ADVERTISEMENT

AK: Apologies if repeat thread

zebnatto

All Conference
May 7, 2008
I’d swear there was a thread dedicated to Kaliakmanis earlier but now I can’t find it so what is left to say my peace in the new thread. Basically, my question for those who are criticizing AK is who did you think we were getting in this year? Did you think it was Peyton Manning? AK had a good game today, the kind of game which Wimsatt would’ve been totally in capable of producing. The loss is frustrating, I understand that as well as anyone. But anyone who hammers Kaliakmanis for his interception or for passes that may have been off target is just looking for a scapegoat or one more thing to be critical of. He put up 287 passing yards and Rutgers scored 32 points. He’s a middle of the pack B1G quarterback.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I don't think anyone is blaming anyone on the offense or rather they shouldn't be. This was a total failure by the defense and our head coach being a defensive guy gets all the blame. Beginning of second half press man worked and we stopped them, only problem, we never did it again. Our guys can not figure out who to pick up in a zone. They just let them run past their face and nobody picks up the TE/WR. We play zone to avoid giving up big plays but they're still happening.

Reactions: rurichdog
The defense was 100% of the problem today.

We have a segment of fans who blame the QB no matter what happens.

The real question is why the defense played wonderfully the first 5 games and then melted down the last 2. The coaches didn't stay in Nebraska.

Reactions: drewbagel423
Don't know what NIRH means. I'm the OP and never used the word "blame." I used "criticizing." But in the other AK thread, which may have existed only in my head, there was plenty of criticism of AK.

He means me and apparently is mad I agreed with you lol

Don't know what NIRH means. I'm the OP and never used the word "blame." I used "criticizing." But in the other AK thread, which may have existed only in my head, there was plenty of criticism of AK.

I replied to a reply to a post by NotInRHouse.. that is NIRH. You may, wisely, have him on ignore.

Criticism and blame are on two different levels. Sure.. AK does not do everything well.. doesn't look off receivers, doesn't scramble to throw, his short throws were ridiculously off-target. But he played great today, overall. No one can blame him for the loss.

Reactions: mdk01

The real question is why the defense played wonderfully the first 5 games and then melted down the last 2. The coaches didn't stay in Nebraska.
Better opponents.

The defense played wonderfully the first 5 games? Did you see 2nd half of Va Tech and the Washington game? Lol..

This was a top 15 defense last year. They have sucked since game 3 quarter 3.;

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT