ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Challenge

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Communicated with a bunch of coaches and Rutgers will be at ND,VT,or Miami. Trying to get correct one. In other news Iona is in the Mohegan doubleheader in the other game.

Communicated with a bunch of coaches and Rutgers will be at ND,VT,or Miami. Trying to get correct one. In other news Iona is in the Mohegan doubleheader in the other game.
Va Tech or Miami. ND has someone else at home.Either will help ultimate NET.

Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
Other game on Nov 18 at Mohegan Sun is Iona vs Vermont per Rothstein along with us vs Temple.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
As long as it’s not BC (13-20) whoever they assign will be great. All the other options won 17+ games.

Looks to be Miami on the road.They lost a lot but bring in a load of players.
Ugh. That's a tough matchup and we've already played there twice recently. Hate it.

EDIT: I don't hate it after thinking more about it. It's a Q1 road game and there's little downside with a loss. It's fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
Tough match up for sure but it’ll be early in the season with players still trying to gel. Not the most intimidating venue and a team that will likely be in the NCAA picture. I’ll take it.

Overall a better schedule than last season. Miami on the road and Michigan State at MSG are highlights to me. Gonzaga would have been terrific as they are the no.1 program in the country and probably would have been no. 1 when Rutgers was out there and that garners publicity. Just remember playing Purdue. Concern is how good Big Ten will be as it looks to be down from last season. We shall see.

They got two of the top transfers in Nijel Pack and Norchad Omier. Should be a high quality Q1 game. A big win if we get it and not really a big deal if we lose it. I do wish we got to play somebody new, though.

Gonzaga is not realistic and way too far for an away game. Miami away, Wake Forest at home, Seton Hall at home, Temple and Michigan State as neutral is 100% OK.

I think the hype on Gonzaga as a program is going to start to come down significantly. They can be ranked #1 overall, because it's still a great story of unreal proportions to do what Monson and now Mark Few have done there. But going to Miami and playing an ACC team is a quality road opportunity and reasonable travel back and forth. I would have liked another ACC option, just to mix it up, but this is not about scheduling, it is about TV and for ESPN.

The OOC schedule is a 10 fold improvement from last year. There’s at least a punchers chance for all 4 real opponents to compete for post season play (there was never a shot for UMass or DePaul).

@ Miami > @ SHU
SHU (home) > @ DePaul
WF (home) > Clemson (home)
Temple (neutral) > @ UMass

Rider and UMass-Lowell are better than any of our home opponents from last year too.

Overall a better schedule than last season. Miami on the road and Michigan State at MSG are highlights to me. Gonzaga would have been terrific as they are the no.1 program in the country and probably would have been no. 1 when Rutgers was out there and that garners publicity. Just remember playing Purdue. Concern is how good Big Ten will be as it looks to be down from last season. We shall see.
That one I like. Thanks for sharing

Hope all you schedule guys are happy now.
😀

Now we can focus on who our 4th string PG would be in case Mulcahy, Simpson and Miller get in foul trouble.,
Yes - now that it’s Miami and not BC (and not an A-10 bottom feeder in a neutral game that wouldn’t really be neutral) all is well.

Out of the three possibilities mentioned, this is probably best. A good team no doubt, but maybe a less challenging road environment than ND or VT.

I am assuming the Michigan state game was our home game? I would expect then that next year we get someone’s home game at the garden

I think it could be a very good game but it is hard to believe that we have been paired with Miami 3 times in the BIG-ACC Challenge and all 3 times we are at Miami. Will we ever get Miami at the RAC ?

Reactions: shields
Thank you knights1212. It is a joke we are playing there again.

I got a Masters degree there in the Mid 80s. My first semester I lived in graduate apartments located which is now the foul line in Watsco Arena..
Root for Rutgers of course, been going to games since I was 6.
I was at the game RU won in 2018
I might try to get down there again. Any questions about the Campus, let me know..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT