ADVERTISEMENT

After Tonight...

MCKnight2004

Senior
Oct 25, 2012
All of us who wish we will play in a pre season tournament or tougher non conference opponents, we can DEF forget that...we will continue beating up low majors at the RAC in the garden state showcase, considering Pikes thoughts on this St Bonny Game. Post game radio spot he actually called it a road game, and a home game for them...did u see how empty it was?? And then called it

“most dangerous game of the season”

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I think the opposite...these crappy home games at the RAC are a detriment to the team because there is a false sense of security that they can turn it on at any time....this game level of play wasnt unlike the Bryant and Drexel games just against a better opponent.

I want RU to play n a 3 team tourney away from the rac next year or start off on the road...these games do not help IMO

Bac- I agree with you. Better competition makes the team better. However, Pike disagrees, he thinks B1G conf 20 games is brutal, knows RU needs wins and next year he will def need wins and a winning record. So it will be more Of the same patsy home schedule Plus @SHU, @UMASS, ACC and BIg East Challenge games at home. That’s already too tough for Pike

I think Pikiell has many strengths... however I think he also has many weaknesses and compounds that but being blind to those weaknesses.

His scheduling is one of them. I think he actually thinks the way he schedules is the ideal way to do it.

I think Pikiell has many strengths... however I think he also has many weaknesses and compounds that but being blind to those weaknesses.

His scheduling is one of them. I think he actually thinks the way he schedules is the ideal way to do it.
He knows a bad win-loss record calls his tenure into question.

All of us who wish we will play in a pre season tournament or tougher non conference opponents, we can DEF forget that...we will continue beating up low majors at the RAC in the garden state showcase, considering Pikes thoughts on this St Bonny Game. Post game radio spot he actually called it a road game, and a home game for them...did u see how empty it was?? And then called it

I was there, and it was most definitely a home game for them. Less than a 3 hour drive they had about 1k fans vs our 40. They were loud the whole time and since nobody else was there, it had an impact. It was in essence a home game for them for sure.

Reactions: RU MAN
Fair, but 1K fans vs their normal on campus home
Arena which they say is very tough to play at, is a big difference. Which by the way, Ohio and Vermont beat them at their true home.... If we aren’t better than Ohio or Vermont, and can’t beat an 0-3 A10 team in that neutral site environment what are we doing here??

Not justifying the loss but Vermont is a real good team. I also happen to like Ohio’s coach who replaced Pike at Stony Brook and beat us at the RAC which was quite embarrassing. Jeff Boals. He just went to Ohio his alma mater. Was Thad Mottas top assistsnt at Ohio State.

I will defend Pikiell on scheduling because he knows how difficult wins will be in the B1G for a Rutgers team that still lacks consistent scorers .At the same time its alarming the difficulty Rutgers has this year and past years in dominating mediocre out of conference opponents.After four games ,opponents have figured out Rutgers weakness is out side shooting and thus play zone defense.Rutgers doesn't respond because they lack shooters from the corners and ball movement to attack a zone.

On defense Rutgers appears to play tough defense for 20 seconds and then opponents wear them out with crisp passing / ball movement resulting in open 3 pointers or dribble drives for easy baskets.This is all occurring against mediocre out of conference opponents.

In the end it all comes back to recruiting and player development.Competing in a power conference there is no place to hide weaknesses and in Rutgers case even against lower competition.

The goal remains a winning season which will be harder to achieve losing to opponents like St.Bonaventure who didn't even have their best player on the court.

People bashing the schedule, please keep in mind this was supposed to be South Carolina. We also got knocked from the Gavitt games. That’s two big blows to the schedule. Seton Hall, Pitt, South Carolina, and a Big East team is not terrible. On top of that, we play 18 Big Ten games. People talk about how bad our schedule is, yet our SOS is always pretty darn high. Don’t get me wrong, I do get the frustration, but please keep some of that in mind.

People bashing the schedule, please keep in mind this was supposed to be South Carolina. We also got knocked from the Gavitt games. That’s two big blows to the schedule. Seton Hall, Pitt, South Carolina, and a Big East team is not terrible. On top of that, we play 18 Big Ten games. People talk about how bad our schedule is, yet our SOS is always pretty darn high. Don’t get me wrong, I do get the frustration, but please keep some of that in mind.

the non conference sos last year was 305

But ignoring the BIG conference with two extra games. Throw those two in and....

He knows a bad win-loss record calls his tenure into question.

Most people aren't stupid. They know that our OOC is ridiculous. Stockpiling wins against bad teams does nothing (that's assuming we are even capable of doing that).

Reactions: CaptBob
the non conference sos last year was 305
My point is we play 18 conference games and our overall strength of schedule was fine last year. I would like then to play better teams, but they looked terrible against St. John’s and Seton Hall last year. We beat Miami, but we also looked like crap against them. So what’s the point? You get two early conference games mixed in December. Maybe we’re not good

We are in the Big Ten. VERY rarely should we be playing an on campus game at a non big time school. How often does Indiana play at Ball State or Maryland play at Towson or Illinois play at Western Illinois.

We are in the Big Ten. VERY rarely should we be playing an on campus game at a non big time school. How often does Indiana play at Ball State or Maryland play at Towson or Illinois play at Western Illinois.
Rutgers played St.Bonaventure in Toronto not at their campus in upstate NY.

Most people aren't stupid. They know that our OOC is ridiculous. Stockpiling wins against bad teams does nothing (that's assuming we are even capable of doing that).
Those who analyze - sure. But the W-L column always holds weight regardless of SOS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT