ADVERTISEMENT

Ajani Sheppard

Dude give it up you know absolutely nothing about football
Be a man admit you are wrong
Even Jake Butt could not help but point out the difference in the game with the 2 worst QB’s in the big 10 was the QB play
Stop living in fantasy land
I gave you a chance and you came up with Jake Butt. We ran the ball for a total of 52 yds. But it was all the QBs fault.

I like Sheppard, he looked good against Wagner. That’s why I’m glad for his sake he wasn’t brought into a road game with an amped up crowd against Iowa’s first team defense. Setting him up for failure isn’t developing him.

Maybe if it had been 40-0 and subs were out there it would have been a good spot for him.
wouldn't have done worse and you need to develop your guys. Gav is not it, said this from almost day 1 and people wanted to harp on his qbr and other bs. our coaches suck, we'll never get to where we could be with a guy that describes his job as 'risk manager'

Dude give it up you know absolutely nothing about football
Be a man admit you are wrong
Even Jake Butt could not help but point out the difference in the game with the 2 worst QB’s in the big 10 was the QB play
Stop living in fantasy land
he knows less than nothing if you can imagine that

• Haha
Reactions: socaldave
I gave you a chance and you came up with Jake Butt. We ran the ball for a total of 52 yds. But it was all the QBs fault.
You know nothing you are not worth arguing with I already expressed my position even reposted it your beginning to make yourself a fool

You know nothing you are not worth arguing with I already expressed my position even reposted it your beginning to make yourself a fool
I’m sorry. I must have missed your position. Why do you think GW lost us the game when we couldn’t run the ball and the OL made crucial mistakes on key downs?

Reactions: Knight Shift
It's to the point of having to try something else - not should we try something else. RU is 6-4 in spite of GW, not due to his play. Give someone else a shot. If it's Sheppard so be it. Or Simon. Today I saw some of the worst throws I have ever seen - no chance of being completed, almost like he was throwing the ball away but he wasn't.

Nothing sums up today's dismal performance more than the third and seven, with the game close and RU needing a spark, and GW wasn't't ready for the snap. The line moved with the snap so it appears it was the correct snap. Watching the GW led offense today was like watching paint dry, only more painful. It was obvious early on that KM didn't have it today (he was listed as questionable for the game so something was not right with him). It was time for GW, our 4 star recruit who has been in the program for more than 2 and a half years now, to step up, and make some plays. Not even dominate and take total control (although that would have been good), just make a few plays and give your team a chance. Really not asking too much.
Yup pull some of those hand off reads. Run it

I’m sorry. I must have missed your position. Why do you think GW lost us the game when we couldn’t run the ball and the OL made crucial mistakes on key downs.

Because we have no passing game. His position is QB but the reality is that in effect he’s only a second RB in the backfield who throws occasionally to try to keep the defense honest. Once we need to pass in a game to match scoring, it’s time to warm up the team bus.

Last edited:
I’m sorry. I must have missed your position. Why do you think GW lost us the game when we couldn’t run the ball and the OL made crucial mistakes on key downs?
Ok, as I said stop making a fool of yourself

Ok, as I said stop making a fool of yourself
more foolishness from me. 1st drive in plus territory 3rd and 2 followed by 2 false starts to kill the drive. 1st series in the 2nd half in plus territory 4th and 1 followed by false start. Johnny Football accounted for 2 of those false starts. GW was 7/13 for 93 yds at the end of 3rd Q.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
And you prob thought Gary Nova was terrible too. And Mike Teel before him. Our guys get better as they get older. We are developmental program. If there's a QB without flaws they're not picking Rutgers at this stage. 95 % of QBs have major flaws. It is what it is.
Nova was flawed and inconsistent until he got real coaching from Friedgen. He corrected flaws that went uncorrected for several seasons and actually taught him how to play the position, something the multiple OCs before him did not do. RU under Schiano has been a development program at every other position except QB.

we are not a developmental program. you guys need to get better standards

we've discussed this already, anyone saying we're developmental is clueless

what we are is a team that in handicapped by ineffective coaching and an awful qb

more foolishness from me. 1st drive in plus territory 3rd and 2 followed by 2 false starts to kill the drive. 1st series in the 2nd half in plus territory 4th and 1 followed by false start. Johnny Football accounted for 2 of those false starts. GW was 7/13 for 93 yds at the end of 3rd Q.
Stop

Let me make a fool of myself some more. 1st half, GW 5/8 75 yds, RU 32 rushing yds. Who is not pulling their weight here?
Stop
Because we have no passing game. His position is QB but the reality is that in effect he’s only a second RB in the backfield who throws occasionally to try to keep the defense honest. Once we need to pass in a game to match scoring, it’s time to warm up the team bus.
He can’t run either-3 yards rushing today and soon as he get touched he falls down

Reactions: ScarletDave
He’s usually decent on designed runs and today except for the 3rd and 1 false start on Langan where he would have run right and gotten an easy first down they didn’t try to run him.

The strategy was to run clock and win field position against an expected weaker offense but Iowa executed too well. And once they were down two scores it was over. The strategy busted today.

Reactions: newell138
Wasn’t the big play a 5 yard out Strong broke a tackle and gained 29 yards

Dremel had to jump as high as he could on 2 of his catches.

And when it was still a game he threw a horrendous pass to Washington who was wide open over the middle with no middle LB in sight

Reactions: RutgersNo1
I don’t think Schiano expected to need much offense today and the playcalling reflected that until we were forced to pass playing catch up….and by then it was predictable and easily defended.

Nova was flawed and inconsistent until he got real coaching from Friedgen. He corrected flaws that went uncorrected for several seasons and actually taught him how to play the position, something the multiple OCs before him did not do. RU under Schiano has been a development program at every other position except QB.
Dead on accurate - Nova matured exponentially under the Fridge. He was stagnant until then

Reactions: Knight Shift
Maybe you should stop being a baiting jerk and repeating the he knows nothing and calling him a fool and address the run game and the shitty play calling by Kirk.

You seem to be the the who knows nothing, so take a look in the mirror. Was GW part of the problem? Absolutely, his play was not good. But the offensive play calling was worse.

Just to add on, Gavin is not really a good runner unless he gets an open field. You're not going to do a qb slide at the line of scrimmage and in traffic he can neither juke or hit the hole hard, rather he waits to be hit and goes down with no forward push.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Wasn’t the big play a 5 yard out Strong broke a tackle and gained 29 yards

Dremel had to jump as high as he could on 2 of his catches.

And when it was still a game he threw a horrendous pass to Washington who was wide open over the middle with no middle LB in sight
The big play was on a 3rd and 6 after another false start. The ball was so accurate, it hit Strong between his numbers with a defender all over him. We all know his flaws. But this game was not on him. No run game and too many penalties from OL.

Not going to dump on any of our players; their play is what it is. We don't seem to be improving on whatever skills they struggle with.

BUT, yesterday was an opportunity to get other QBs some live snaps. We weren't going to magically solve their defense, so once we were down by 2+ scores it would seem beneficial, as a development program, to send some players in for game action.

Change the result? Nope. In fact, possible the final score ends up worse. But, never a bad idea to have players gain game experience before an injury requires it.
Weird idea, I know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT