ADVERTISEMENT

Bank Naming Rights for The RAC ?

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Per Keith Sargeant on the nj.com podcast— naming rights with a bank may be announced this Fall. Don’t think it will be Ocean First since their name is on the new arena at Monmouth

Per Keith Sargeant on the nj.com podcast—naming rights with a bank may be announced this Fall. Don’t think it will be with Ocean First since their name is on the new arena at Monmouth. He did not mention any details about money or length of the agreement.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Since we are talking the home of basketball and wrestling, more appropriate would be Pinnacle.

I believe it's the Federal Union of Credit that will be sponsoring the arena. They outbid the Caldwell Realty Associates.
I'm sure you mean the Federal Credit Union, not Federal Union of Credit.

The last thing we need on campus is FUC Arena. SHI Stadium is bad enough. [roll]

Regardless of what the sponsored names are, they'll always be the RAC and Rutgers Stadium to me.

Last edited:
I'm sure you mean the Federal Credit Union, not Federal Union of Credit.

The last thing we need on campus is FUC Arena. SHI Stadium is bad enough. [roll]

Regardless of what the sponsored names are, they'll always be the RAC and Rutgers Stadium to me.
LOL! Roger that!

FUC and SHI in PISS thataway, NJ. Perfect.

Haha. I’m actually close to this situation and mentioned it in the other stadium naming thread that went to SHIt. Still some work to do here.

Mike, I will always call our stadium and arena Rutgers as well. That being said, we need every penny right now. One of the biggest decisions in Rutgers Athletics history will need to be made on December 1 and money from naming rights, TV, and donors are part of the decision.

I'm not trying to joke about this, but do you think that will get the RAC a much-needed paint job? Can't see a bank paying a bunch of money to their brand displayed on the current facade.

If they’re paying us a whole lot of money, I couldn’t care less what they call it.

My thoughts as well. Take all the money from naming rights and use it to pay for big time renovations. Just borrow against the future earnings.

Who cares? Everyone is going to call it the RAC until they knock the place down anyway.

Reactions: KevH
I believe it was almost Investors Bank as he RAC sponsor, then Julie happened.

Someone mentioned in another thread the front of The RAC is being spruced up as we speak.

Who cares? Everyone is going to call it the RAC until they knock the place down anyway.
Once they get rid of offices, expand the end court seating both sides get up to 10k and expand the lobby (foyer) concessions out that place will be off the hook crazy loud
As much as I would love an ultra modern 12-15 k arena I don't think it will do RU the justice an expanded RAC will do

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
Could it be? The IS&E Bank RAC?
GettyImages-659015900.jpg

Per Keith Sargeant on the nj.com podcast— naming rights with a bank may be announced this Fall. Don’t think it will be Ocean First since their name is on the new arena at Monmouth
As long as it's not an Obscure bank called 'T' Bank. Then when you combine it with the new stadium's sponsor, we truly will be full of you know what.

Should be Home Depot Arena at $30 mil. We could call it "The Depot!" One could wish

Ocean First just bought two other banks on Friday—Two Rivers Bank of New Jersey and Country Bank of New York City.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT