ADVERTISEMENT

“Has a coach ever been more important to a school than Greg Schiano is to Rutgers?”

Good article. I think that most here would probably agree with the basic points. It goes back to the start of "bigger time" sports at RU in the early 1970s, though its focus is on football. He mentions each coach along the way, starting with Frank Burns, and described the hiring of Terry Shea and Chris Ash as the disasters they were at RU. Gruninger was not specifically mentioned, IIRC (I read this several hours earlier).

Thanks for posting.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Fred Gruninger—how many tens of millions of dollars did he cost us with horrible decision after horrible decision. I don’t know who he knew to steal a paycheck for that many decades and do the horrific job he did. No other major university athletic department would have tolerated his performance here. It was sickening to see him sitting in The RAC decade after decade.

Reactions: Knight Shift
sure schiano is up there

Osborne
Snyder
Schnellenberger
Bowden
Schembechler
Woody
Paterno (the cult is alive and well).
Dabo

Fred Gruninger—how many tens of millions of dollars did he cost us with horrible decision after horrible decision. I don’t know who he knew to steal a paycheck for that many decades and do the horrific job he did. No other major university athletic department would have tolerated his performance here. It was sickening to see him sitting in The RAC decade after decade.
Wow don’t tell this to @WhiteBus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT