ADVERTISEMENT

11th Anniversary of Tyler being cancer free

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
This date is indelibly imprinted in my mind, an anniversary I mark every single year. 11 years ago Tyler completed his last chemo cycle and was declared cancer free. Because of all the support we received back in 2012 from this board and others in the Rutgers community, I always want to share this with those here. Still cancer free - had a check up at Sloan Kettering Jan-Feb this year as he transitioned over from pediatric to adult after care. He drove up from VA Monday night, got in around 1 after which we shared a dram of Macallan 12yo.

bravo, God Bless and as someone that read most of those posts I'm sure I'm not alone in saying OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!

Reactions: motorb54
This date is indelibly imprinted in my mind, an anniversary I mark every single year. 11 years ago Tyler completed his last chemo cycle and was declared cancer free. Because of all the support we received back in 2012 from this board and others in the Rutgers community, I always want to share this with those here. Still cancer free - had a check up at Sloan Kettering Jan-Feb this year as he transitioned over from pediatric to adult after care. He drove up from VA Monday night, got in around 1 after which we shared a dram of Macallan 12yo.
That's awesome, so happy for the Spanky family...

Wow, seems like yesterday you were going through that. Congrats and best wishes for the future! Always treat every day as a special day!

MSKCC is top notch. First class organization. From the moment you step in the door to when you leave, you are treated like the most important person on earth. Saved my life. I love going for annual screening just for the experience of seeing how well run the place is. Congrats to Tyler. He looked great at the Maryland tailgate.

MSKCC is top notch. First class organization. From the moment you step in the door to when you leave, you are treated like the most important person on earth. Saved my life. I love going for annual screening just for the experience of seeing how well run the place is. Congrats to Tyler. He looked great at the Maryland tailgate.
Wow. I'm happy for the Knight Shift family as well...

Reactions: Knight Shift
DJ- this is such a great message to continue to allow us to be a part of. I am so happy for your son and you and family.

Just amazing...heartfelt - blessed

Outstanding

Congrats bro. Must make you feel great. All the best to your son.

Raising healthy successful kids are the best thing we can do in this world. It’s all of our legacy and that’s beautiful when it all works out.

Reactions: csphi
A very worthy OT post and one that deserves to raise a glass to toast in a little while. Nice to meet Tyler this past season and tailgate with him a bit.

Congratulations hope we are able to continue to post every year with good news. This is truly a five-star signing! Merry Christmas, be well to you and your family!

My sister is battling cancer right now, it is brutal, so I am very happy for you and Tyler

DJ - As a parent, I can’t imagine what you and your wife and family went thru with such a horrible thing happen to your Son!

Thank goodness that your son is cancer free and thank the almighty that everything remains wonderful !

Your family has been in my prayers this time every year since your initial post. Glad to hear all is still going well. God bless, hae a wonderful holiday.

May all TKR members and/or their loved ones that are facing cancer have the result Tyler achieved
That is my Christmas wish to all and it's for the coming New Year and the years following it.
Again my congratulations go out to Tyler, it wasn't an easy fight, but Tyler came out the winner .

My HS soccer team (Trinity Christian) prayed everyday for him (private school so we could do that). We started every game with F.A.M.I.L.Y.......for TYLER.

I look forward to many more of these posts in the future. God bless TYLER.

How big was your dram?? One of the greatest Scottish words in a country full of great words and phrases.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT