ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Newbies Holding Down The Fort

If you asked the original B1G members they would tell you that PSU is also considered an outsider and "newbie" joining in 1994. So that would make it 6-1.

CONFERENCE (BOWL TEAMS)RECORDWINNING PERCENTAGE
AMERICAN (6)3-3.500
ACC (11)5-6.455
BIG 12 (9)5-4.555
BIG TEN (9)5-4.555
C-USA (4)2-2.500
INDEPENDENTS (1)1-01.000
MAC (6)2-4.333
MOUNTAIN WEST (7)3-4.429
PAC-12 (8)5-3.625
SEC (9)5-4.555
SUN BELT (12)5-7.417

If you add the new Big 10 teams from the PAC 12 it will be 10-5, .67%. I guess the SEC and B10 might be at least equal.

Last edited:
Just for the record, I ain’t having none of that burnt orange haired step child(Texass) in my family until the marriage is consummated with the start of the 2024 football season.

Until then, and probably after then, they can sit at the little kids table when the SEC gets together and breaks bread on the Holy Saturdays of college football 2024.

Now, get off my damn lawn Texass!

It doesn’t help RU one bit that Maryland won

It helps RU and the Big10 when any Big10 team wins. i have clearly seen that for the past 10 years in recruiting rankings.

Top kids want to play in the SEC because they win National Championships and play against National Champions.

Including the new teams
* Aside from money, 4 of the top 5 NJ '23 players going to SEC teams. 2 of top 5 24' NJ players.
* 14 of top 28 teams in 24' recruiting rankings are SEC teams. Their worst team Vandy is ranked 42.
* Missouri is top 10 in recruiting just because they are an SEC team. ranked 25-50 from '13 to '20.
* The worst SEC teams would rank middle of the pack in the BIG10 in recruiting. And the BIG10 is the 2nd best conference in recruiting.

I'd rather be a .500 team in the best conference that beats up on everyone else in bowl games than a .500 team that always loses. We just have to find a way to be a perennial mid-tier BIG10 team that occasionally pulls a Missouri, goes 10-2 and beats Ohio State in the Cotton Bowl. Another reason why the Big10 needs a pipeline into Florida. When the Big10 expands with FSU, i would prefer it to be with UNC or Miami(if it isn't ND($$$)).

Just for the record, I ain’t having none of that burnt orange haired step child(Texass) in my family until the marriage is consummated with the start of the 2024 football season.

Until then, and probably after then, they can sit at the little kids table when the SEC gets together and breaks bread on the Holy Saturdays of college football 2024.

Now, get off my damn lawn Texass!

I have considered Texas and Oklahoma SEC teams since the moment they announced. Likewise the Pac-12 refugees as Big10 members... They are just fulfilling their obligations in their respective conference.
For sure there isn't any college in the Pac-12 that considers themselves a Pac12 member at the moment except Oregon St and Washington St.

I have considered Texas and Oklahoma SEC teams since the moment they announced. Likewise the Pac-12 refugees as Big10 members... They are just fulfilling their obligations in their respective conference.
For sure there isn't any college in the Pac-12 that considers themselves a Pac12 member at the moment except Oregon St and Washington St.
Lol you mean Pac-2...which sounds like a lottery drawing than a lame duck conference.

It helps RU and the Big10 when any Big10 team wins. i have clearly seen that for the past 10 years in recruiting rankings.

Top kids want to play in the SEC because they win National Championships and play against National Champions.

Including the new teams
* Aside from money, 4 of the top 5 NJ '23 players going to SEC teams. 2 of top 5 24' NJ players.
* 14 of top 28 teams in 24' recruiting rankings are SEC teams. Their worst team Vandy is ranked 42.
* Missouri is top 10 in recruiting just because they are an SEC team. ranked 25-50 from '13 to '20.
* The worst SEC teams would rank middle of the pack in the BIG10 in recruiting. And the BIG10 is the 2nd best conference in recruiting.

I'd rather be a .500 team in the best conference that beats up on everyone else in bowl games than a .500 team that always loses. We just have to find a way to be a perennial mid-tier BIG10 team that occasionally pulls a Missouri, goes 10-2 and beats Ohio State in the Cotton Bowl. Another reason why the Big10 needs a pipeline into Florida. When the Big10 expands with FSU, i would prefer it to be with UNC or Miami(if it isn't ND($$$)).
It helps MD recruit better so they can beat RU again

Reactions: RUforlife
PAC2 would be a good landing spot for FSU.
I like B1G better
You’ll love us in the B1G

You never got back to me re coming to our inaugural tailgate in Piscataway once we join the B1G

Of if you’ll join us when Rutgers makes its maiden voyage to Tallahassee

Beers on us
What ya say??

Maryland wininng the Music City bowl will have absolutely zero impact on recruiting (as will us winning the Pinstripe). Recruits aren't basing their decisions on whether or not you won a bowl game.
I think beating Miami has a big effect on Florida recruits and will help us more recruiting in Florida. Maryland recruiting won’t affect us much since they concentrate on Maryland recruits and their plenty of recruits out there.

Reactions: thegock
I think beating Miami has a big effect on Florida recruits and will help us more recruiting in Florida. Maryland recruiting won’t affect us much since they concentrate on Maryland recruits and their plenty of recruits out there.
"Big effect", one bowl game played with a depleted Miami roster in Yankee Stadium? An all B1G national championship game likely to have more of an affect on Florida kids wanting to play in the B1G and maybe we get a down the line residual value.

Reactions: RU24
Maybe they could get UConn and become the 4 corners conference.
Lol pretty sure UConn is gonna be homeless in football forever unless they want to move their precious basketball program away from the Big East. I call them the Bizarro World Penn State since they only care about basketball. Only thing missing out of UConn is a Sandusky level scandal from their hoops program.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
"Big effect", one bowl game played with a depleted Miami roster in Yankee Stadium? An all B1G national championship game likely to have more of an affect on Florida kids wanting to play in the B1G and maybe we get a down the line residual value.
Florida players that never heard of Rutgers will be willing to play at Rutgers. Depleted? I follow college football and I know the first string QB didn’t play but don’t know who else didn’t play. Recruits don’t follow each team players so closely and they count our win more than you. They hear Rutgers beat Miami.

People look at the score board and can’t even find who played after the game 1 week later. Some people on the board say we were close to playing Ohio State or a Michigan this year but most will say we lost again. They don’t know the details of the game.

Florida players that never heard of Rutgers will be willing to play at Rutgers. Depleted? I follow college football and I know the first string QB didn’t play but don’t know who else didn’t play. Recruits don’t follow each team players so closely and they count our win more than you. They hear Rutgers beat Miami.

People look at the score board and can’t even find who played after the game 1 week later. Some people on the board say we were close to playing Ohio State or a Michigan this year but most will say we lost again. They don’t know the details of the game.
I would argue that most 16 and 17 year old kids in Florida didn't even know that Miami was playing Rutgers in a bowl game, let alone watch the game, or knew who won. However, they are much more likely to be pulled in by the hype of the next week and be influenced to consider a B1G program. Then it is the job of the Rutgers recruiters to sell them why we are the B1G program for them.

Reactions: RU24
Here we go, ripping down our accomplishment. It is such a NJ thing to do this.

"Big effect", one bowl game played with a depleted Miami roster in Yankee Stadium?

Do you think in 5 years, 10 years, people are gonna give a rat's arse about that? Our first Big 10 win was over Michigan in 2014 - do you think people go back to that game and nitpick the roster or the coaching staff at that time?

Do you think in 5 years, 10 years, people are gonna give a rat's arse about that? Our first Big 10 win was over Michigan in 2014 - do you think people go back to that game and nitpick the roster or the coaching staff at that time?
Self loathing RU/NJ folks. A tale as old as time.

Reactions: thegock
I would argue that most 16 and 17 year old kids in Florida didn't even know that Miami was playing Rutgers in a bowl game, let alone watch the game, or knew who won. However, they are much more likely to be pulled in by the hype of the next week and be influenced to consider a B1G program. Then it is the job of the Rutgers recruiters to sell them why we are the B1G program for them.
wrong

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan

Plenty of educated college football fans understand that Michigan was in a bad way when we played them in 2014. We have fans on this board that can tell you game by game why Greg couldn’t be held accountable for losses in 2004, 2005, etc. Hell, if you asked, I bet you could get a dissertation from numerous fans on this site as to why we lost to Cincy the game after our historic win in 2006.

Dude you are so right, my bad, right now as we write these posts, every kid on the IMG football roster is telling himself, heck, I ain't going to the U, I'm going up to NJ to play for Rutgers because they beat the U in the Pinstripe Bowl. Too funny!! In reality, I do agree that a loss to Rutgers is deemed by those in Florida as such an embarrassment to the U they might actually lose recruits to FSU, UCF, and Florida, that is true, but I don't see many coming this way to play for us based on that game.

Plenty of educated college football fans understand that Michigan was in a bad way when we played them in 2014. We have fans on this board that can tell you game by game why Greg couldn’t be held accountable for losses in 2004, 2005, etc. Hell, if you asked, I bet you could get a dissertation from numerous fans on this site as to why we lost to Cincy the game after our historic win in 2006.
That's easy...

- the incident on the plane
- flu bug
- Brian Kelly and the PI
- Louisville hangover

DcU5hEp.gif

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Wrong. I noticed you hate Rutgers football, you never have a good thing to say about it or you’re a real negative person.

Wrong. I noticed you hate Rutgers football, you never have a good thing to say about it or you’re a real negative person.
Wrong. Love Rutgers and Rutgers football and I have great things to say about the program when deserved. Sorry, I am not a cultist, or a fan who is just happy with mediocrity, the University deserves so much better.

I don’t read too much into bowl season, outside the CFP because of roster and coaching fluctuations. Here are the records nonetheless.

Wrong. Love Rutgers and Rutgers football and I have great things to say about the program when deserved. Sorry, I am not a cultist, or a fan who is just happy with mediocrity, the University deserves so much better.

In your opinion, aside from what's posted on this anonymous board how do you differentiate a fan who is happy with mediocrity vs a fan who is not?

So the national championship game will also determine the conference that ends with the best bowl record. The stakes could not be higher! ;)

yup, some of this is just pure delusional beating oneself up. There is a difference between being unhappy with aspects of what we do and who we are as a team but some people are just looking for reasons to dump and self loath.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT