ADVERTISEMENT

Barchi congratulates our wrestlers

retired711

Heisman Winner
Nov 20, 2001
Cherry Hill
The following e-mail went out to Rutgers students, faculty, and staff:

Members of the Rutgers Community:

As we welcome students back from spring break, I want to congratulate two of our student athletes who made history over the weekend: Anthony Ashnault and Nick Suriano. Anthony and Nick won national titles at the 2019 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships in Pittsburgh on Saturday. They are our first national champions since the Scarlet Knights joined the Big Ten and, in fact, the first Division I national champions for Rutgers in 16 years.

Anthony, whose title came in the 149-pound weight class and who went undefeated this season, finishes his career with the most wins in Rutgers wrestling history—123. Nick, who also competed in the national title match last year, became a national champion at 133 pounds. This is the first time we have had two national champions in the same sport since 1949! We are immensely proud to congratulate Anthony and Nick, as well as their coach, Scott Goodale, who was named the Division I National Tournament Coach of the Year.

My best wishes to all our students as we head into the home stretch of the 2018-19 academic year.

Sincerely,

Bob Barchi

I wonder who wrote that. Probably Goodale. Must've had Pat shove that under Barchi's nose. "What's this?? Hmmm...wrestling? Didn't know we had a wrestling team. Har, har, har, Pat, I thought you were going to tell me we had more arrests! I was going to ask you which team - the one with the round bouncy ball or the one with the pointed ends!"

Calm down boys. President Barchi has been front row at several of our matches over the years. A complement from the top of our administration is always welcomed. IMO
1st I've heard of it. I've had season tickets for 5 years now. Gone to all the matches and read all the wrestling threads. You would think once in those 5 years I would have seen him or he would have been talked about on one of the threads. By the way I see Hobbs and Sarah at every single match, but have never seen Barchi.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
1st I've heard of it. I've had season tickets for 5 years now. Gone to all the matches and read all the wrestling threads. You would think once in those 5 years I would have seen him or he would have been talked about on one of the threads. By the way I see Hobbs and Sarah at every single match, but have never seen Barchi.
If I knew how to post photos on this site I would post a photo of Barchi and my son at a wrestling match, front row, Rutgers side.

BTW it would be nice to have the ability to post photos without having to link it to a site.

I wonder who wrote that. Probably Goodale. Must've had Pat shove that under Barchi's nose. "What's this?? Hmmm...wrestling? Didn't know we had a wrestling team. Har, har, har, Pat, I thought you were going to tell me we had more arrests! I was going to ask you which team - the one with the round bouncy ball or the one with the pointed ends!"

Then he says to himself;

“Huh, we offer wrestling! Neat!”

Do you guys ever give it a rest? Football has issues. Everyone knows that. Barchi and Hobbs are doing a good job. Barchi has been to multiple wrestling matches. The slander of Barchi for a Chris Ash hire he didn't make, and a situation with Pernetti that was 100% unavoidable is ridiculous. At least keep it to the football board.

Reactions: bigmatt718
If I knew how to post photos on this site I would post a photo of Barchi and my son at a wrestling match, front row, Rutgers side.

BTW it would be nice to have the ability to post photos without having to link it to a site.

You can typically cut and past pics to this site without hosting it somewhere.

I all but gave up trying to post pics on the board due to the the fact it needs a site link. Should be as simple as copy and paste, IMO.

Reactions: RUonBrain

I have seen Dr. Barchi at many wrestling matches sitting mat side in the front row. What a great letter to the entire Rutgers community. Let's give credit when credit is earned.

Please stop being negative. This is a time to celebrate and today we will with the ringing of the bells. Thank you President Barchi.

Do you guys ever give it a rest? Football has issues. Everyone knows that. Barchi and Hobbs are doing a good job. Barchi has been to multiple wrestling matches. The slander of Barchi for a Chris Ash hire he didn't make, and a situation with Pernetti that was 100% unavoidable is ridiculous. At least keep it to the football board.
Barchi and Hobbs are doing a good job...thanks for the hearty laugh! [roll]

I have seen Barchi at multiple RU wrestling matches, however it would have been nice to see him in the College Ave. gym parking lot to welcome back our TWO National Champions on Sunday afternoon!

Reactions: RUonBrain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT