ADVERTISEMENT

Ogbole

Salvi's Headband

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2006
I just saw the clip of the stomp/trip. That's a very bad look and he was fortunate not to be ejected. Hopefully Pike talks to him. Embarrassing for the team....he's not in community college anymore. There are cameras!

He wasn't good but Sunday is another game. Wipe this one off the books at he adjusts to the game at this level and shakes off the rust from being out.

Pike should suspend him for the next game but he enabled Mulcahy's embarrassing antics for years so not getting my hopes up

I'm not going to blame the refs, but I'm going to say they contributed to his frustration. You've got to be smart enough to know that on your 4th game you're not going to get even calls against NW's all time leading scorer. I've done it. You've done it. But, it's not smart. I had it a flag 2.
No way he sits for even a minute over it. Pikes will tell him to keep save his kick saves for the hockey rink and be over it.

Major bush league move, and he didn't see the court after that. Guarantee it that Pike has already spoken with him about it, and it wasn't a very pleasant "conversation" for Ogbole. He knew he screwed up and his body language and facial expression on the bench showed that he felt it.

Reactions: BillyC80
On the broadcast the announcers said that Ogbole is up to an absolutely massive 290lbs

Off topic but he's a big strong kid but again looks like he's never played basketball before with his movements and mannerisms. As raw as you can be. We def need a transfer Center next season.

Not justifying what he did, but I think he got roughed up a little and taken down by two of their guys on the rebound (it was on my end of the floor). That led to the temper tantrum. Have to control your emotions better, but the NW guys weren't choirboys out there last night either.

It wasn't much of a "stomp", but still a flagrant, flagant 1 was the right call.
No, it was def an ejection. There was intent to injure and he didn't make a basketball move. He slid his ass over and stomped on the back of the leg of a player on the ground. Easy ejection.

Glad the NW dude was ok. Ridiculous thing to do, especially towards the end of a close, important game.

Reactions: FMT

Off topic but he's a big strong kid but again looks like he's never played basketball before with his movements and mannerisms. As raw as you can be. We def need a transfer Center next season.
Absolutely, Ogbole is nothing more than the 3rd option next year no matter all the recency bias that afflicts the boards. He likely will become the 3rd option now after yesterday because as the competition level goes up his warts show more and more.

Pike no different than any other coach. Leaves the discipline in the hands of the refs and the league.

Not a knock…when in Rome.

It was a dumb play and flagrant. Would have been OK with either a 1 or 2. He didn't stomp him "hard". There was barely any force behind it. If Ogbole wanted to hurt someone, he easily could

Pike no different than any other coach. Leaves the discipline in the hands of the refs and the league.

Not a knock…when in Rome.
I don't know about that. I've seen flagrants against us but haven't seen too much the other way. I think it more depends on the players and personalities you have and you recruit. Some discipline has to be kept in order to have a successful team otherwise the train will go off the rails.

It was a dumb play and flagrant. Would have been OK with either a 1 or 2. He didn't stomp him "hard". There was barely any force behind it. If Ogbole wanted to hurt someone, he easily could
A flagrant 1 is: excessive in nature or unnecessary or avoidable

A flagrant 2 is excessive in nature or unnecessary or avoidable...and brutal, harsh, cruel, dangerous or punishing.

Doesn't have to be hard, I think that's dangerous enough to even make that attempt. That could have ended in a tendon rupture or sprain.

Regardless, we got away with one but I'm sure he's on the radar for upcoming games.

This is what I see also - the “stomp” is a little over exaggerated- I was at the game and did not see it live - I was picturing what had happened to Vedral. That being said I would have been ok with a 2.

Reactions: Scangg
Drama Queens unite here in this thread minus a few who are thinking clearly.

That was not a stomp. He was still on the ground and kicked at the guy who just frustrated him. Bad decision and Pike did the right thing.

End scene, Drama class over and Mike dropped.
Agree. Stupid by Ogbole but no need to self-impose punishment. Minnesota has a big front line, we’ll need Ogbole available Sunday

He is extremely raw. Good space filler but don't see him as anymore than a third center ever.

Eric Dixon or Zach Freemantle should be priority targets if they enter the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT