ADVERTISEMENT

Assuming we take 4 in the 2020 class; how many open ships for 2021?

Anyone who's a junior this season would open up for the class of 2021. So that's Baker, Young, and Kiss. Three scholarships, at least.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Anyone who's a junior this season would open up for the class of 2021. So that's Baker, Young, and Kiss. Three scholarships, at least.

Which explains why a PG is an absolute MUST for 2021 class (Diggins would be nice!).

True, but I think you have to recruit assuming no transfers, right?
Maybe a half-dozen schools can recruit that way & have the ability to snag an impact player if a player unexpectedly transfers.

With close to 1,000 kids transferring you are virtually never done recruiting. Staffs just have to do the best they can to know if a kid might bounce. Of course they may also decide to process a kid and move on.

Satop assistant at a B1G program once told me that "recruiting is like breathing. If you stop you die."

Reactions: Scangg
True, but I think you have to recruit assuming no transfers, right?
Maybe a half-dozen schools can recruit that way & have the ability to snag an impact player if a player unexpectedly transfers.

With close to 1,000 kids transferring you are virtually never done recruiting. Staffs just have to do the best they can to know if a kid might bounce. Of course they may also decide to process a kid and move on.

Satop assistant at a B1G program once told me that "recruiting is like breathing. If you stop you die."
I agree Russ. Just saying at minimum you try to use the ships if the players are worthwhile. I’m sure if we really wanted to bring in two others this year we could have but it not worth making mistakes on sit out transfers. I also think you have to wait to award walk ons any of those 2 open scholarships until 2nd semester like pikiell did with Joey downs. You never know who can be a late addition?

I remember the scholarship for Joey was retroactive to the first semester anyway so his entire year was paid last season which was great for him. I’m hoping that as kids see the new practice facility, we could get some earlier commits for even 2021.

We definetly need two big men (a power forward ..Reiber, and a center ) in the class of 2020. We can push back from the table and be picky at the point. Maybe add a couple of 5th years guys for depth

For the class of 2021...that would give us five ships...and we should sign a complete team of players ...one for every position. Guards will matter ..as we will be replacing geo and Jacob young, with Monte , Caleb, and Ron being seniors and Paul being a junior.

I don't anticipate filling all 4 with freshman but things always change. I can see Reiber and 1 or 2 frosh and room for a transfer hitting the market.

Cliff Omoyuri is not realistic as a target in my opinion unless he decides to sign in the spring. Then our season and status would be more defined.

I can see 1 of Coleman Hawkins and/or Darius Miles or 5 to 6 others on the board as viable items.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT