ADVERTISEMENT

Zippy lands....

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Way south with those nasty Gators.

Given Covid year and distance from home, I can see her wanting to be closer to home.

Me too... Covid protocols made the season much more stressful for many college athletes, probably leading to more players being unhappy and more players considering the transfer portal this year.

Zippy isn't exactly in her own backyard now, with Gainesville being about a 6 hour drive from her home in Alabama, but it's obviously closer (and warmer) than New Brunswick... Playing at Florida and in the SEC, as opposed to playing at RU, will give her friends and family more opportunities to see her games in person due to most of Florida's games being anywhere from 1 to 6 hours driving time from her home town..

Last edited:
buh bye..another one who was a bust here

I disagree. She was not quite as advertised her first two years (though she was managing injuries) but she was showing a real break through at the beginning of the year before she, again, got injured. She would have likely been our starting PG next year and a core part of the team.

Well, Davenport has also been disappointing at Georgia.

I think it's hard to say a player is "disappointing" after just a freshmen year--particularly because RU has had a ton of players recently get better of their years here, including Jordan Wallace and Tyia Singleton.

It would have been interesting to see how Davenport could have improved over a few more years at RU. She certainly would have gotten the playing time this past year.

Reactions: TRU2RU and RUcrazee
Well, Davenport has also been disappointing at Georgia.

I think it's hard to say a player is "disappointing" after just a freshmen year--particularly because RU has had a ton of players recently get better of their years here, including Jordan Wallace and Tyia Singleton.

It would have been interesting to see how Davenport could have improved over a few more years at RU. She certainly would have gotten the playing time this past year.
Yes, I agree 100%. Just from what we saw of Davenport here at RU, I really believe that she was a kid who needs time to mature as a player and young lady. She seemed like a sweet, innocent kid who may not have been ready for the whole NJ(Northeast region) vibe. Its a totally different environment that I think she had problems getting used to. Georgia is better for her in that way, but basketball wise,.......She would have been better off staying here. She was needed in the post this year.

The more time she gets on the floor, the quicker she develops into what was expected of her out of HS. Georgia is loaded in the post and she may be buried on the bench. Stati is coming back and a more polished freshman(Hollingshead) is coming in. And there are two others who back up Stati before Davenport.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT