ADVERTISEMENT

A Pat Hobbs sold out game

Did you piss in his Cheerios or something? I mean, damn. LOL

Make him cry like a little bitch? 🤣

Been watching those Avenger movies again? I'm hoping that is sarcasm or schtick. Otherwise, you might want to find a nice peaceful outlet for some of that excess testosterone.
mr big mouth knows, it's no schtick.

talks a lot

big tough guy here

but disappears real fast when real life happens

Outkick is led by deranged moron Clay Travis who has a hardon for Rutgers.

Clay pushed for Pruitt over Schiano, made up crap about GS, and then Pruitt sucked.
Correct Clay Travis is not only less than astute, and downright ignorant on thee issues he speaks about, but also overtly biased-and just a general joke.

No one should ever quote him on this board. Speaks poorly of anyone who quotes him (or frequently reviews his drivel). You're embarrassing yourself in citing him for any proposition.

After mid first qrtr stadium looked pretty full btw

Yeah I mean sold out doesn't mean all seats are occupied during kick off. It means all the tickets are sold by Rutgers whether to fans or the secondary market.
Doesn’t mean all the seats are actually sold .
Rutgers dumps thousands of tickets off to 3rd Party sites to be sold. RU now calls it a sell out.
Obviously these Sites are not selling all tickets. This is witnessed by the huge areas of open seats in the Upper Decks and in the lower corners, etc. I am sure these Sites are not paying Rutgers for seats they didn’t sell. Hence not a sell out.

mr big mouth knows, it's no schtick.

talks a lot

big tough guy here

but disappears real fast when real life happens
Lot of people here with big mouths, including me in some people's views, I'm sure. But it's just largely anonymous people bullshitting about stuff online. Ain't none of it worth getting violent over.

Someone wants to physically attack me or mine, or other innocent people, then that's a whole different thing.

But words are nothing.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Lot of people here with big mouths, including me in some people's views, I'm sure. But it's just largely anonymous people bullshitting about stuff online. Ain't none of it worth getting violent over.

Someone wants to physically attack me or mine, or other innocent people, then that's a whole different thing.

But words are nothing.
Everybody has a big mouth, but I don't see you acting like a pompous condescending asshole in every thread and putting everybody down who doesn't agree with you. Guys that do that hiding behind a computer eventually end up with a guy in their driveway.

Correct Clay Travis is not only less than astute, and downright ignorant on thee issues he speaks about, but also overtly biased-and just a general joke.

No one should ever quote him on this board. Speaks poorly of anyone who quotes him (or frequently reviews his drivel). You're embarrassing yourself in citing him for any proposition.

After mid first qrtr stadium looked pretty full btw
This.

Doesn’t mean all the seats are actually sold .
Rutgers dumps thousands of tickets off to 3rd Party sites to be sold. RU now calls it a sell out.
Obviously these Sites are not selling all tickets. This is witnessed by the huge areas of open seats in the Upper Decks and in the lower corners, etc. I am sure these Sites are not paying Rutgers for seats they didn’t sell. Hence not a sell out.
Ok so why don't they just do that for every single game then? They could have done the same thing for Wagner and call it a sell out. There's obviously demand from the secondary sites.

Ok so why don't they just do that for every single game then? They could have done the same thing for Wagner and call it a sell out. There's obviously demand from the secondary sites.
Very simple actually. With low demand games like Wagner there are tens of thousands of unsold tickets and these 3rd Party sites can’t or won’t take all the remaining tickets.
For the last 2 games there was a demand on the secondary market. Not all the seats they had were sold obviously.

Reactions: sct1111
Everybody has a big mouth, but I don't see you acting like a pompous condescending asshole in every thread and putting everybody down who doesn't agree with you. Guys that do that hiding behind a computer eventually end up with a guy in their driveway.

How does one go about getting the address of someone hiding behind a computer? Isn’t the point of talking shit online because no one can find my driveway?

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Lol

That guy apparently has cple big fans here who PMed me last week

Yer on to something Sport.

Hobbs should bus SHU students, along with WPU, Montclair St, Rider, etc to games to fill the upper deck.

All NJ colleges that don’t have D-1 Football teams.

Then he can announce a sellout without large swaths of empty seats , suspicion , scorn and ridicule.
Some of those empty seats are actually sold. A company holds 20 seats in my section, they're seldom filled.

• Haha
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
So, what % of tickets should actually be sold and not given away for the ‘sellout’ claim to be legit ?

Very simple actually. With low demand games like Wagner there are tens of thousands of unsold tickets and these 3rd Party sites can’t or won’t take all the remaining tickets.
For the last 2 games there was a demand on the secondary market. Not all the seats they had were sold obviously.
I dont buy this scenario.
RU does give away many tickets to groups. The tickets listed on Stubhub, etc. are being resold by those who either purchased or were given tickets.
But RU is not using Stubhub to sell tickets directly.

Wasn't Tennessee the fanbase that threw stuff at their ex coach when he was in town and they had to halt the game?

One of the worst fanbases in college football. Would explain the bond with Clay.
Yes, but they also have high expectations and are extremely passionate about their program. I wish more of our fans had those same qualities. We have way too many bandwagon fans that are willing to settle for mediocrity.

Yes, but they also have high expectations and are extremely passionate about their program. I wish more of our fans had those same qualities. We have way too many bandwagon fans that are willing to settle for mediocrity.

I don't wish RU fans to ever act like scum. Our fanbase wouldn't make up the lies they did and throw things at people on the field. Whether we're the best, the worst or somewhere in between.

I don't wish RU fans to ever act like scum. Our fanbase wouldn't make up the lies they did and throw things at people on the field. Whether we're the best, the worst or somewhere in between.
They get over 100k passionate fans a game and expect national championships, whether reasonable or not. And out of that, yes, they have some jerks, but that is all part of the package in big time college athletics. We have a wine and cheese crowd that shows up late, leaves early, constantly complains about parking, concessions, bathroom lines, loud music, and yells at people for standing up on third down. I mean really, c'mon man.

I'm not aware of any - but perhaps you know of some specific etiquette rules engagement when an some anonymous angry poster shows up at someone's house to threaten to beat them down after making multiple physical threats in writing on a message board? Do you envision some kind of bloody bare knuckle death match right there in the driveway right in front of mom, grandma and the children? Or perhaps both sides calling a bunch of their friends in what will amount to a rumble scene like in the Anchorman movies?

RU does give away many tickets to groups. The tickets listed on Stubhub, etc. are being resold by those who either purchased or were given tickets.
Am not sure about that. I believe many are given to re-seller partners at a certain price. I don’t think all the StubHub tickets were previously purchased.

Seems like the Nebraska interim coach had an opinion on the "sellout" and it was not a favorable one. Expects a much more hostile environment this weekend at Purdue.

Reactions: Plum Street
Sellout means all tickets distributed (sold or given away)

This is what’s considered a soft sell out (lots of Tix given away / discounted) w Rutgers knowing there’s be decent Amt of no shows / Tix unsold

In the new age of HDTV, etc most sellout now are soft sell outs

MLB playoff games had lots of empties this week. Get in price for big time college fb programs vs decent teams in $12-15 range

All teams do it. Michigan giving away Tix w happy meals, fsu giving away Tix to hurricane victims, etc

Things are changing in regard to attending live events

It wouldn't shock me if StubHub bought tickets at a bulk rate & resold them through straw sellers on their own platform at market rates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT