ADVERTISEMENT

Ace

Also shout out to Davis, actually scored more than Ace in the game today
Frankly my dear, I give a damn how Scarlet is spelled! 😄

It's astounding how often Scarlet is misspelled Scarlett. I see it on an almost daily basis. A lot of Gone with the Wind fans, I guess.

Bigger role next year for Davis, now that Cam has scrammed. Hope he is ready.
Have to see who we bring in to replace Cam first. If it's a starting caliber guard, then it doesn't really impact Davis. If the replacement is a bust, Davis stepping up as a freshman will be huge

I have high hopes for Davis. Love him. Would rather not have to rely on him as a freshman much and then whatever he gives us is gravy

Between Davis and Simpson we've got some athletic guards. I don't know how great of an athlete Fernandes is, but very excited about him at the point.

Davis has really come on the last few months. He looks every bit a 4 star on tape, kinda surprised he wasn't recruited by more high major's

I like Davis a lot and his ability to drive to the basket is a skill that we need. I see him contributing right away.

Anyone think that Ace Bailey might go the NBA if he’s a top pick in the 2024 draft?

Reactions: MiloTalon13
It just seems like Davis is on mission, putting in the work to get better. His delay with LOI to play AAU comp may have been blessed by our coaches. Looking forward to the Ace/JMike combo running the break!

Reactions: Scarlet83
I like Davis a lot and his ability to drive to the basket is a skill that we need. I see him contributing right away.

Anyone think that Ace Bailey might go the NBA if he’s a top pick in the 2024 draft?

I think it's basically a lock Bailey will be in the 2025 NBA draft.

Both him and Harper are already 1st round picks in 2025. Minimal chance they spend a 2nd year in college.

I think it's basically a lock Bailey will be in the 2025 NBA draft.

Both him and Harper are already 1st round picks in 2025. Minimal chance they spend a 2nd year in college.
I read something recently that both Bailey and Harper could be lottery picks in the 2024 NBA draft. If that happens do they bypass college?

They can't be 2024 draft picks unless the NBA changes their rules. Has to be one year out from graduating HS class

Yup. People are citing old information.

There was a thought the new CBA would remove the requirement to wait a year - starting in 2024.
But it never made it into the new CBA signed this year.
It’s been delayed at least 6 years.

Have to see who we bring in to replace Cam first. If it's a starting caliber guard, then it doesn't really impact Davis. If the replacement is a bust, Davis stepping up as a freshman will be huge

I have high hopes for Davis. Love him. Would rather not have to rely on him as a freshman much and then whatever he gives us is gravy

I’m thinking Derek is poised to make a big jump. He’s a Geo Baker clone, but more athletic. Same mental makeup and confidence.

Wow, his handles for a big guy like him are nice. We are lucky to have even landed a talent like him. Great job by Pike and Staff. We are could potentially have the #1 and #2 nationally ranked recruits in the country in the class of 2024. Who would have thought!!!!

Wow, his handles for a big guy like him are nice. We are lucky to have even landed a talent like him. Great job by Pike and Staff. We are could potentially have the #1 and #2 nationally ranked recruits in the country in the class of 2024. Who would have thought!!!!
He’s got some Geo Baker perimeter shiftiness to his game for sure. My hope is that his handle will enable him to play on the perimeter and penetrate and shoot over guys as he his kinda thin right now. One thing for sure, nearly everyone in the NBA, regardless of position, has a good handle.

One thing I love about Ace is he looks like he gives a shit everytime out there. He’s not just coasting cause he’s more talented than everyone
Agreed - his athleticism and how hard he plays are the most remarkable things about him.

This is why I say CBB fans don't actually want the one-and-done rule changed.

Without it, Ace and his caliber of players (Harper) never step foot on a college campus or Rutgers.

"One and done" greatly benefits CBB by providing elite talent and generating fan excitement - even if it was only for 1 year.

This is why I say CBB fans don't actually want the one-and-done rule changed.

Without it, Ace and his caliber of players (Harper) never step foot on a college campus or Rutgers.

"One and done" greatly benefits CBB by providing elite talent and generating fan excitement - even if it was only for 1 year.
With NIL, I wonder if the trend moves completely the other way and all kids start going to school for 4 years. I mean - hypothetically, if someone is willing to pay you millions of dollars to be a college kid and play ball there - why rush to the NBA?

With NIL, I wonder if the trend moves completely the other way and all kids start going to school for 4 years. I mean - hypothetically, if someone is willing to pay you millions of dollars to be a college kid and play ball there - why rush to the NBA?
If you are a hyper competitive athlete, you want to prove you are among the best as soon as you can. And it is unlikely one and dones can ever make more money in college, the last draft pick of the first round makes about $2 mil a year, the top pick averages $10 mil. And the path to making much bigger money is getting to your second contract when the number can explode, so it makes no sense to delay getting to that. And you are also not factoring in all the advertising money pro players make separate from their basketball contracts.

Why the G league?

Why the G league?
For kids going there straight out of high school? Only small handful of kids have been doing this. At the margin it could bring a couple kids back to college, but if you think about why they are going that route in the first place, they either don’t want to be in college or want to focus on basketball 24/7 with coaches who will teach them how to play in the NBA.

For kids going there straight out of high school? Only small handful of kids have been doing this. At the margin it could bring a couple kids back to college, but if you think about why they are going that route in the first place, they either don’t want to be in college or want to focus on basketball 24/7 with coaches who will teach them how to play in the NBA.
Yeah but if you even have a chance to be a good college player for left about pro, you can make alot more in college than the G.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT