ADVERTISEMENT

Rapid Reaction - Penn State

Degaz-RU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2002
I don’t have the heart right now to do a big post. After going up by 12-5 at the 12:38 mark of the first half, we got thoroughly destroyed by a terrible Penn State team missing its best player, on the road where they were 0-8 before tonight, outscored 56-34 the rest of the way.

In a pantheon of bad basketball we’ve seen on the Banks, this was probably the most pathetic performance I’ve ever seen.

Absolutely DISGUSTING and EMBARRASSING performance, and I fear that our recruiting class will crumble if this type of play continues.

Good night, I’m done and cannot bear to read any more posts about this awful, eye gouging game.

Rapid reaction -- Rutgers fans finally figure out that the Coaching really is not that good.

Next game. Just get this season over with.

• Haha
Reactions: tm_nj
Even in our really bad years, we had a “guy”. Myles Mack. Corey Sanders. This team has no “guy”.
I was thinking this too. Sanders had his bad games, sure, but he was electric. When he was on, he could do whatever he wanted. There isn’t a single guy on this roster who even when on, can get their shot whenever they want.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Terrible. Austin Williams, he gets fouled and I can't get excited. You know he will miss a foul shot.
Or heady senior? commits an offensive foul without the ball at half court to start the 2nd half. Missed crucial foul shots in 2nd half.

Rutgers can't shoot, protect the rock, or rebound. Otherwise we looked great tonight.

Reactions: Kbee3
Rapid reaction -- Rutgers fans finally figure out that the Coaching really is not that good.

Next game. Just get this season over with.
Been saying it for several years, and taking a lot of abuse here for saying it. He's as bad as there is in the league.

What happens when a below average team with no go to player and no leader has a really off night? See Rutgers 1/31/24.....very depressing. Team couldn't even give the fans an opportunity to get into it tonight. Throw the tape on this one out - NEXT.

Reactions: satnom and Kbee3
Been saying it for several years, and taking a lot of abuse here for saying it. He's as bad as there is in the league.
Prior to this year and just basing it on the past 4 years I do not know how anyone could come to this conclusion.

Reactions: goru7
I don’t have the heart right now to do a big post. After going up by 12-5 at the 12:38 mark of the first half, we got thoroughly destroyed by a terrible Penn State team missing its best player, on the road where they were 0-8 before tonight, outscored 56-34 the rest of the way.

In a pantheon of bad basketball we’ve seen on the Banks, this was probably the most pathetic performance I’ve ever seen.

Absolutely DISGUSTING and EMBARRASSING performance, and I fear that our recruiting class will crumble if this type of play continues.

Good night, I’m done and cannot bear to read any more posts about this awful, eye gouging game.
Are you the Scarlet Faithful YouTube guy with the rapid reactions? Are you seriously worried about Ace and Dylan decommitting? Damn. We are in more trouble than I thought.

Reactions: Treaster51

Your point of view is shared by many Rutgers fans.Penn State stinks yet they looked like a team that at least can execute basic fundamentals.Rutgers playground basketball doesn't work with a squad full of complementary type players.Very few players should return next season.

Reactions: RutgersClassof2004

dont worry about it, feel the same way, that performance by players and coaches was not worthy of a recap or the fans support tonight packing the rac

two bright positives were that our 2 freshmen shot the ball fairly well and looked the part....and they are the guys coming back. They will need more and more minutes

Reactions: shields
It's happened a couple times now at home... Tonight and Michigan last year come to mind.. we get off to decent starts, crowd is amped... and then we can't hit a free throw. It kills the crowd, players get frustrated, and it snowballs.

I know it's far from the whole story, but it's a thing.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
Disagree. Simpson can get a shot off whenever he wants. He just can't hit it.
Simpson gets his shot off because other teams desperately want him to shoot the ball, and will let him do so all day long until he shows he shoot better than 30% from the field.

Simpsons attempt late in the game after stealing a psu inbound was pathetic beyond belief trying to make a layup falling away from the basket with 2 guys on him

It's happened a couple times now at home... Tonight and Michigan last year come to mind.. we get off to decent starts, crowd is amped... and then we can't hit a free throw. It kills the crowd, players get frustrated, and it snowballs.

I know it's far from the whole story, but it's a thing.
@zaapa mentioned this too. Fans wildly overrate the value of the crowd. This team can’t shoot, there is nothing the crowd can do to fix it.

Sad thing is, when PSU started 1 for 7 shooting and RU built their early 8 point lead (or so I think?), I said to myself damn this PSU team is bad. Little did I know. 😭

Watched the end of the Purdue NW game. Then Rutgers came on.
There was a huge drop off in the look and feel of the product. Watching RU was like watching some club team or charity event. Why are players wearing white leggings? PSU was terrible too. Both looked and played what looks like disorganized street ball.

Watched the end of the Purdue NW game. Then Rutgers came on.
There was a huge drop off in the look and feel of the product. Watching RU was like watching some club team or charity event. Why are players wearing white leggings? PSU was terrible too. Both looked and played what looks like disorganized street ball.
Yup - it was definitely a race to the bottom, and we came through with flying colors (which included a green towel on a white and red stripe out day - which could only be the brainchild of somebody held at gunpoint and fed some bad acid OR the person who drew up our offensive gameplan for the night)

Yup - it was definitely a race to the bottom, and we came through with flying colors (which included a green towel on a white and red stripe out day - which could only be the brainchild of somebody held at gunpoint and fed some bad acid OR the person who drew up our offensive gameplan for the night)
You think we had an offensive game plan.
Hah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT