ADVERTISEMENT

The RAC audience for the Stonehill Game.

LeapinLou

Heisman Winner
Jul 25, 2001
TKR message board members are justifiably disappointed in the play on the court. But there is very little chatter about what we had off the court.

The event itself was quite a metamorphosis from the late December games against mid-majors in the past. The building is usually half empty and the student section dead. But this was nearly a sellout with crazy students. The crowd was so loud trying to rally RU back that there were times when I couldn't hear the whistle or figure out if the ball was dead or alive. Then you have Lathan Sommerville, Ace Bailey, and both Harpers watching the game in the corner of the arena and it was quite an event.

I'm not sure how the RAC will be for the rest of this season but next year it's going to be an insane asylum. I may seriously consider bringing ear plugs like I normally do for a rock concert. It's going to be Louisville 2006 x 19 games.

TKR message board members are justifiably disappointed in the play on the court. But there is very little chatter about what we had off the court.

The event itself was quite a metamorphosis from the late December games against mid-majors in the past. The building is usually half empty and the student section dead. But this was nearly a sellout with crazy students. The crowd was so loud trying to rally RU back that there were times when I couldn't hear the whistle or figure out if the ball was dead or alive. Then you have Lathan Sommerville, Ace Bailey, and both Harpers watching the game in the corner of the arena and it was quite an event.

I'm not sure how the RAC will be for the rest of this season but next year it's going to be an insane asylum. I may seriously consider bringing ear plugs like I normally do for a rock concert. It's going to be Louisville 2006 x 19 games.
That is why additional seating is needed for the RAC as higher level recruits are on the Rutgers roster.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Sorry… there were very few students there outside of the pep band, Section was full but they were not R U students.
I was surprised at the actual number of fans though, I expected 4500-5000,

Sorry… there were very few students there outside of the pep band, Section was full but they were not R U students.
I was surprised at the actual number of fans though, I expected 4500-5000,
They were members of the youth cheerleading organization and their families. Was a smart move by Rutgers to do that promotion for this game. students are all gone.

Reactions: Kbee3 and Unionst
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT