ADVERTISEMENT

Ballo to IN

Ballo is very clumsy and not very good outside of 5 feet from the basket. I am not overly concerned about Ballo and Indiana.

I do really like Indiana picking up Myles Rice from Washington State, he's a solid guard that finds people....some concerns about his 3 point shooting (sub 30%), but that happens when you take a lot of shots, up against the shot clock as the lead guard.

Getting Xavier Johnson off the Indiana roster and getting Trey Galloway into a 6th man role, will do wonders for Mike Woodson. Galloway is a nice player, but not a 2nd, 3rd or 4th option on a good team.

If Indiana can get the Stanford guard via the portal and play 2 lead guards, they'll have a chance to fix some things. If anyone other than RU really needed a player like Dylan Harper, it wasn't Duke, it was Indiana. So glad we won that recruiting battle over IU.

Reactions: tm_nj
Pike should be all in on Carr from Wake Forest and Brea from Dayton as a 3 point shooter. Have to would love to get those 2 pieces.

I don’t know who this is but they predicted Ballo to Indiana….and predict Cliff to….,Rutgers.

Hmmm….

Make It So Patrick Stewart GIF

Dominoes falling, in favor of our B1G opponents

Dude is a beast. Will not look forward to facing him.

Edit: Noticed the prior post saying that Ballo is only good five feet in. True. But this was the area where RU was so weak at last year. We'll still beat Indiana - like snow in Antarctica. But Ballo is a terrific, if one-dimensional player.

Last edited:
Dude we have OWNED Indiana. It's been an amazing run of handing them endless L's
You don’t think that could ever turn around? Obtaining more talent is one way for that to happen. Wins over Indiana for the past 4-5 years don’t have anything to do with next year.

So less talent is better than more talent this coming and future years? Also wins four years ago will help us win over Indiana this year? Some take you got there
Indiana had more "talent" and has out recruited Rutgers ever year ever until this year so what are you even talking about?

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Indiana had more "talent" and has out recruited Rutgers ever year ever until this year so what are you even talking about?
Cubuff is saying my argument makes no sense. All I’m saying is wins four years ago don’t assure us beating them this year. Also, I’d sure rather have higher rated talent than less rated talent. Logical no? I do hope we keep beating them but like a roulette table that’s running black for a while it does eventually change to red. Then red runs for a while and changes back. I mean it is 1-1 the last two. My whole point is them getting Ballo isn’t a good thing.

Cubuff is saying my argument makes no sense. All I’m saying is wins four years ago don’t assure us beating them this year. Also, I’d sure rather have higher rated talent than less rated talent. Logical no? I do hope we keep beating them but like a roulette table that’s running black for a while it does eventually change to red. Then red runs for a while and changes back. I mean it is 1-1 the last two. My whole point is them getting Ballo isn’t a good thing.
Being ranked is step one. IU usually gets the best of RU most years, except this year. Developing that talent is step two. That's something IU hasn't done and you don't acknowledge. Step three is the level of commitment of the player to get better. Rutgers has outperformed IU in the majority of these steps and that why Rutgers continues to dominate them. Step four is coaching. Pike has run circles around IU coaches. When you can figure out all of the steps, it will make more sense to you.

It's more to the game than just stars.

Last edited:
Being ranked is step one. IU usually gets the best of RU most years, except this year. Developing that talent is step two. That's something IU hasn't done and you don't acknowledge. Step three is the level of commitment of the player to get better. Rutgers has outperformed IU in the majority of these steps and that why Rutgers continues to dominate them. Step four is coaching. Pike has run circles around IU coaches. When you can figure out all of the steps, it will make more sense to you.

It's more to the game than just stars.
Developing talent and commitment like Reiber, Agee, Palmquist (never really developed), Mag (that’s commitment), Miller, Simpson, Wolfolk, Griffiths. You’re joking.

I will give you that we have a better teacher and coach. Listen, I hope we win the next ten meetings with them but you know it’s really Geo, RHJ, Caleb et Al that owned IN. The last two games are 1-1. All I’m saying is I’d like to have had Ballo. You wouldn’t?

Developing talent and commitment like Reiber, Agee, Palmquist (never really developed), Mag (that’s commitment), Miller, Simpson, Wolfolk, Griffiths. You’re joking.

I will give you that we have a better teacher and coach. Listen, I hope we win the next ten meetings with them but you know it’s really Geo, RHJ, Caleb et Al that owned IN. The last two games are 1-1. All I’m saying is I’d like to have had Ballo. You wouldn’t?
I just wish we could recruit top talent. I’ve heard that some schools have even gotten 2 out of the top 3 players. Maybe one day….

Who’s gonna tell this guy about Ace and Dylan?

They’re here one year! One year! Then we probably won’t have any five stars again. Haven’t won a game on the banks yet. But certainly keep being cocky coming off the year we just had. Or the last two years where we quit. I believe in Ace and Dylan but we don’t have a track record of good recruiting and I’m intelligent enough to realize this is a best friends/fanatics/Godfather is an asst coach anomaly. I’d like to be a perennial winner. Not someone who gets all juiced for only an incoming class after two sh*tty seasons.

Rutgers went 15-17 this year and one of those wins came against IU. The score was 66-57 and this was Rutgers worst teams since Pikes first year. What doses that really say about IU? When Rutgers has less talent, only then is it competitive. Talentless teams according to your standards: Pike's first year (2016-2017) Rutgers went 1-1, last year 1-1 (2022-2023), and 1-0 this year. All without Geo, Caleb, etc. So when Rutgers has equal or better talent, Pike runs away from IU, so we should run away from IU next year. Got it.

Reactions: Scangg
Rutgers went 15-17 this year and one of those wins came against IU. The score was 66-57 and this was Rutgers worst teams since Pikes first year. What doses that really say about IU? When Rutgers has less talent, only then is it competitive. Talentless teams according to your standards: Pike's first year (2016-2017) Rutgers went 1-1, last year 1-1 (2022-2023), and 1-0 this year. All without Geo, Caleb, etc. So when Rutgers has equal or better talent, Pike runs away from IU, so we should run away from IU next year. Got it.
So how did they finish higher than us in the standings if they suck and we’re better? No not trolling. Do I think you’re foolish that you wouldn’t want Ballo. Yes. Got it?

They’re here one year! One year! Then we probably won’t have any five stars again. Haven’t won a game on the banks yet. But certainly keep being cocky coming off the year we just had. Or the last two years where we quit. I believe in Ace and Dylan but we don’t have a track record of good recruiting and I’m intelligent enough to realize this is a best friends/fanatics/Godfather is an asst coach anomaly. I’d like to be a perennial winner. Not someone who gets all juiced for only an incoming class after two sh*tty seasons.

That’s not how it works. Prove you can win and winners come. So you end up a perpetual winner.

We’re getting there. We’re on the short list for several 5* targets for 2025.

Also, now that we’re winning, bball prospects are going to love the proximity to NYC ($$$$) and a winning program.

That’s not how it works. Prove you can win and winners come. So you end up a perpetual winner.

We’re getting there. We’re on the short list for several 5* targets for 2025.

Also, now that we’re winning, bball prospects are going to love the proximity to NYC ($$$$) and a winning program.
What’s not how it works? I’m confused. It doesn’t always work that way. We were good in 2019-2021 and the next couple years classes 21-23 didn’t pay off.

I do agree with you though that if we do very well this year it could lead to a 5 star or two for 2026

I don’t think we’ll get a five star for 2025, 1) because the class will be done before the 2024-25 season starts and 2) a lot of NIL is tied up in 2024-25, not sure we’ll have it to give to incoming 2025s. Maybe 2026s if we do great next year. Let’s hope.

Ballo is at Indiana for 1 year & cost $1.2 million keep trolling

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT