ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Newcomers Announced

A new name I haven't seen is a transfer from Binghamton. Zak Conley. Looks like a big boy. Definitely some options to help fill voids. Let the games begin.

Do you expect any of these newcomers to make any immediate impact next year (2023)? I would guess some middies to potentially get some playing time given the deeper rotation and specialization of positions. There's a lot less substitution on attack, defense and goalie, therefore less opportunity to see the field.

I was hoping Cali could give us his preseason assessment considering these newcomers. I saw that a there was a transfer to Jacksonville who seemed to play a lot. Was that a very big loss?

I'll bet that Aussie attackman contributes right away. And there is real depth at goal. Can never tell with true freshmen.

I think all of the transfers have a chance to help and the SSDM's Miller, Daniels, and Decker all probably have a very good shot at playing time at some point. I would not be surprised if Dollive and or Lawler see the field in this capacity as well. Dollive is a big athletic kid

Goalie is somewhat of a concern as they are looking at 2 transfers and a freshman and 1 of them is going to start, unfortunately, I am not sold on the two transfers, but that may be because Kirst was so good. I have seen all three pay and I could see Stoller starting by the end of the season.

I think Neuman if healthy can split or spot with Dugenio at FOGO

I would also, think that Jones and Conley get a long look at close defense, unless they move Reynolds to Close which is possible but he was so good at LSM next year.

Only offensive transfer is Baker and I am sure he will get a look but it could be at middie. I do think that Kurdyla and Macheca could both find their way onto the field on offense.

Fourteen of these young men were named to an All American Team or were First Team All State in high school. Some were both.

Reactions: RU-Hunter
It's way too early for me to make any predictions on who is going to play or not of the new guys. One I will say is Baker. He's 21, has played at a high level of international competitions, and has been playing against men since he was 15 in Australia.

He's extremely athletic. I could see him getting runs at midfield and maybe some attack. He's played more attack and his game is more of that, but he's so athletic I think you play him at midfield especially since we only have one spot open at attack and I would think Kulas has the inside track there.

Kurdyla is really good. I can easily see him getting time at spot attack duty or midfield inversions.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the new guys all fitting in well. Stoller has been playing very well at the goalie spot. He stops the ball. We got so spoiled with Kirst back there that I think we are going to need to have some patience with whomever is in goal.

Again, it's early. Real early. We don't play scrimmages in the fall so I only get to see them when I'm back there. The fall is all about inputting systems, training, bonding, and showing the new guys how we do things and integrating them into our culture.

It's way too early for me to make any predictions on who is going to play or not of the new guys. One I will say is Baker. He's 21, has played at a high level of international competitions, and has been playing against men since he was 15 in Australia.

He's extremely athletic. I could see him getting runs at midfield and maybe some attack. He's played more attack and his game is more of that, but he's so athletic I think you play him at midfield especially since we only have one spot open at attack and I would think Kulas has the inside track there.

Kurdyla is really good. I can easily see him getting time at spot attack duty or midfield inversions.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the new guys all fitting in well. Stoller has been playing very well at the goalie spot. He stops the ball. We got so spoiled with Kirst back there that I think we are going to need to have some patience with whomever is in goal.

Again, it's early. Real early. We don't play scrimmages in the fall so I only get to see them when I'm back there. The fall is all about inputting systems, training, bonding, and showing the new guys how we do things and integrating them into our culture.
Thanks for the insights Cali!

Reactions: Caliknight

Do you know which teams we scrimmage next season in January? Or any nuggets for OOC scheduling? Obviously we will play Princeton at home and Army at West Point and I believe we draw Loyola at home. Any other teams of note coming in OOC in 2023?

All that stuff gets worked out now. I was at an event and spoke with Yale's coach. He seemed very open to playing us. I know him and Brian are somewhat close.

I sense there is some appetite out there from the Ivy's, and B1G teams for that matter, to squeeze out the Acc.

If the Acc wants to play ball, they are going to have to travel. Unc left the state of NC for two games last season, ND and Uva.

Let's hope the B1G and Ivy teams create more crossover games.

We will see what happens. Syracuse dropped us from their schedule and no other Acc would play us. Duke was the one school open to it but couldn't find a weekend.

I know there was some handwringing about the schedule but the fact is it was very much by design. The RPI is a game to be played now and Brian understands exactly how to do it. We didn't get the tournament because of our RPI two times. Brian has mastered how to manipulate that. I wouldn't expect any drastic changes though could see one A list school being added, which wouldn't surprise me. Neither would having a very similar schedule.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
All that stuff gets worked out now. I was at an event and spoke with Yale's coach. He seemed very open to playing us. I know him and Brian are somewhat close.

I sense there is some appetite out there from the Ivy's, and B1G teams for that matter, to squeeze out the Acc.

If the Acc wants to play ball, they are going to have to travel. Unc left the state of NC for two games last season, ND and Uva.

Let's hope the B1G and Ivy teams create more crossover games.

We will see what happens. Syracuse dropped us from their schedule and no other Acc would play us. Duke was the one school open to it but couldn't find a weekend.

I know there was some handwringing about the schedule but the fact is it was very much by design. The RPI is a game to be played now and Brian understands exactly how to do it. We didn't get the tournament because of our RPI two times. Brian has mastered how to manipulate that. I wouldn't expect any drastic changes though could see one A list school being added, which wouldn't surprise me. Neither would having a very similar schedule.
I'd be all for a B1G-Ivy alliance to push out the ACC.

Stoller has been playing very well at the goalie spot. He stops the ball. We got so spoiled with Kirst back there that I think we are going to need to have some patience with whomever is in goal.

I only saw Stoller in one All-Star game and only limited watching of the other two, but my best guess is that Rutgers will be comfortable with the goal stopping of any of the three. Where Kirst is going to be missed and RU was spoiled is on mobility outside the goal crease and those 35 yard dimes he dropped routinely.

B1G is keeping the new Tourney format of all 6 in with 1 and 2 seeds getting a 1st round bye. First round at higher seeds, B1G Semis and Champ Game at Hopkins this upcoming season.

B1G is keeping the new Tourney format of all 6 in with 1 and 2 seeds getting a 1st round bye. First round at higher seeds, B1G Semis and Champ Game at Hopkins this upcoming season.

Need to add Michigan St. and Northwestern and turn it into an 8 team tournament.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I only saw Stoller in one All-Star game and only limited watching of the other two, but my best guess is that Rutgers will be comfortable with the goal stopping of any of the three. Where Kirst is going to be missed and RU was spoiled is on mobility outside the goal crease and those 35 yard dimes he dropped routinely.
He was the best outlet passer I’ve ever seen. Hands down.

His ball stopping was incredible too. We’ve had some great goalies come through there but he might be the best all around.

Stoller has a frame I can see growing into Kirst’s.

He’s been creating some buzz on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT