ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Antwone Woolfolk showcases potential against Rider

For people wondering if his success will "translate" to better competition, I would say that, if you look at the athletic and intelligent plays he's making, you just KNOW it will translate.

Does that mean he will go 8 and 8 every night? Of course not. But he will help this team A LOT, rather than just being "filler" or 5 fouls until Cliff can get rest and come back in.

The thing you have to really like are his feet, gets very good position from rebounding perspective, really good on his angles and squaring up, small sample but better than cliff with his footwork. Cliff’s athletic ability bails him out, re his foot work, one area Cliff really needs to improve. Woolfolk has the frame to add 20-25 lbs of muscle, reminds me of a young Trayvon Williams but is lighter on his feet

Reactions: BillyC80 and Scangg
He lost 10 lbs. since coming to RUTGERS and is noticeably faster up and down the court. Also looks like an improved player overall through the first few games. When Pike is talking to him on the sidelines, he comports himself like a FB player with strict, focused attention to the coach. Great frosh so far, with plenty of upside.

The thing you have to really like are his feet, gets very good position from rebounding perspective, really good on his angles and squaring up, small sample but better than cliff with his footwork. Cliff’s athletic ability bails him out, re his foot work, one area Cliff really needs to improve. Woolfolk has the frame to add 20-25 lbs of muscle, reminds me of a young Trayvon Williams but is lighter on his feet
He moves like a small forward, kinda glides in a smooth way. Extremely coordinated. Cliff has learned to keep the ball high above his head on rebounds, and Woolf will get better at that soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT