ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Visits Iowa in Big Ten Play

If you don’t have a reliable guy in a close 2-1 away game you probably are going to lose. It really is the main reason this team will not make it once again unless… and that is a B1G unless they win the B1G regular season tournament. When the hitting is missing you had better have that special 1 or 2 arms.

Not a good day for the Rutgers baseball team. Lose game #2 to Iowa by a score of 15-5… Pitching Pitching Pitching.

Baseball struggling and we play in a league without a team in the NCAA Div. 1 baseball Top 25 rankings.
What are Coastal Carolina and Dallas Baptist doing that Big Ten programs aren’t?
The Coastal Carolina roster does include 3 or 4 pitchers from NJ.

Well that is an important part . No hitting is a big key but like I said “ you better have some arms if you ain’t hitting”.

We lost today 5-1 to Iowa and they made a sweep of the 3 game series. We are now 23-16 overall and 3-9 in league games. We started the season so well and now we are really struggling. We got swept by Purdue and now by Iowa. It started out so promising and we were ranked very high. It just seems that our pitching besides our # 1 starter are all struggling. I never expected us to do so poorly in league games. Nebraska was rated in the Top 20 of the nation and we took 2 of 3 from them but the other league series have been so disappointing.

Reactions: LOU-RU85
The pitching was suspect going into the season. How many pitchers left after 2023? The hitting is the real question . Is Iowa’s pitching that good? Was Purdue’s that good? Hitting is contagious and expect better. I have said this for several years we need to bring in a real pitching coach and recruiter . If the better pitchers instate continue to ignore us then you need to go south n west.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT