarantees these things, but it certainly would support the idea that we will be competitive and have a chance to win every one of our remaining games. Lose this game and the questions remain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT