ADVERTISEMENT

1/31 Tri (Purdue & Minn) Predictions & Discussion

For Big 10+ viewers, the Tri-Meet is on Mat 1 and the other matches on Mat 2. Grello is coming up soon on Mat 2.

Last edited:
On the extra matches, some observations - Aragona is 149 which was expected. O'Neill is going 165. It would be great if he could be the answer at 165 which, as many have pointed out, has been an enigma for RU the past few years.

Also, both Grello and Turley have extra matches listed at 174. I wonder if they will split matches in the actual Tri-Meet?
Might be an open competition at 174 as Grello has been maddeningly inconsistent for a senior.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Grello injury defaults after getting knocked in the head.

Grello gets head-butted in the first and has to injury default. The trainer looked at him and stopped the match. I hope he is ok, but we may see Turley in the Tri matches.

Grello injury defaults two minutes in. Accidental head butt. He looked fine and he walked off under his own power about 90 seconds after it happened. Guessing it was precautionary but that was certainly strange.

You don’t believe this fool do you ..this guy is doing exactly what RUCreedo did ..call kids out ..making it personal with his rhetoric ..next thing you know he will be asking a kids parent to meet him in parking lot like he did last year ..even tho he wasn’t even in same state ...no idea why admins even allow him here ..he brings nothing to this forum ...

What RUCrackers said and the way he said it aside, what I find most disturbing in the forum is the way some react to those that don't follow the party line. Name-calling and profanity do not make for the most intelligent of counter-arguments. I don't think criticism should be personal or insulting to any wrestler but should be open for civil discussion based on fact and data. Opinions, on the other hand, are just that and everyone has one; they shouldn't have to be the same in order to avoid attack.

RUCrackers could have delivered his message more tactfully but his appraisal of Colucci isn't far off. Boone may offer greater potential but from what I saw from him wrestling freestyle some weeks back, he was out of sheep. Hopefully he's been working on that.

Kyonte was a great 220 guy but gassed after putting on weight and wrestling heavyweight. He'll have to increase strength along with weight and I hope football gets him in good shape. I think he'll be better than a 50/50 guy and much better if he transitions to heavyweight properly.

Oh stop. Did you not read the forum the last two matches? No one is overrating Collucci or pretending he’s a stud. We’ve all pretty much acknowledged that he’s a low action guy who will beat most guys he’s supposed to and lose to guys he’s supposed to. I think where most of us draw the line is somewhere in between “McDermott might be the better option” and “Collucci collects dust particles off the mat with his face”

Oh stop. Did you not read the forum the last two matches? No one is overrating Collucci or pretending he’s a stud. We’ve all pretty much acknowledged that he’s a low action guy who will beat most guys he’s supposed to and lose to guys he’s supposed to. I think where most of us draw the line is somewhere in between “McDermott might be the better option” and “Collucci collects dust particles off the mat with his face”
Stop what?

This delay shows how important exhibition matches are....
I noticed that skillings has a match against Turley as well.

Well that was quick and awful luck. O'neill got to the high crotch but couldn't finish, ended up in a terrible position, and got pinned...ugh

Last edited:
Reactions: Clearscreen25
That was a quick loss but that whole sequence seemed pretty flukey

That was a quick loss but that whole sequence seemed pretty flukey

Agreed.

My biggest takeaway was that he was extremely aggressive as he basically shot immediately after the whistle. I'm always happy to see that as oppossed to the Grello match where basically neither guy attempted anything in the 2 minutes before the injury default.

Grello’s injury default made official. Guess he has a concussion and we will see Turley in the starting lineup now
I guess they'll now cancel Turley's exhibition match if that is in fact the case. Don't think we really want him wrestling 3 matches in a 4 hr. period this early in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT