ADVERTISEMENT

(24)Rutgers vs (22)Ohio State Game Thread

Finish this off and as the 3 seed will have a double bye.
Then play the winner of the 6 vs. 11
that could be Iowa vs. Purdue
Iowa is one of our conference losses

At one point in the season Ohio State was 13-3 (9-3) but has lost three straight
with it about to be four straight. Even with that they are a team that would likely be in the tournament if not for the post-season ban.
Agree with the guy announcer who feels we are under ranked
although we did not play Indiana or Michigan. They are two of the top 5 in the conference.

Lol..only in women's basketball is that a foul in the act of shooting. RU player stops, turns around, OSU player trips , 3 pt foul shots.

At one point in the season Ohio State was 13-3 (9-3) but has lost three straight
with it about to be four straight. Even with that they are a team that would likely be in the tournament if not for the post-season ban.
Agree with the guy announcer who feels we are under ranked
although we did not play Indiana or Michigan. They are two of the top 5 in the conference.
Don't jinx them please 4 mins left. 3 foul shots coming.

You would think they were losing all game. But, all the critics never show up for such an important win. Others only "show up" if we have a bad game. Okay I'm done bitching.

Reactions: gigantor1024
Imagine if the men had won 8 in a row going into the tourney? There would be hundreds of posts and a few thousand likes.

I watched the whole game but am too nervous to post during games.

I'll say this: minus the first quarter, and minus Singleton--who played her best game ever as a Scarlet Knight--the team played "okay"--and missed a lot of 3-pt shots they've been making all year. Despite annoyingly not being able to just put the game away, the lead never got to under 8, and it never seemed out of hand.

Senior nights are weird anyway--Diamond seemed to be deferring much more than she usually does, Arella and Mael both looked like they were pressing a bit too much, things got a tad sloppy. But love seeing Zippy back on court (Which was huge when Arella picked up 4 fouls), and love that Martino is shooting with confidence. And love, love, loved this game from Tyia.

Nine in a row--team did what it needed to do post the break. Let's have a good (and safe) B10 tourney.

Wish you posted more sammy. You are a long time good fan, but also seem to take months off when things aren't going very well.

I watched the whole game but am too nervous to post during games.

I'll say this: minus the first quarter, and minus Singleton--who played her best game ever as a Scarlet Knight--the team played "okay"--and missed a lot of 3-pt shots they've been making all year. Despite annoyingly not being able to just put the game away, the lead never got to under 8, and it never seemed out of hand.

Senior nights are weird anyway--Diamond seemed to be deferring much more than she usually does, Arella and Mael both looked like they were pressing a bit too much, things got a tad sloppy. But love seeing Zippy back on court (Which was huge when Arella picked up 4 fouls), and love that Martino is shooting with confidence. And love, love, loved this game from Tyia.

Nine in a row--team did what it needed to do post the break. Let's have a good (and safe) B10 tourney.
I am with sammy. I watched the game on my DVR and I would agree with his analysis. I am so happy we won, I believe we are capable of winning every game we play and I am looking forward to the B1G tournament and the NCAA tournament. We are legit!

I'll say it again, pathetic lack of participation from "fans" on this board.
Some of us do not watch the games "live". We watch games on tape. The few games I have watched over the years as they happened, I can either post on a board or watch the game.

Yes, I know lots of folks do it. UConn has a "chat room" for games because their threads were too long.

We are very excited for RU this year and love that we have been able to see so many games. As many know, we moved to Tucson and added Arizona as are other favorite team. We don't get to see them on TV (we don't get the PAC12 Network), there were no fans allowed live this season, there is no message board - but at least we do get good newspaper coverage. This is the first season since we moved that we are more familiar with Rutgers than Arizona.

GO RU!!! Have a great B1G tourney.

Awesome job ladies! Singleton was a beast out there. Tekia and Diamond were terrific too. And even though this wasn't Arella's best game scoring percentage wise, she still scored 20 points, got 10 rebounds and a lot of assists, and the team as a whole played really well together. I couldn't be more proud of this team the way they grew and overcame a lot of obstacles to be in the position they're at. Kudos and congratulations!

I was also guilty of not posting during the game but it’s not for lack of interest. Just didn’t see a need. And it wasn’t Brian Enterline last night but rather his brother Bob who isn’t nearly as bad.
I’m planning to be in Indianapolis for the tournament but it will be very different than in past years. Not able to sit behind team bench But I wanted to see this team In person one more time.

Last edited:
Reactions: climberjon
Some of us do not watch the games "live". We watch games on tape. The few games I have watched over the years as they happened, I can either post on a board or watch the game.

Yes, I know lots of folks do it. UConn has a "chat room" for games because their threads were too long.

We are very excited for RU this year and love that we have been able to see so many games. As many know, we moved to Tucson and added Arizona as are other favorite team. We don't get to see them on TV (we don't get the PAC12 Network), there were no fans allowed live this season, there is no message board - but at least we do get good newspaper coverage. This is the first season since we moved that we are more familiar with Rutgers than Arizona.

GO RU!!! Have a great B1G tourney.

I'm also here in Tucson though I haven't gotten in UofA sports at all. But I did read that their women lost to UCLA last night in the Pac12 semifinal and will have to wait for an at-large bid.

But back to Rutgers - great win, RU! It's always wonderful to defeat OSU (my second alma mater) in any sport and we've had a rather good two weeks against them, better than any I can remember since joining the B1G.

Having the double bye in the B1G tournament will be a help and there is a decent chance that, after the quarterfinal, assuming an RU win, we will be taking on either Indiana or Michigan, two teams that haven't played us this year, due to our prolonged hiatus. That could be an advantage for RU, given how difficult it is for many teams to prepare for our defense.

It should be an interesting week next week.

Reactions: RUDave_01
The amazing aspect of this game was that Rutgers scored 71 points and only made three 3 pointers.Scoring from Singleton inside was the difference in the game.Very impressive winning streak to end the season.Might have tough match up against Iowa in their first B1G Tournament game.

I only saw the first quarter and a little bit of the second half. I thought RU did a good job finding Singleton in the paint early. On most of the plays she was mysteriously left open as OSU seems to emphasizing the perimeter. They did not seem to adjust very quickly. If this was supposed to be a step up game with regard to competition against another ranked team, I think RU passed the test.

Still not seeing much depth but Zippy did play. While I have only caught a parts of a few games, the refs seem to be allowing RU to be more aggressive defensively. Thus fouls have not been an issue and therefore a lack of depth has not been exposed.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
I followed along with the GameCast, but after years of watching Rutgers women's basketball I just got so frustrated with women's college basketball officiating that I've actively avoided watching regular season games the last few years. Men's officiating is frequently bad, but the officiating in the women's game had gotten bad enough that it became too infuriating for me to watch.

I usually only hop on the game threads to see if everyone else in complaining about the same things I am .. stupid announcers, terrible ref calls, player on the other team that’s super annoying, we haven’t scored in 5 mins, etc. Not much to complain about tonight. Was not long ago OSU seemed like Uconn of the B1G to me, like we’d never beat them ever or even keep it to 10, Kelsea Mitchell etc. The day we are beating a ranked Ohio State at the RAC by 15, not gonna find anything to complain about from me !

Dope win, the women’s team knows how to flex late in the season. A certain other basketball team at RU could use a few tips from them.

CVS was pretty upfront during the press conference that the she/the team were not pleased with how they played (she said if you went to the locker room you would have thought they lost), but she acknowledged that senior nights are hard for everybody. I think I saw Tekia tearing up as she left the court.

The 3 point shooting was bizarrely off for how the team has performed this year. Mael missed a bunch of wide open threes she's been making over the past few games; Diamond is in a "mini" shooting slump from 3-point range; and even Arella and Tekia shot below their percentages. Thankfully, Singleton was a beast, and the team did a great job finding her.

Reactions: eso1989
I really thought Giles and Mack might consider using the 'free' year to come back next season. Given how emotional she was yesterday, seems like Mack is not going to do that but who knows. I don't see either of them making a roster in the WNBA (as much as I love them!) and I can understand if they want to get on with their lives. Huge commitment playing basketball at the major D1 level especially for CVS.

Despite the weird season, this entire team has made the most of the opportunity. They have great chemistry and seem like they are having fun together. Kudos to all the players, coaches and staff for turning lemons into lemonade!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT