ADVERTISEMENT

Ballo to IN

Ballo is at Indiana for 1 year & cost $1.2 million keep trolling
I never said Ballo wasn’t 1 year. The post said we now dominate recruiting because we have two one and dones. Come on, you wouldn’t want Ballo? I have yet to have anyone tell me they wouldn’t want Ballo. I don’t troll, I’ve been a fan since 1983, graduated RC 1990, season ticket holder basketball and football. I’m just objective, here, on the premium boards and on the football boards. I’m excited for Ace and Dylan, just would have liked Ballo or a premium center to go with them.

Reactions: pmvon
What’s not how it works? I’m confused. It doesn’t always work that way. We were good in 2019-2021 and the next couple years classes 21-23 didn’t pay off.

I do agree with you though that if we do very well this year it could lead to a 5 star or two for 2026

I don’t think we’ll get a five star for 2025, 1) because the class will be done before the 2024-25 season starts and 2) a lot of NIL is tied up in 2024-25, not sure we’ll have it to give to incoming 2025s. Maybe 2026s if we do great next year. Let’s hope.
Dude money was there for this year and has the strong potential to be there again for future years. So many folks on these boards always think some grey cloud will always be perpetually over RUs head even when things are trending up. If you don’t want to believe it that’s fine but it’s the truth.

Dude money was there for this year and has the strong potential to be there again for future years. So many folks on these boards always think some grey cloud will always be perpetually over RUs head even when things are trending up. If you don’t want to believe it that’s fine but it’s the truth.
Most of Dylan and Aces money is coming from sources outside our NIL Dude

So how did they finish higher than us in the standings if they suck and we’re better? No not trolling. Do I think you’re foolish that you wouldn’t want Ballo. Yes. Got it?
You're a star chaser and have no idea how sports work on the college level. Your argument is weak and nothing anyone will say will change your thought process. As for IU finishing higher had more to do with Rutgers imploding due to selfishness of the players.

I don’t think we’ll get a five star for 2025, 1) because the class will be done before the 2024-25 season starts and 2) a lot of NIL is tied up in 2024-25, not sure we’ll have it to give to incoming 2025s. Maybe 2026s if we do great next year. Let’s hope.
1) What leads you to believe this?
2)What inside info do you have to say this? Are you involved with NIL situation at Rutgers?

Reactions: TRU2RU
Trending up? I know you’re saying that because of one great recruiting class. That class hasn’t played a game yet. Hopefully we can all agree in 10-11 months that things are trending up. I’m not seeing the last two years as trending up.

That is how the NIL is suppose to work. Not some rich booster giving money to players who do nothing to earn it. How Ace and Dylan earn their NIL is much more sustainable and with Rutgers location and connections, getting other highly rated players in the future is not out of the question.

You're a star chaser and have no idea how sports work on the college level. Your argument is weak and nothing anyone will say will change your thought process. As for IU finishing higher had more to do with Rutgers imploding due to selfishness of the players.

1) What leads you to believe this?
2)What inside info do you have to say this? Are you involved with NIL situation at Rutgers?
I have no idea how sports work on the college level, lol, from the guy who would rather build a team with less talent. We finished lower in the standings. That’s not a weak argument, that’s a fact. I’m not a star chaser, I’d just rather have more talent. As for your questions 1 and 2, all that info is on the premiums board and the podcasts. Absorb it and then we can talk.

That is how the NIL is suppose to work. Not some rich booster giving money to players who do nothing to earn it. How Ace and Dylan earn their NIL is much more sustainable and with Rutgers location and connections, getting other highly rated players in the future is not out of the question.
Dylan chose Rutgers because of his family connections. His fanatics money isn’t because he went to RU. The next five star to take a fanatics deal can go to any school in the country. The two aren’t dependent on each other. Being close to NYC has very little to do with it. These big companies latch on the these future lottery picks regardless of school. Rutgers getting two five stars is an anomaly, unless, we do great next year. Which I hope we do

Don’t see why people can’t finally accept it. We finally have stability in the department and money across the board (Oddly enough the only mess is wbb - the only stable program for the better part of 4 decades) Sure, we don’t have a billionaire backer…that’s like most programs. But we’re finally positioned and organized enough to take advantage of our geography and demographics.

I have no idea how sports work on the college level, lol, from the guy who would rather build a team with less talent. We finished lower in the standings. That’s not a weak argument, that’s a fact. I’m not a star chaser, I’d just rather have more talent. As for your questions 1 and 2, all that info is on the premiums board and the podcasts. Absorb it and then we can talk.
I have a pretty good understanding of college sports. I know a lot of people who pass that info onto media people. I use to be a premium subscriber, but I have less time for the board, so I didn't want to waste money.

The funny thing is your premium subscription has you believing you know more than anyone on the free board. I don't think you realize some of the posters you debate and dismiss are better connected than you to what is going on at Rutgers.

Reactions: DRC79 and TRU2RU
Don’t see why people can’t finally accept it. We finally have stability in the department and money across the board (Oddly enough the only mess is wbb - the only stable program for the better part of 4 decades) Sure, we don’t have a billionaire backer…that’s like most programs. But we’re finally positioned and organized enough to take advantage of our geography and demographics.
I wish that were true. I don’t see why you think demographics help. Geography, some, but not as much as you think. Join the premium boards and you’ll get the details. We’re not a top quarter NIL player. Might not be top half. This year is extremely special and stands to be an anomaly unless we do quite well in 2024-25, which I hope we do.

I wish that were true. I don’t see why you think demographics help. Geography, some, but not as much as you think. Join the premium boards and you’ll get the details. We’re not a top quarter NIL player. Might not be top half. This year is extremely special and stands to be an anomaly unless we do quite well in 2024-25, which I hope we do.
Be the fly on the wall because you don't know half the people you're talking are well informed. You act like your premium subscription gives you the upper hand over posters on the free board. You're a rookie compared to most on this board. You'll figure it out over time.

I have a pretty good understanding of college sports. I know a lot of people who pass that info onto media people. I use to be a premium subscriber, but I have less time for the board, so I didn't want to waste money.

The funny thing is your premium subscription has you believing you know more than anyone on the free board. I don't think you realize some of the posters you debate and dismiss are better connected than you to what is going on at Rutgers.
You’re right I’m sure. I never said I think I know more than all, but the admins are hard working and do provide a ton of great info. I think it gives me a good understanding. Not the best or only. If I didn’t think the free board had knowledge and value I wouldn’t post over here. I know you’re right about us owning IN the last few years. I’m just saying that continuing shouldn’t be taken for granted. I know we can’t just grab a Ballo because I understand the role of NIL and that while we can play, we’re not flush with cash. All I’m saying is I wish In a perfect world we could have had Ballo to go with this group we have.

Reactions: Eagleton96
Be the fly on the wall because you don't know half the people you're talking are well informed. You act like your premium subscription gives you the upper hand over posters on the free board. You're a rookie compared to most on this board. You'll figure it out over time.
I just addressed this but you took another punch. I didn’t say a premium subscription makes me superior, but it has value. I’ve been a fan since 83, RC 90, have friends that work at RU including having worked with the basketball program. I’m not a rookie but I’m always happy to learn more. That’s why I’m active on all boards.

I just addressed this but you took another punch. I didn’t say a premium subscription makes me superior, but it has value. I’ve been a fan since 83, RC 90, have friends that work at RU including having worked with the basketball program. I’m not a rookie but I’m always happy to learn more. That’s why I’m active on all boards.
You act as if it does make you superior to the free board.
I've been a fan since the I was a little kid in the 70s.
I have former teammates working in the athletic dept too.
So it's a draw.😁

You’re right I’m sure. I never said I think I know more than all, but the admins are hard working and do provide a ton of great info. I think it gives me a good understanding. Not the best or only. If I didn’t think the free board had knowledge and value I wouldn’t post over here. I know you’re right about us owning IN the last few years. I’m just saying that continuing shouldn’t be taken for granted. I know we can’t just grab a Ballo because I understand the role of NIL and that while we can play, we’re not flush with cash. All I’m saying is I wish In a perfect world we could have had Ballo to go with this group we have.
I know who the admins are and I've PM'd them to discuss info in the past that turned up on the board within days. FYI, I use to work for another Rutgers board similar to this one, so I still have connections. That is why I said what I said to you and I'm not the only one on this board in the know.

My last post on this with you.

So it's a draw.😁

I know who the admins are and I've PM'd them to discuss info in the past that turned up on the board within days. FYI, I use to work for another Rutgers board similar to this one, so I still have connections. That is why I said what I said to you and I'm not the only one on this board in the know.

I don’t feel I acted superior. I’m opinionated and like to debate (and I usually learn from it too). I try complimenting you and finding middle ground and you just keep coming at me. I’m out.

I never said Ballo wasn’t 1 year. The post said we now dominate recruiting because we have two one and dones. Come on, you wouldn’t want Ballo? I have yet to have anyone tell me they wouldn’t want Ballo. I don’t troll, I’ve been a fan since 1983, graduated RC 1990, season ticket holder basketball and football. I’m just objective, here, on the premium boards and on the football boards. I’m excited for Ace and Dylan, just would have liked Ballo or a premium center to go with them.
If RU had $1.2 million to spend on a center then they might have gotten Ballo or could have kept Cliff

Reactions: darkcheck
So it's a draw.😁

He threw out an olive branch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT