ADVERTISEMENT

Zippy?

Rella 0 for 5. Ugh

What is going on with this team? They look like hot garbage. Is there something going on that I don't know about? At first I wondered if it's Zippy's absence, but can that account for the numerous airballs and missed open shots? And Arella hasn't looked herself the past two games. This is a real head scratcher.

They absolutely run no offense the stand around and give it to Arella who just goes one on one and she is 1-9 so you are not going to score if she’s not scoring and they just force so many shots. Pretty sure we don’t have 1 3 pointer in the half

Reactions: motorb54
Plus they gave up so many layups uncontested. Where is CVS’ vaunted defense? Rella 1 for 11 and 4 points for the half. Headed for a WTF game in the L column.

The Nebraska announcer speaks as if every play is the greatest play ever seen in any sport.

Ugly game.
These are the games that make it hard to watch the women's game.

Reactions: richthedentist
Nebraska is 0 for 10 from 3 and 33% from the field. This is the blind leading the blind.

What is going on with this team? They look like hot garbage. Is there something going on that I don't know about? At first I wondered if it's Zippy's absence, but can that account for the numerous airballs and missed open shots? And Arella hasn't looked herself the past two games. This is a real head scratcher.
Kev
i just think this is one of those games where everything converges. A tough loss at Iowa. Two trips back to the Midwest in 4 days. An opponent you should beat easily. Point guard missing. Your best player misses her first 8 shots (expecting foul calls which didn’t come). I’d be surprised if they don’t come out a lot stronger in 2nd half.

Kev
i just think this is one of those games where everything converges. A tough loss at Iowa. Two trips back to the Midwest in 4 days. An opponent you should beat easily. Point guard missing. Your best player misses her first 8 shots (expecting foul calls which didn’t come). I’d be surprised if they don’t come out a lot stronger in 2nd half.

I hope you're right, JB. I can't imagine RU won't come out of the locker room with some fire.

By the way, this play by play announcer should calm down a bit. I think he’s working on a stroke.

This is atrocious. Gilles misses 2 layups. Almost unwatchable. This team won’t make the NCAAs

By the way, this play by play announcer should calm down a bit. I think he’s working on a stroke.

His calls are not matching the actual play on the court. I've never heard someone get so excited about a ball that bounces on the rim and goes in. Sheesh. You'd have thought she dunked it.

Reactions: RUClassof67
Please stop with this.

Welllllll... This team might make it, but this level of play? Not so much. They need to separate themselves from whatever is holding them back ASAP. What kills me is the color guy giving all the credit to Nebraska's defense when we all know that's not it.

Once again worst end of game management ever. Should of taken time out and had team take last shot of the game.

This is the old Rutgers Women's offense.
My eighth grade team ran more offensive sets than we saw today from our Hall of Fame coach.
Guarantes was having an awful day but the O remained give her the ball and see if she can do something. Half her shots were forced. She couldn't hit her open shots. Not much chance she was going to hit challenged ones. Two players were usually not part of any set.
Someone set a pick then see if Guarantes can do something. You other two stay out of the way.
This loss is on the coaching.

Reactions: Local Shill
This is the old Rutgers Women's offense.
My eighth grade team ran more offensive sets than we saw today from our Hall of Fame coach.
Guarantes was having an awful day but the O remained give her the ball and see if she can do something. Half her shots were forced. She couldn't hit her open shots. Not much chance she was going to hit challenged ones. Two players were usually not part of any set.
Someone set a pick then see if Guarantes can do something. You other two stay out of the way.
This loss is on the coaching.
She’s paid like the coach of a top 5 program for again having (on a good day) a borderline top 25 program.

How many times can we keep rewarding her for the same long-ago accomplishments?

Reactions: bac2therac
She’s paid like the coach of a top 5 program for again having (on a good day) a borderline top 25 program.

agreed 100% there is absolutely no offense run other than give it to Arella and watch her try and do something again a top recruiting class and Diamond is very good but there is no contribution from any other freshman but how many times are we going to see this with the coaching!!

Our gig girls are non existent and you won’t go anywhere without that present. Rella is slow and just put her head down to drive and everyone knows what is happening.I love Rella but I know people will call me names but I think she is too slow to make it in the pros. Just my opinion and I will eat crow 5 years from now if wrong.

Seasons young, bad things happen early at times.
Don't count out this team from being able to learn from games like this, improving as the season progresses, and finish up the season on a strong note.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
lets face it, this program has been in a decline ever since the final 4 year. Does not matter whether there is talent or no talent, excuse always the same. This program isnt anywhere close to CVS glory days or even Grentz glory days, and it isnt coming back until changes are made

the excuse the shills who are actually left..note not many people even care about this program anymore...worked for the first 5 or 6 seasons that CVS deserves to get paid for what she did but 12-13 years from a final 4 appearance and mediocrity since sorry folks here can no longer with a straight face use those excuses

Reactions: Local Shill
My concern is the girls in this freshmen class except Diamond are all top 50 high school athletes and have been non existent as contributors. That is very telling and disturbing.

My concern is the girls in this freshmen class except Diamond are all top 50 high school athletes and have been non existent as contributors. That is very telling and disturbing.
This is how it has been for a long time we get supposed top recruits but they do nothing here. Its been time to clean house for a long time

Usually 1 of 2 reasons for this:

- overrated prospects or

- lack of development within the program

...As this seems to be the case seemingly often since the Final 4, with these heralded classes she brings in, sorry but I’m going with the latter.

the excuse the shills who are actually left..note not many people even care about this program anymore...worked for the first 5 or 6 seasons that CVS deserves to get paid for what she did but 12-13 years from a final 4 appearance and mediocrity since sorry folks here can no longer with a straight face use those excuses
Bac to your old self it seems.
Doom and gloom along with Stringer bashes.
Last year the WBB program proved to be on the upswing, now after 2 bad games you act like the program is terrible and the HC must go
12-13 years ago the program wasn't good enough for some people no matter how competitive it was and the same HC you're bashing now was being bashed even though she was running one of the top programs in the nation..
As for mediocrity , WBB for the longest time was the only RU basketball program that could be counted on to have a winning season.
But the same RU Fans that made excuses for a losing MBB team found fault with a winning WBB team even though both had the same support problem.

Bac you been busting the WBB programs chops for years and claiming it has been bad, even when it had winning record.
>"12-13 years from a final 4 appearance and mediocrity since"<
record for last 12 years (look it up) 242-157
But only 6 NCAA Tourneys ( 7 if last year had one)
2 WNIT ( One won Championship)
One losing season in those 12 years.
Rutgers WBB program would have been as bad as the RU MBB program was without Stringer leading them.

RUWBB hasen't been an elite program for the last 12 years for the same reason the Men's program was a losing one and considered 2001 to 2006 it's last glory years, even those 5 years wound up 79-75 with 3 NIT bids.
You and other RUMBB fans have said Gary Waters should never have been let go, but have the unmitigated gall to call for CVS' head .
Mike Rice was called a good HC ( forget about the reason fired) , even though he was 44-51 as RU's MBB HC
Yet CVS is a loser to you.:chairshot:

Face it bac, you want her gone and jump on any and every opportunity to imply the program is a loser under her direction, while overlooking the MBB problems for years.
That you blamed on the support the MBB program was receiving while the WBB problems were all Vivian's fault.

CVS earned the salary she is receiving, SHE had taken a cut in pay while still being the face of RU WBB and one of the people that made RU Sports look better then the way it sports programs were supported .by RU.

Last edited:
Without significant contributions from the big freshmen, Singleton, Mack and Gilles, we are going nowhere with just Diamond and Rella. With Zippy out that is the nail in our coffin.

I don’t know if the answer is a new head coach but if a top 5 recruiting freshmen class in the country only has 1 starter and member contributing, something ain’t working

Usually 1 of 2 reasons for this:

- overrated prospects or

- lack of development within the program

...As this seems to be the case seemingly often since the Final 4, with these heralded classes she brings in, sorry but I’m going with the latter.
Another basher comes out of the woodwork.
Yes I know you don't bash all the time, just as often as possible and complement the program only when there's no way you can get out of it.
Lat year the program shown signs of being a good one again, this season is too young to write off like you're implying.
The years after the final 4 were not great ones but Vivian only had 1 losing season since going to the final 4 and bashers like you try to make all years after the final 4 appearance look like losing years..
The recruits you're bashing CVS about came because of her , not what the RU WBB had to offer when it came to facilities .

What concerns me about the bigs is that we were outrebounded 47-34 today. Can’t win with those numbers. We are now 1-3 in Big Ten. Bad sign

Reactions: LtCol144
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT