ADVERTISEMENT

Ace Bailey - eyes closed FT

Funny... it's the opposite for Rutgers fans. We want to shut our eyes when an RU player is at the line.

Too Much No GIF by Rosanna Pansino

If you have a solid mechanical, repeatable process - shooting FTs with eyes closed is possible.

As long as your feet are set in the right spot it should be like a machine.
No thinking or adjusting - just load the ball and take the shot.

Great job Ace!

Credentials: I won a FT contest in 6th grade going 15-15 at our local Knight Of Columbus basketball league.

Couple weeks later at the regionals I also made 15!
Except it was out of 25 attempts.

If you have a solid mechanical, repeatable process - shooting FTs with eyes closed is possible.

Great job Ace!

Credentials: I won a FT contest in 6th grade going 15-15 at our local Knight Of Columbus basketball league.

Do you have any eligibility left? Some of our guys shoot <40% from the free throw line.

Do you have any eligibility left? Some of our guys shoot <40% from the free throw line.

At the town pool, there is a couple basketball courts connected.
Being that I'm usually in flip flops - I can't really move around and shoot much.

When I take a break from the kids and shoot for a bit, I end up mostly shooting FTs over and over (in sandals and a bathing suit).

This summer I'm going to start actively packing sneakers so I can actually shoot around.

Reactions: Scarlet83
I watched...like a video game on offense.
If he buys in on D, and is in shape his length could erase a lot of problems.

Now that Gavin has figured D out a little his length has helped him fix mistakes. I'd think Ace is a +4-5 inches on gavin in reach AND Ace can probably jump quite a bit quicker than Gavin.

All you have to do is move an eyebrow and Ace right now is jumping right now. Thank goodness RU doesn't play Sam Young from Pitt any more.

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
It is truly incredible that guys who practice FTs as much as they do can’t hit 70%.
Crazier than that until last game we were 61% at home and 78% on the road. It is totally mental and losing focus and concentration for the repetitive release

Reactions: G- RUnit
I can’t see the Rutgers fanbase liking these types of antics if they don’t like players even having fun on the bench.

I can’t see the Rutgers fanbase liking these types of antics if they don’t like players even having fun on the bench.
Is everything always negative in your world?

I see a kid with almost unlimited potential compared to what we generally have experienced at RU. If he performs like this at the RAC, the fanbase will be frenzied regardless of if he barks a few times a game after hitting shots.

Every home game will be show time with Bailey and Harper on the court.Fans will see shot making not seen at the RAC in decades.

Not only that - they will likely draw a significant amount of defensive attention. Whoever is manning the wing as well as the pivot when they both are on the floor will be the benefactor of getting a significant amount of open opportunities.

My kids CYO basketball team shot 14-18 in one game this weekend and 12-15 in another...

Reactions: Scarlet83

Great job Ace!

60% from the line - do you have any eligibility left?

• Haha
Reactions: NickRU714
Is everything always negative in your world?

I see a kid with almost unlimited potential compared to what we generally have experienced at RU. If he performs like this at the RAC, the fanbase will be frenzied regardless of if he barks a few times a game after hitting shots.
It was a joke

I made 20 in a row last week warming up

Game scenarios are much different though. I'm sure most of these players are good FT shooters in practice

I know man. I’m loathe to criticize any of the guys as I lack the talent and discipline to have been anywhere near what these guys do

Ace's team will be playing for a state title sometime this weekend against Grayson H S. They will be significant underdogs as Grayson is not only undefeated but has won every game by double digits. Including a 17 point win over Maceachern early in the season. I found out all of this information by watching the local news one night on a Fox affiliate. The networks down here give far more coverage to high school sports.

They’ll like it if we win. If we lose every antic will dissected to figure out why the coaching was bad and the effort was poor. As it ever was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT