ADVERTISEMENT

Another embarrassing performance so far

Value-added insight and analysis!

...I think I’ll wait until bac’s...at least he puts thought into it...

Reactions: shields
... bac too busy typing no quid pro quo on the current event board over and over again. ;)

how can bac and i share most of the same hoop thoughts and apparently on opposite sides of the spectrum politically?

... because he's smarter than you?:Wink:

Well, as Agent Orange has proven, if you lie often enough, said lie becomes an 'alternative fact', which then becomes a 'presidential seal of approval fact' to some or 'from the mouths of presidents fiction' to those actually paying attention. The truth should never be a volume-based pursuit. Anywho, I digress...

May be time to bring in the softball coach for some tough love.

images

Reactions: Christian0007
The correct term is extortion but why do people keep bringing up politics? Please f'n stoppppp

Get yer hot takes!
Honestly, can’t judge this team after every game and decide if they are a tourney team or a disaster. Going to be non conf and a boy through the B1G schedule before
1) they shorten the rotation
2) decide on the team roles
3) get a flow going

3-0 with growing pains. So embarrassing! Almost as embarrassing as losing to Evansville.

It's not an embarrassing performance, I think Drexel and Bryant, both 2-2, are better than their preseason prediction and the weak opponent Niagara was a blowout. Future non conference opponents are looking stronger than expected so far...

St. Bonnie's (0-3) but all 3 games quality opponents
Ohio, Vt. And Siena
SF Austin (3-0) weak opponents, beat Niagara 89-80 but will play Duke after us
NJIT (1-2) W @Cornell, L- Prov, Colgate
UMass(3-0) wins over UMass-Lowell, Fairfield and NE
Pitt (2-1) wins over RM, FSU and loss Nicholls St
Seton Hall (2-0) W Wagner, SB
Lafayette (2-1) Ws Columbia, Princeton and Loss St Francis-NY

No need mentioning Caldwell. I think our non conference will turn out more competitive than what we thought before the season. We will see.

Reactions: BillyC80
Opponent KenPom improvement or regression so far:

Bryant +44
Niagara -5
Drexel +2
St. Bonaventure -37
Stephen F. Austin +21
NJIT -19
UMass +36
Pitt -4
Seton Hall -1
Lafayette +15

Bryant, SFA, and UMass up significantly. Lafayette up somewhat. Bonnies down significantly, NJIT down somewhat. Four basically unchanged.

Opponent KenPom improvement or regression so far:

Bryant +44
Niagara -5
Drexel +2
St. Bonaventure -37
Stephen F. Austin +21
NJIT -19
UMass +36
Pitt -4
Seton Hall -1
Lafayette +15

Bryant, SFA, and UMass up significantly. Lafayette up somewhat. Bonnies down significantly, NJIT down somewhat. Four basically unchanged.

If bart is in line with kenpom (too cheap to get kenpom)
Drexel got a +12 from RU
Bryant got a +11 from RU

What many are not addressing here? We tried the full court press last night again as we did against Bryant and that will take time to learn. Instead of getting many steals and going on runs; we are using significant energy and it's not helping us as of yet. I think this experience "will help" so I completely understand why we are doing it. In the Niagra game we played much like last year with aggressive half court defense and I think that helped our offense.

The front court is definitely an issue and it starts with Johnson. He has to refine his game in the post and finish. Going to be a huge issue against an OSU and Purdue.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Get yer hot takes!
Honestly, can’t judge this team after every game and decide if they are a tourney team or a disaster. Going to be non conf and a boy through the B1G schedule before
1) they shorten the rotation
2) decide on the team roles
3) get a flow going
As I recall last year they got better and better as the season went on.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
The front court is definitely an issue and it starts with Johnson. He has to refine his game in the post and finish. Going to be a huge issue against an OSU and Purdue.

No he doesn't.

He has IMMENSE value to this team just based on the fact that he is our only shot blocker (sorry Geo :WideSmile:)

In a perfect world he is posting up, scoring, offensive rebounding etc. and being a force defensively. Doing all that stuff on the offensive side does take energy and it will decrease the amount of effective minutes he can play on the defensive end.

I don't know what the solution is. What i do know is hands down, on this team, Myles Johnson is our most important person on the defensive end. The more minutes he gives us the better we are. If that means sacrificing some of what he can give us offensively I think it is a good sacrifice.

We held Drexel to like 31% on 2-point baskets. Interior defense is not one of my top 5 concerns at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT