ADVERTISEMENT

BC not happy either...

RUboston

All American
Sep 13, 2002
Just had an interesting discussion with my BC contacts. They are not happy with Addazio and this could be his last year unless dramatic turnaround.

First choice on their replacement list: Greg Schiano.

And again they beat last year UCONN, UMASS and Wagner. They were not any good. Also playing a young QB.

Zap, Addazio has been there 5 years. Sorry they should beat us. How many classes has he brought in. Virginia has a second year coach let us see how he does vs BC.

Reactions: 17Q66
Again 5 years for Addazio and now ND and Clemson up next. Going to get fired. Like the top of the thread brother-in-law is BC grad and wants him gone.

Doubt GS would go the Cuse/BC/UConn or Temple route ....I wish we'd have kept him but we didn't...tough to compete with a League HC position..we need someone with a buzz or stain but I'm not quitting on HCCA yet though but my patience is short due to my 65 year old age...I want to enjoy the renaissance of FB AND HOOPS...then I can pass with a smile on my face !!!

Schiano wouldn't go to BC, recruiting is too tough, not enough of a natural recruiting area in New England.

The way tOSU's D is playing, Gary's next stop could be as a lower level assistant.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
Doubt GS would go the Cuse/BC/UConn or Temple route ....I wish we'd have kept him but we didn't...tough to compete with a League HC position..we need someone with a buzz or stain but I'm not quitting on HCCA yet though but my patience is short due to my 65 year old age...I want to enjoy the renaissance of FB AND HOOPS...then I can pass with a smile on my face !!!

Being 70 I feel your pain. I also agree.

I wouldn't think Schiano would go to BC, although with his ego the tough-to-win angle might not matter all that much. And his attitude about APR and such would play well at a Jesuit school. And fewer kids got in trouble when he was here, too, and BC would like that kind of person. So there might be a minor flirtation before he realizes if he waits another year or two something better will pop up.

Doubt GS would go the Cuse/BC/UConn or Temple route ....I wish we'd have kept him but we didn't...
It wasn't up to Rutgers to keep him: HE LEFT! HE LEFT RUTGERS AT THE ALTER SO DEEP INTO RECRUITING SEASON THAT RUTGERS HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO HIRE FLOOD BECAUSE THERE WERE NO QUALIFED CANDIDATES AVAILABLE A WEEK FROM SIGNING DAY.

Yes the NFL is the pinnacle. But to leave that late... who's to say he won't do it again? And all this for a coach who never led his team to a BCS game.

I wouldn't think Schiano would go to BC, although with his ego the tough-to-win angle might not matter all that much. And his attitude about APR and such would play well at a Jesuit school. And fewer kids got in trouble when he was here, too, and BC would like that kind of person. So there might be a minor flirtation before he realizes if he waits another year or two something better will pop up.

Not if his D keeps getting torched like it did yesterday.

It wasn't up to Rutgers to keep him: HE LEFT! HE LEFT RUTGERS AT THE ALTER SO DEEP INTO RECRUITING SEASON THAT RUTGERS HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO HIRE FLOOD BECAUSE THERE WERE NO QUALIFED CANDIDATES AVAILABLE A WEEK FROM SIGNING DAY.

Yes the NFL is the pinnacle. But to leave that late... who's to say he won't do it again? And all this for a coach who never led his team to a BCS game.
I still blame Schiano. He really screwed us. He had his best recruiting class ever. That being said, he wasn't the answer either. Didn't even win the Big Least and I don't want him back.

I still blame Schiano. He really screwed us. He had his best recruiting class ever. That being said, he wasn't the answer either. Didn't even win the Big Least and I don't want him back.

That decision and more importantly timing by Schiano essentially had nearly un-done everything he built. What a catastrophic event for RU. I know Schiano didn't win any titles but I think if he got to sell the B1G things would've been very good for RU by now. Our program hasn't had stability since then

Just like their student base, no name coach is going to consider BCU until they are rejected for the coming Touchdown Jesus' NBCU opening.:flush:

Schiano will go to the first program that wants him. No idea why you guys all think he has an abundance of choices.

Zap, Addazio has been there 5 years. Sorry they should beat us. How many classes has he brought in. Virginia has a second year coach let us see how he does vs BC.
Virginia is a prime example illustrating that talent is needed to win. Bronco Mendenhall is an excellent football coach with over 100 wins to 50 losses in his careeer. Ash needs time

Meyer stated Schiano turned down two significant head coaching opportunities this past off-season.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...er_greg_schiano_turned_down_2_head_coach.html
Meyer stated Schiano turned down two significant head coaching opportunities this past off-season.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...er_greg_schiano_turned_down_2_head_coach.html
he said his QB wasn't an issue this weekend either. Also said he had to retire for illness. No way Schiano interviewed for a job, got it, and turned it down. Twice none the less. Maybe I'm wrong, but this isn't Schianos first rodeo. He's not interviewing just to interview. If he's meeting with someone he wants that job and they know his conditions ahead of time.

I have brought up Virginia in the past. Hired a good coach and he was 2-10 last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT