ADVERTISEMENT

Ace talks about a Fab Five bringing a Natty in 2024 to RU

If the Auburn pursuit of Knight is legit:

I think Dylan becomes a key piece
What I hope happens is that Dylan verbals to RU before anything else happens

This may help with locking in Ace further who was recruiting for us

Then, with Ace being even more happy with his choice, sets out signals that Auburn is out, with or without Knight
This lessens Auburns pursuit of Knight somewhat, if there is no package deal with Ace, they would have to want Knight as a stand alone
That tweet has since been deleted. Don’t think there’s much validity to it

That tweet has since been deleted. Don’t think there’s much validity to it
Good
I would not put it past another program to see if Knight could be shook loose
Knights salary is already very good so you would think it unlikely anyway
Good move by RU to pay well

Just have to hold onto Knight until Bailey and hopefully Harper sign. Obviously you would ideally want him to leave for a head coaching gig (which he has probably earned). The more of our assistants that get interest the better the coaches that will be interested in replacing them.
-Still think someone is trying to pry Knight but as of now there’s no reason to believe it’s gotten serious.

Who are Ace's Fab Five members coming to RU in 2024?

My Fab Five selections:

Wings: Ace Bailey - 5 star, Tyler Betsey - 4 Star
Guards: Dylan Harper - 5 star, Dellaquan Warren - 4 star
Big: Lathan Sommerville - 4 star
Where did ace talk about that?

Reactions: robjknight
Knight is looking for HC opportunities not a lateral move. So unless someone is offering a HC gig it's noise more than smoke.
Yup. At Rutgers, Brandin is being paid EXTREMELY well and he is stacking his resume big time for the right HC opportunity. Any lateral move comes with risk.

Brandin is absolutely crushing it at Rutgers and I would think that he knows there is no better situation for him in all of college hoops for Brandin to continue build his resume right now than with Pike and Rutgers.

Last edited:
Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
The potential 24-25 team is going to be insane

Guards Derek Simpson, Jamichael Davis, Deliquan Warren, Dylan Harper
Forwards Mawot Mag, Antonio Chol, Gavin Griffiths, Ace Bailey
Centers Antwone Woolfolk, Baye Ndongo or ?, Latham Sommerville

and 5th of Fab 5, Betsey, Naas, or ? 😍😍😍

Reactions: Scangg
Getting back to the thread topic
How Dare You Greta GIF

We obviously have made some changes to Ace's Fab Five list since last spring. Dellquan Warren (Miss State) and Tyler Betsey (Cincinnati) are out and DG and BD are in. I don't think there is any doubt in anyone's mind where Dylan is going.

Update on Ace Bailey's Fab Five:

Guard: Dylan Harper - TBD
Wings: Ace Bailey, Dylan Grant, Bryce Dortch
Center: Lathan Sommerville - signing November 15 @ 3 pm CT

We obviously have made some changes to Ace's Fab Five list since last spring. Dellquan Warren (Miss State) and Tyler Betsey (Cincinnati) are out and DG and BD are in. I don't think there is any doubt in anyone's mind where Dylan is going.

Sommerville and Ogbole are two
very large humans at the five spot.

Uh so Gavin Griffiths?

This is straight from Wikipedia:

The Fab Five was the 1991 University of Michigan men's basketball team recruiting class that many consider one of the greatest recruiting classes of all time. The class consisted of Detroit natives Chris Webber (#4) and Jalen Rose (#5), Chicago native Juwan Howard (#25), and two recruits from Texas: Plano's Jimmy King (#24) and Austin's Ray Jackson (#21).

#4 Chris Webber
#5 Jalen Rose
#21 Ray Jackson
#24 Jimmy King
#25 Juwan Howard

Rutgers Fab Five comparison:

#2 Ace Bailey
#3 Dylan Harper
#101 Lathan Sommerville
#129 Dylan Grant
#135 Bryce Dortch

Its unbelievable that we're going to have a recruiting class that compares favorably to the OG Fab Five @ Rutgers!

Reactions: LeapinLou
This is straight from Wikipedia:

The Fab Five was the 1991 University of Michigan men's basketball team recruiting class that many consider one of the greatest recruiting classes of all time. The class consisted of Detroit natives Chris Webber (#4) and Jalen Rose (#5), Chicago native Juwan Howard (#25), and two recruits from Texas: Plano's Jimmy King (#24) and Austin's Ray Jackson (#21).

#4 Chris Webber
#5 Jalen Rose
#21 Ray Jackson
#24 Jimmy King
#25 Juwan Howard

Rutgers Fab Five comparison:

#2 Ace Bailey
#3 Dylan Harper
#101 Lathan Sommerville
#129 Dylan Grant
#135 Bryce Dortch

Its unbelievable that we're going to have a recruiting class that compares favorably to the OG Fab Five @ Rutgers!

Except obviously as that comparison shows it doesn't compare favorably at all. Anyway Griffiths is better than Grant or Dorch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT