ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Commit Hudls - Part 1

RU23

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2010
Full tapes have mostly all dropped at this point so thought I’d start to review this morning and give my non-expert opinion.

Surace - already started a thread on his Hudl (TLDR - elite accuracy, average arm strength/athleticism, can’t put expectations on a true frosh QB)

Duff - speaking of putting expectations on a true frosh, he should be our WR1 next year. Lol. Size, speed, hands, body control - he’s got it all.

Winowich - I unfortunately think he looks a little overrated. I’ve seen a lot of LB shouts which I think is right - I don’t see the speed for a RB, but I’m also not sure he has the size/speed combo for LB. Hope he proves me wrong.

Pilof - Looks solid, not spectacular. Unlike Winowich, I’m confident he has the size/speed combo to be successful in the B1G. I don’t expect Sam to see the field (except on specials) his first year or two, but with our coaches he should be a good one for us down the line.

Crumpler - I like this kid (got overshadowed by Black committing). Speed is a concern, but I think he’s fast enough and the kid just makes plays (+ NFL pedigree)

Black - Speed speed speed, not much more to be said other than I hope nc state stays stupid (though I’m not convinced that’s the full story…why would they not let the kid at least try WR? Makes zero sense)

Shaw - another NC kid overshadowed by Black. Again, impressed with the size/speed combo and nose for the ball. No reason he can’t be a starting safety for us post-Flip/Loyal/Dez.

Sanders - only question is where to put him. He looks most comfortable at RB, but we realllly need a CB for this class. In an ideal world Longerbeam and Melton return and Sanders learns from them for a year

Guerrier - balance, vision, and “cut-ability” look great. Speed is the only slight concern that limits his ceiling, but he’ll be fine. I like the Jawan Jamison comps

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News