ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting 2022 F Braeden Moore decommits from Rutgers Hoops

If a one and done , or a few of them everey year, will help Pike have teams that can go all the way , count me in as a one and done supporter.
I dislike the one and done recruiting, but if winnng programs recruit that way, Rutgers needs to do the same while bringing in talent that needs a year or two of developing to bring out their best and help make RU hard to beat. TV
I would prefer a player who stays around at least 3 seasons but that is long past gone. Number one reason is if you don’t have many of those can’t miss guys then team stability, familiarity and a grasp of the O and D is the reason Pikiell has done well . All things aside an occasional one and done player is a bonus in a good sense. I’m sure Pikiell would not complain in the years ahead. A solid coach who has brought life back to RU MBB.

Reactions: briccnerff
Not worried one bit about this

Let’s see
1. Coming off two straight NCAA tourney years
2. Many experts saying that this is Pykes best team yet
3. We return 8guys that are 6’6” or better for 22-23
Cliff
Caleb
Hyatt
Jones
Mag
Palmquist ( we really don’t know how good he is yet)
Reiber ( Geo called him an athletic freak at 6’10”)
Paul
Based on the offers, I loved Moore but
I Didn’t love his film and I assumed he would evolve into a stretch 4 and def not a wing
If all those guys come back, where does he play?
People talk here as if recruiting is the sport and the results of the team are irrelevant
How can anyone say that Pyke is recruiting poorly when he is setting up for his third straight NCAA tournament?
Don’t quote me on recruiting rankings , the rankings mean nothing
The results on the court are all that matter , period
So you know for sure Caleb's coming back...where was it posted?

Then why did Pike offer him a 'ship if he doesn't defend?
could be Pike felt the kid had the type of offensive talent worth recruiting and with work his defense would improve.
Some recruits you can expect instant gratification in all areas of the game.
Others have a strength needed, but other areas of thir game need to be developed before they can be counted on..
That doesn't mean they shouldn't be recruited, only don't expect to see them much in thir freshman year, their weaknesses are being worked on in practice so in soph year they can start being an asset and by junior year potential stars..

Reactions: Scangg
Check your reading comp and your need to make assumptions of what was actually said. Nothing about his coaching ability whatsoever. Explicitly mentioned we were lucky with players who I mentioned . The point from me is it’s about time we had some one and done players.Stop attempting to infer it was a negative , anti Pikiell post.
You might call it lucky if it was just one guy. But at least four guys, come on. Give him credit.

• Love
Reactions: Scangg
You might call it lucky if it was just one guy. But at least four guys, come on. Give him credit.
Both Baker and Caleb were under rated 3* and RHJ though 1st team All State in NJ was not a guaranteed star. Yes his dad was an All Pro NBA13 year guy but his younger brother is the 5* hotshot. Should we still recruit him ? Of course we should but this group was together for 4 years . I ‘m a Pike fan but some of this was just getting the right fit kids.

Both Baker and Caleb were under rated 3* and RHJ though 1st team All State in NJ was not a guaranteed star. Yes his dad was an All Pro NBA13 year guy but his younger brother is the 5* hotshot. Should we still recruit him ? Of course we should but this group was together for 4 years . I ‘m a Pike fan but some of this was just getting the right fit kids.
ALL of this is getting the “right fit kids”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT