ADVERTISEMENT

Also Receiving Votes

RUClassof67

All American
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2004
Although this was mentioned in a different thread, I thought it deserved a thread of its own considering the crazy turnaround from last years 0-5 start. It's only 3 votes but that's a start.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings/_/poll/1/week/3/seasontype/2

I hope some of those who have been critical of CVS and AD PH's contract extension for her will come out to some games this year to see this team. They press for 40 minutes; they shoot 3's (26 of them Sunday vs Wake) and they score, averaging 75.5 ppg so far this year and as usual they play the tenacious CVS defense.

They play in a Thanksgiving tournament in Florida starting Friday unfortunately opening against defending NCAA Champion South Carolina. Hopefully they shock the world and upset the GameCocks. But win or lose they get 3 games in 3 days down there. Great tournament experience.

Hope to see you all at the RAC. Next home game is Thursday November 30 against NC State.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the team performance so far with the wins on the road and scoring over 70 points per game.While playing South Carolina will be a early reality check hopefully Rutgers can win the two other tournament games .

Who are the other teams in the tournament in addition to RU, and USCe?

Thanks.

Here are the other teams:

St. John’s
Western Michigan
South Florida
Washington State
Notre Dame
East Tennessee

In the second round, RU gets either St. John's or Western Michigan. In the third round, RU gets one of the other four teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT