ADVERTISEMENT

Are we going to be good again next season?

Let me confirm that yes, it is unreasonable to be disappointed in how this year turned out. No way was I expecting three AAs with two of them being freshman.

This year was pretty close to best case scenario...
Best case scenario would be Suriano and Rivera winning national championships, and Alvarez joining KT and JP as All-Americans. Best case scenario doesn't have to be likely or probable, just best case.

I'd say it's not unreasonable to be disappointed. Suriano never wrestling, Alvarez not making weight, 0-4 in duals, Seabass losing twice to Lee, still dysfunctional at heavyweight, Aguilar's regression, no tournament or national champions, etc. Were there good things too? Of course. But in total, one could rationally argue the season was disappointing. Next year might be very interesting though...

And here I was happy for the guys and the team until you made me realize just how disappointing a season it really was. For the record, I will keep this past season in my mind as a glass more than half full memory while you seem to be comfortable with a glass more than half empty approach.

Good morning! I’m so excited for RU Wrestling’s future and SKWC’s future. 3 AAs at the 2021 NCAAs was an historic Knight! Rivera, Poz & Turley‘s names will forever be in the RU Wrestling record books. I love the coaches & wrestlers. They work extremely hard & want to succeed at the highest level. It’s their blood, sweat & tears (not mine), so I am sure they are more disappointed than any fan when things don’t go 100% in a very grueling tournament.

To support RU Wrestling program, I am a (1) volunteer, giving my FREE time to the SKWC; (2) General Member of the SKWC (a $25 or $150/yr commitment); (3) PIN Pool Member for I don’t know how many years now, lost count (a $1 or $100+/pin commitment); (4) Boom Club Member of the SKWC; and (5) Supporter for RU Wrestling via RFund Athletics.

SKWC is a non-profit organization that provides necessary support to RU Wrestling that Rutgers University cannot. This support includes (but is not limited to) mentoring, supplementing coach salaries and paying for Resident Athletes. Resident Athletes are KEY as they wrestle with RU wrestlers so they can not only have different wrestling partners but wrestle against accomplished, high level wrestlers (Olympians, World Champions, etc.). Iron sharpens iron. That’s how the Top Elite programs you saw win a trophy at the NCAA’s do it. They have financially strong, fan supportive RTCs, like the SKWC. Every $$$$ counts. As you can see by the above, there are many ways to support SKWC.

Proud of RU Wrestling...keep grinding! We will also keep grinding to support you and continue to help get you there.

Have a great day!
Let’s goooooo, RU MBB, beat Houston!
Diane

I have volunteered, joined the Pin Pool, and been a member of SKWC for many years. I view the SKWC as a co-op or mutual structure. WE (the members, donors, etc.) are the owners of this organization. Each one of us makes a deposit that we are comfortable with, and enjoys the benefits. I always keep in mind that our organization has salaries and expenses to pay. It's a great time to be on board or get in. I truly believe that the great ride we have been on will continue for a long time. Many thanks to everyone for making this all possible. $$$$

Being the #1 team in the country is such a tough ask. Like 5 teams have won it in the last 30 years and aside from them, there’s about 4 more teams that have one it like once in the last 90 years.
Yup and only a handful of teams continue to outspend all the other schools by a country mile. It's an arm's race folks and we're simply playing with both arms tied around our backs. Anyone got $6mil. laying around burning a hole in their pocket. That's all it takes and you too can buy a National Championship. Till then be satisfied when we take Top 15, be happy when we take Top 10, be ecstatic when we take home a Team Trophy.

I promise you all. I win the lottery, I will personally buy who each top recruit in the country wants as a workout partner for their college career. That's how these top teams do it. Till then, I can only afford to buy our resident athletes lunch for the month.

I echo Diane’s 1-5 in involvement!
I told my wife when we retire this is something I would really like to get personally involved in, besides just giving money. Right now between running my Masonry Company, her working and the both of us running our Farm we just don't have the available time to devote to it.

Good morning! I’m so excited for RU Wrestling’s future and SKWC’s future. 3 AAs at the 2021 NCAAs was an historic Knight! Rivera, Poz & Turley‘s names will forever be in the RU Wrestling record books. I love the coaches & wrestlers. They work extremely hard & want to succeed at the highest level. It’s their blood, sweat & tears (not mine), so I am sure they are more disappointed than any fan when things don’t go 100% in a very grueling tournament.

To support RU Wrestling program, I am a (1) volunteer, giving my FREE time to the SKWC; (2) General Member of the SKWC (a $25 or $150/yr commitment); (3) PIN Pool Member for I don’t know how many years now, lost count (a $1 or $100+/pin commitment); (4) Boom Club Member of the SKWC; and (5) Supporter for RU Wrestling via RFund Athletics.

SKWC is a non-profit organization that provides necessary support to RU Wrestling that Rutgers University cannot. This support includes (but is not limited to) mentoring, supplementing coach salaries and paying for Resident Athletes. Resident Athletes are KEY as they wrestle with RU wrestlers so they can not only have different wrestling partners but wrestle against accomplished, high level wrestlers (Olympians, World Champions, etc.). Iron sharpens iron. That’s how the Top Elite programs you saw win a trophy at the NCAA’s do it. They have financially strong, fan supportive RTCs, like the SKWC. Every $$$$ counts. As you can see by the above, there are many ways to support SKWC.

Proud of RU Wrestling...keep grinding! We will also keep grinding to support you and continue to help get you there.

Have a great day!
Diane

just signed up!

Reactions: koleszar and rondi
Thanks, Judge! That’s awesome & greatly appreciated 👏. And thanks to ALL those who already donate to SKWC at ANY level!!

1-$6M donor would be fantastic. So is 1,200 $5k donors. So is 600 $10K donors. So is 240 $25K donors. So is 60 $100K donors. Or any combo! $25, $100, $250. Money is money and it all adds up! Takes a village. WE HAVE THE FANS!

We want to be the team behind R team. We want Championships & AAs! Let’s goooo SHARP AXE

Go RU!
Diane

Last edited:
Thanks, Judge! That’s awesome & greatly appreciated 👏. And thanks to ALL those who already donate at ANY level!!

1-$6M donor would be fantastic. So is 1,200 $5k donors. So is 600 $10K donors. So is 240 $25K donors. So is 60 $100K donors. Or any combo! Money is money. Takes a village. WE HAVE THE FANS!

We want to be the team behind R team. We want Championships! Let’s goooo SHARP AXE

Go RU!
Diane
Diane,

You are so right with your, it takes a village comment. Although it would be nice to get a Sugar Daddy for the program, that's highly unlikely. Lehigh has like 1200 plus fans contributing to their club, that should be our model, but on steroids. 5000 to 7000 thousand giving an average of 100 dollars each.

Best,
Matt

Reactions: Leonard23 and rondi
Diane,

You are so right with your, it takes a village comment. Although it would be nice to get a Sugar Daddy for the program, that's highly unlikely. Lehigh has like 1200 plus fans contributing to their club, that should be our model, but on steroids. 5000 to 7000 thousand giving an average of 100 dollars each.

Best,
Matt

Exactly. At that aggregate level, it will certainly help Operational costs to ”pay the bills” which include multiple Resident Athletes to help RU Wrestlers. But, it has to be a multi-year “pledge and commitment” from the fan base. As with all (non-profit) organizations, SKWC needs to count on the money when hiring/contracting for Resident Athletes. Btw, having Resident Athletes also helps with recruiting. It’s the TOP question recruits ask “who will I wrestle with”.

We can do this. We have pages and pages of fans talking about the wrestlers and what the wrestlers & even coaching staff need to do to be better, get better, yada yada. I respectfully say “pot meet kettle”. We, as a fan base, need to step it up, too!

Again, I say that most respectfully. I understand financial & time hardships, COVID, etc. However, there are MANY different levels for R fans to help the SKWC. Refer another RU fan/friend to donate. That’s free. Hahaha.

Go RU!
Diane

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonard23
And here I was happy for the guys and the team until you made me realize just how disappointing a season it really was. For the record, I will keep this past season in my mind as a glass more than half full memory while you seem to be comfortable with a glass more than half empty approach.
Relax.

Have a great day!
Diane
Are there any SKWC shirts or Rutgers Wrestling shirts for sale that proceeds would go toward SKWC? I'm always on the lookout for some Rutgers wrestling gear but rarely see anything decent for sale. Thanks.

Reactions: njsportsphan
RobotHunter, they do periodically sell SKWC wrestling gear. I‘ve gotten notifications by email. I presume being a general member of the SKWC and/or by signing up for SKWC newsletters, it will put you on their email list. Also, if you join the Boom Club, the SKWC gives you some exclusive SKWC Boom Club wrestling gear as a Thank You gift.

Go RU!
Diane

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT