ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler's 9 years cancer free

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
With everything going on this year I actually missed the anniversary of that (12/20), which is a good thing to have that fade into the past for us. Tyler drove up from Virginia (where he's in his first year of college) on Wednesday night - first time doing that drive. I spent quite a bit of time with him this fall down there (9/17 weeks), getting him squared away living in my MIL's house and getting his car (my wife's old Buick which had been sitting down there for 3 years) running, titled, registered and inspected in VA. Health wise he is doing great, and it appears he nailed it this semester with a 4.0. Wishing all the best to everyone on this holiday weekend, health, happiness and family!

With everything going on this year I actually missed the anniversary of that (12/20), which is a good thing to have that fade into the past for us. Tyler drove up from Virginia (where he's in his first year of college) on Wednesday night - first time doing that drive. I spent quite a bit of time with him this fall down there (9/17 weeks), getting him squared away living in my MIL's house and getting his car (my wife's old Buick which had been sitting down there for 3 years) running, titled, registered and inspected in VA. Health wise he is doing great, and it appears he nailed it this semester with a 4.0. Wishing all the best to everyone on this holiday weekend, health, happiness and family!
Look forward to this post every year. Congrats.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Happy for your son and wish him many great days ahead. Cancer is something no one especially a child should have to live through.

That’s wonderful news Spanky! So happy for you and your son and your family ! May we always hear this wonderful news !

Good stuff! Cancer is one of the cruelest things I’ve seen and it’s always great to hear of folks out there that are beating it and leaving it behind. Here’s to yet another year :)

:WooHoo:

Tyler has more fans than he could ever know. Thanks again for sharing, Spanky.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Wow, 9 years ago. A lot of us remember your post of the great news. It's amazing how time flys sometimes and other times seem like a hundred ago. This seems like it was a week ago. Still brings a smile to my face.

Great news. Tyler strong.

Just passed a year with my son being cancer free. Even with all the setbacks in college with his fight, he finally graduated this semester.

While I am a fan of all things Rutgers, that is overshadowed by being a fan of a child who has beaten cancer into submission.
Thanks Sir for the update! Keep them coming! I lost my son Joseph to a car wreck 1.5 years ago and this time of year is especially challenging.

Always great to hear Tyler updates!
Glad that he is celebrating health and school success this holiday.

God bless him. This kind of post is what this season is about. So happy for you and your family.

Reactions: MADHAT1
God Bless! One of my favorite posts of the year. Stay strong Tyler and all the Spankys.

DJ,
That’s great to hear !
My wife has been battling CML for almost as long and has been beating it… White blood cells in check.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Fantastic news!! God Bless your son! My oldest son went to grammar school with a kid who from 1st grade till 6th grade was treated for Leukemia. Children in his class wore masks, promised not to come to school if they had colds, all kinds of stuff to help him get well. This was at Raritan Valley School in Hazlet. Well Tommy is 35 years old today, happily married with a son, and is the picture of health!!! He's a body builder and plays on my sons softball team. You'd never know what he went through as a kid when you see him today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT