ADVERTISEMENT

2017-18 RU B1G Wrestling Schedule

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
RU has 9 B1G matches, 5 home (4 RAC, 1 at YS), and 4 road matches. And it's a tough schedule.

Maryland - Home(Yankee Stadium) - 11/4
Iowa - Home - 12/8
Wisconsin - Road - 1/5
OSU - Home - 1/7
Nebraska - Road - 1/21
PSU - Home - 1/28
Northwestern - Road - 2/2
Illinois - Road - 2/4
Minnesota - Home - 2/9

I would love to see us go 5-4 with that schedule but wow is it going to be tough. Call me crazy, but I think outside of the PSU match and probably OSU, we can really make some noise this year. Nebraska loses a ton of starters, Iowa we match up well with, and we are due for wins against Wisconsin and Minnesota IMO. Should be another fun season of RU Wrestling.

Minnesota will he a different team next season. They had alot of talent sitting out last season as I recall

Any word on what Christmas tourney the team will be wrestling in? I'm guessing Midlands again which works for me...I think it's helped us a lot in the B1G/NCAA tourneys in March.

Let's try to better 2,000. If we can't do that with that schedule something is wrong.

I don't see an official announcement or even unofficial with these dates anywhere. Not saying you are wrong, just can't find it anywhere, not on RU official site, the Wrestling twitter , Coach G's twitter or Big 10 site. help ? lol

Just noticed the Illinois match is on SB Sunday. I wonder if wrestling on SB Sunday afternoon is a B1G tradition as we have had a match now all 4 years on SB Sunday.

I truthfully believe if somehow Downey ends up at RU next year could be top 5. They won't beat PSU or tOSU but the rest of those duals are more than winnable with Downey. I know. I'm being optimistic and it's not popular with Downey, but the kid wants to be here and this could be Rutgers best team ever with him

I truthfully believe if somehow Downey ends up at RU next year could be top 5. They won't beat PSU or tOSU but the rest of those duals are more than winnable with Downey. I know. I'm being optimistic and it's not popular with Downey, but the kid wants to be here and this could be Rutgers best team ever with him

Im not disagreeing with you, but I dont envy the coaching for having to make this decision. I will certainly let the coaches decide on this. You do run the risk of having someone transfer out, but it may still be the best move for the team in the long run. He is an all american but where does he go on our team without possibly disrupting any chemistry in the room, or making in intended waves.

One thing is for certain the room is better with him in it.

Reactions: pish69
One thing is for certain the room is better with him in it.[/QUO

Please explain. Thanks. $$$$.

Anytime you can add an All American quality wrestler into a room it helps make you team better. Better practice partners equal better competition. Better competition breeds championship wrestlers.

That being said, if the kid is the cancer he appears to be publicy then we should stay far far away.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT