ADVERTISEMENT

A note from Scott Goodale

William J Moses

Freshman
Dec 6, 2019

Screen%20Shot%202021-12-16%20at%2012.45.00%20PM.png

Dear SKWC Loyal Support,

As a long time member of the SKWC, we wanted to reach out and extend our sincerest gratitude for your on-going support throughout the years. With the events that have transpired in the last 48 hours, Sebastian Rivera bringing home the SILVER medal at the World Championships and representing Team Puerto Rico at the 2024 Olympics in Paris France. This has all been possible because of your support/generous gifts.

With your donations and fundraising efforts, Sebastian and Coach Buxton were able to travel to multiple world tournaments and ranking events throughout the past year. Because of this ability to travel and compete, Sebastian gained enough ranking points that qualified him for the 2 seed in the World Championships. We were also able to bring in 2021 World Champion Murad Gadzhiev and other Domestic athletes for the last two months to help in preparation for this past weeks World Championships.

The SKWC continues to grow as an organization and it is supporters like you that allow us to provide wrestlers at every level with the opportunities and resources to pursue Olympic, World and NCAA aspirations. Later next month Dylan Shawver will also represent Team Puerto Rico in the U23 World Championships in Albania. Dylan will try to join Richie Lewis as a U23 World Champion. Richie was crowned champion in 2017 in Poland.

It goes without saying, we appreciate YOU, we appreciate your support, and we appreciate your LOYALTY!

Thank you again.
Scott Goodale​

The last note was about our Heavyweight.
I am psyched to see him wrestle! Do we have a formidable 174 to285 lineup?
Hopefully so!

The last note was about our Heavyweight.
I am psyched to see him wrestle! Do we have a formidable 174 to285 lineup?
Hopefully so!
Soldano should be solid. Yara-Slav will be better than we've had and, hopefully, can AA... maybe. I hope Poz transitions well to 197 and can regain his early success, but we need to see. Turley is very capable if he comes into the season in shape; as yet, he has not. He ends the season strong but is at more risk of re-injury when not in top condition.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT