ADVERTISEMENT

Beer /Booze Sales at this Fall Football and Basketball games?

But what if we are winning and those $8 Miller Lites help get those things sooner?

I'm with you on this issue btw, just playing devil's advocate.
By the time we've raised enough $ from the $300,000-$500,000/yr in beer sales revenue to pay for any of the gigantic videoboard, WiFi or distributed sound system, we'll be pulling in a full B1G share of $45M-$60M, which could pay for all of them at once.

By the time we've raised enough $ from the $300,000-$500,000/yr in beer sales revenue to pay for any of the gigantic videoboard, WiFi or distributed sound system, we'll be pulling in a full B1G share of $45M-$60M, which could pay for all of them at once.
;)

Reactions: Leonard23
Citing drunk fans is just low hanging fruit. Instead let's ask the question: How many people in YOUR row will be getting up to travel to the bathroom and how much of the experience of the game you are watching will be taken up with folks trying to get by, or worse, in front of you.
Or having a vendor walking up and down the aisle and blocking your view of the game while they sell a beer to someone in the middle of the rows in front of you.

Currently we have fans and students that stay in the parking lot just to drink because they can't in the stadium. If those fans actually make it into the stadium there is not doubt that they would drink less. All the facts seem to support offering beer actually reduces alcohol related problem. I understand that it seems counterintuitive but this could be positive revenue source and help reduce problems.
There are 10,000 seats reserved for students. For all the B1G games those seats will be filled anyway. We're pretty close to averaging the full stadium capacity right now so where is beer sales going to increase attendance. If fans can't make it into a game because they can't drink beer inside, let them stay outside. What's more important, watching a game you paid good money for tickets and donating a decent amount of money or hanging around the parking lots to consume beer?

The folks who will drink to excess are already sh1tfaced before they get into the stadium - I should know, I try to chug as many as possible on that walk from the blue lot to the dumpsters. Having beer vendors will probably force someone to keep an eye out for the already over served. I'll take the revenue.

Reactions: Scangg
The folks who will drink to excess are already sh1tfaced before they get into the stadium - I should know, I try to chug as many as possible on that walk from the blue lot to the dumpsters. Having beer vendors will probably force someone to keep an eye out for the already over served. I'll take the revenue.
Sometimes I can't tell if you guys are just trying to be funny or are serious.

Good idea. Zero chance of a search.
Question for you, what is the origin of Plum St. ?
I thought it might be that Plum St. I grew up on Guilden St and walked up and down that street many times from church and bringing home pizza, not necessarily in that order. My grandparents and cousin lived on Robinson St. All 6th warders. Although St. Peter's HS was only 3 blocks away, I attended NBHS, class of 64. Spent a lot of time as a kid playing different sports on campus, especially at the old GYM and behind it. Nice part of NB.

I thought it might be that Plum St. I grew up on Guilden St and walked up and down that street many times from church and bringing home pizza, not necessarily in that order. My grandparents and cousin lived on Robinson St. All 6th warders. Although St. Peter's HS was only 3 blocks away, I attended NBHS, class of 64. Spent a lot of time as a kid playing different sports on campus, especially at the old GYM and behind it. Nice part of NB.

Yes , it was a great part of New Brunswick . So sad there is no plum st tavern and St. Peter's anymore . St. Peter's used to be the place for hs hoops . Lots of Hungarians in that area at one time. .Robert wood has over run the area. Not a bad thing , good medical care is hard to find . But the area lost some of its character.

They sell beer at all NFL games. What do people think is going to happen? Lol this is ridiculous

And the point of binge drinking before games is valid. Since they don't serve booze at the stadium people who like to drink are forced to over consume in the parking lot to make sure it lasts you through the game. Wouldn't have to pregame as hard if you could get a beer at the stadium

Still think "family friendly" sections are a great idea to separate the families and old people from the young rowdy drinking fans. It's a win win for both sides

Yes , it was a great part of New Brunswick . So sad there is no plum st tavern and St. Peter's anymore . St. Peter's used to be the place for hs hoops . Lots of Hungarians in that area at one time. .Robert wood has over run the area. Not a bad thing , good medical care is hard to find . But the area lost some of its character.
I attended the Magyar Reform Church on Somerset St next to St. Peter's HS. Played a lot of bball at their playground because many of my neighborhood friends were from SPHS including ex N. Mexico and RU star John Somogyi. His dad owned a tavern near there. It was mostly a Hungarian area including the HAAC and Middlesex Hospital. A lot of French St above Louis was also Hungarian.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT