ADVERTISEMENT

Any HS coaches on this board? Opinions on rumored candidates?

Really good point. He is doing an outstanding job there, and is very passionate about it. He is the reason we lost kids to them. His recruiting pitches are elite.

@gef21
(Or anyone else)

Based on the above conversation, if Schiano overshoots on his demands, any chance we build a killer NJ recruiting staff and make Anthony Camp HC, Fran Brown DC, and Nunz OC?

If not, who would be on your ideal RU staff?

Thanks for your opinion.

Feeling in North Jersey is that Schiano makes a lot of sense. Honestly I don’t think any top tier candidates are going to want to come here.
Feeling is that Schiano is a safe bet but is he comes back then he should go all in on NJ. Bring A. Camp back, keep Nunzio, bring in Teal, etc.

Moorhead- not sure if he is the product of superior talent at Miss State. Watch a game or two and he doesn’t do anything innovative.

Butch Jones would be my second choice. Would bring credibility and would be able to build a staff.

If we have to go to a Plan B list then Mike Elko would be on the top of current coordinators.

Reactions: BoogieKnight
@gef21
(Or anyone else)

Based on the above conversation, if Schiano overshoots on his demands, any chance we build a killer NJ recruiting staff and make Anthony Camp HC, Fran Brown DC, and Nunz OC?

If not, who would be on your ideal RU staff?

Thanks for your opinion.
Mike leach and the camps.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I love him.

If I didn't have a family id try to be on his staff as anything. I would sleep in the office and be a GA.
Finally then one of our own would be part of the Leach tree and I wouldn’t have to beg anymore lol.

Mike leach and the camps.
That would be epic.
play-better-gif.gif

Interest was heavily expressed. We didn't not reciprocate.

That was when Julie was AD?

If so, I could imagine Leach letting loose with some great one liners in the interview.

The powers at be would not have gotten on with him well. And I think some NJ media would have not liked him either.

The powers at be would not have gotten on with him well. And I think some NJ media would have not liked him either.
People have to understand him. Read his book, Swing Your Sword. He is unique. Who goes to law school, foregoes practicing law, and starts as a coach in college football when he did not play the game in college?

Someone had posted here that a reason McNulty was let go was because he said mean things about players. If true, that may be a high hurdle for Leach to ever being considered.
Yeah I heard some rumors too. I actually have been spending so much time on the phone getting info about coaches interviewing I have not been digging at all on the Mcnulty situation.

All I have heard is that his play calls were starting to be questioned by a lot of people.

Yeah I heard some rumors too. I actually have been spending so much time on the phone getting info about coaches interviewing I have not been digging at all on the Mcnulty situation.

All I have heard is that his play calls were starting to be questioned by a lot of people.
His press conferences when forced to explain why the offense was sputtering were starting to remind me of this scene from Office Space:

Reactions: gef21

His play calling against Iowa was lazy and stupid. Overall he was the architect behind a brutally bad offense. And when things didn’t go well which was always he threw his players under the bus.

I'd bet he's champing at the bit to see what he can do with B1G money and new facilities. Plus Barchi's taking a hike.
That B1G money will be choked off as soon as the Star Ledger manure spreader inevitably gets cranked up. They won't even wait until he's turned things around this time. He probably knows this.

Someone had posted here that a reason McNulty was let go was because he said mean things about players. If true, that may be a high hurdle for Leach to ever being considered.

I never liked his play calling. Even during his first stint on the banks. I thought Ver Steeg was a much better OC and I was unhappy when he and GS had a falling out which opened the door for McNulty.

Reactions: Wolv RU and gef21

These same people (powers at be and NJ media") will not get along or like anyone in the position of head football coach at Rutgers. Trying to appease them is just wasting time and money.

Reactions: KevH

Well RU is the only pro or college team to ever give him an OC job.

I never liked his play calling. Even during his first stint on the banks. I thought Ver Steeg was a much better OC and I was unhappy when he and GS had a falling out which opened the door for McNulty.
Very much agree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT